Xbox Beta (PC) not detecting external drive

Discus and support Xbox Beta (PC) not detecting external drive in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I downloaded the Outer Worlds to a Seagate External 2TB drive and it runs perfectly - the only problem is, after ejecting the external drive and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/RaulJenkins, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Xbox Beta (PC) not detecting external drive

I downloaded the Outer Worlds to a Seagate External 2TB drive and it runs perfectly - the only problem is, after ejecting the external drive and connecting it, I cannot open the game through the Xbox Beta without uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Steam and Battle.net both detect games on my external drive no matter how many times I eject it - and if they can't detect the files, both launchers have options which allow me to locate the file. I can't seem to find an option like this with the Xbox Beta (PC), so I'm curious if anyone can help me out.

submitted by /u/RaulJenkins
    [link] [comments]

/u/RaulJenkins, Oct 30, 2019
  2. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Games not appearing on external hard drive

Hi ItsOminousCloud,

Is the drive being detected under Storage? If it is not then try the following link please:

Troubleshoot external storage detection on Xbox One

I would recommend connecting the external drive to a PC/Laptop and if it is detected then what needs to be done next is a reset to the external drive itself.

1. Plug the drive into the port on the PC or Laptop

2. Go to files explorer

3. Locate the drive (is it detected)

4. If detected, right click then format

This will wipe the drive. After, eject the drive then plug the drive back into the console port

Side Note: it may have you format to match the console in NTF format

Let me know if this helps :)
  3. onyxishere Win User

External Hard Drive Help

4. XBF George L Win User

Xbox not recognising my external drive after a patch

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're external hard drive is no longer being detected is that correct? Take a look at this helpful support article:

Troubleshoot external storage detection on Xbox One
    . You may also want to possibly get on your PC and reformat the external drive back to blank and see if it will get recognized by the console after that. Give it a try and let us know with a reply how
    it goes!
  5. TheFury749 Win User

Media Player isn't recognizing *anything* anymore...

My Xbox detects and lists that there is an external hard drive attached but when I open it in media player I get the "No files found message". The external works perfect on my PC so I know it is not at fault!
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

NEW 1TB EXTERNAL.HARD DRIVE NOT WORKING

Hi,

Is your external hard drive rated USB 3.0?

Did you try your external drive on all the USB ports?

If you have a PC or laptop and plug it in, does the computer detect it?

The Xbox One supports all types of external USB 3.0 hard drives, but, could you let us know which drive you purchased please?
Thema:

Xbox Beta (PC) not detecting external drive

1. Xbox Beta (PC) not detecting external drive - Similar Threads - Beta detecting external

2. For deleting games from Xbox Game Pass (BETA)

in XboX Insiders
    For deleting games from Xbox Game Pass (BETA): I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 had a problem with deleting games from the Xbox Game Pass (BETA) App on PC. Games kept making errors mid installation. I tried editing permissions which...
  3. (Beta Ring) The new Capture and Share experiment menu is gone.

in XboX Insiders
    (Beta Ring) The new Capture and Share experiment menu is gone.: I loved that I had one button access to recording different lengths of video. Now it's back to 4 button press after opening the Guide ‍♂️ Press Home - Open Guide Press View Button - Capture...
  4. Rugby 20 beta not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rugby 20 beta not working: I preordered rugby 20 so i should be able to play the beta but when i go to play the beta it says i cant because rugby 20 is released which its not anyone have any advice...
  5. Xbox for Google Assistant is released; Open Beta ending

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox for Google Assistant is released; Open Beta ending: From the whole team working on integrating Xbox with Google Assistant, THANK YOU to everyone in the Insider community for your continued testing and support! The Xbox for Google Assistant Open...
  6. Ik zit vast in de bèta van de nieuwe minecraft update [Translation - I'm stuck in the beta...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ik zit vast in de bèta van de nieuwe minecraft update [Translation - I'm stuck in the beta...: Ik wou de nieuwe update van minecraft windows 10 proberen via de xbox insider hub maar toen ik eenmaal de bèta gespeeld had en de bèta wou verlaten lukte het niet. in de xbox insider hub staat dat...
  7. So i installed the Xbox (beta) app and its in Arabic?

in XboX Insiders
    So i installed the Xbox (beta) app and its in Arabic?: ive installed it twice now and it doesnt default to english or icelandic how do i fix this issue? submitted by /u/TimmyOOF [link] [comments]
  8. Minecraft Beta still there after leaving! HELP!

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft Beta still there after leaving! HELP!: I've done everything! I'm on Xbox One. I've un-enrolled from the Insider Beta of Minecraft. I've uninstalled all versions of Minecraft from my console, & reinstalled them. The beta is still...
  9. XBOX 360 controller not detected in games played in XBOX(beta) for Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX 360 controller not detected in games played in XBOX(beta) for Windows 10: Hi, I've been trying the XBOX (beta) application for Windows 10, also subscribed to the game pass. I've downloaded 3 games but in none of them my XBOX 360 controller seems not to be detected at...
  10. How to detect XBox Beta Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to detect XBox Beta Controller: Hi Team, I still have a Beta XBOX One running. Additionally I bought another regular XBOX One Controller and now also have an Elite Controller. Now I want to give my regular bought XBOX One...