Xbox Beta - Unable to sign in after change of primary email

Discus and support Xbox Beta - Unable to sign in after change of primary email in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Yesterday I decided to change the primary mail address (After being annoyed for some time that they don't even support plus-aliased mail addresses),... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Pit Nestle, May 23, 2020 at 9:32 PM.

1. Pit Nestle
    Pit Nestle Guest

Yesterday I decided to change the primary mail address (After being annoyed for some time that they don't even support plus-aliased mail addresses), and had to find out that I was automatically logged out of the Xbox Beta client. After signing in,
    nothing changed.

So I decided to look up the problem, and apparently, I was not the only one having it. Gladly some others already noticed that it stopped working the moment they changed their mail address. So after trying everything else (Reinstalling Xbox Beta
    App, using a different computer, reinstalling Xbox Identity Provider) without it working, as last resort I decided to switch back to my old mail address. I was instantly signed back in and everything was working as bad as it always does again.

The thing is, the discussions I've seen regarding this problems have been posted about a year ago on the Microsoft community forum and have been reported back then. So how the heck is it not yet fixed? It can't be that hard to find that problem,
    especially since this is a quiet big problem. Some people might lose access to their domain and won't be able to use their old mail address anymore and don't have access to their account on Xbox. That is some quiet bad support imo...

tl;dr: after changing primary mail address you can't sign in to Xbox app anymore, can only be solved by changing primary mail address back, problem has been reported more than a year ago and hasn't been solved.

Has anyone who had the same problem found a solution?

:)

2. XBF Brad A Win User

demande d'adresse email alias[Translation-aka email address request]

Hello Jerem,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are trying to change email. Unfortunately, you are unable to change an email that is the same domain. The two you are using are both Microsoft emails. Also an important note: If you change and remove
    a Microsoft email the email will then be deleted and unable to be used. So if you use the email for anything other than Microsoft/Xbox we recommend not removing or changing it. Here is guide for

changing primary alias.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. WPAK Win User

Merge two accounts?

Hi there,

you can't merge accounts itself or fully move the Xbox Live Account to a different Microsoft Account, but something that could work for you is changing the primary email address for the Microsoft Account.

My assumption what steps might be required are:

- Change the primary email on the New Unused Xbox Account account to something else (you might need a new MS account/email for that) so that the Wanted email address is no longer attached to a Microsoft Account.

- Change the primary email on the Old Xbox account to the new wanted email address, so that that Wanted email address can be used to sign in to the Xbox main account.

See this link for the full information on how to change the primary email address on a Microsoft Account

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Let us know the results
  4. WPAK Win User

email account problem

Hi there,

Hoping I understand the issue correct, the following steps might be an option:

These steps should allow you to switch around the primary email addresses connected to both accounts

(this won't change any purchase/services linked to the MS account, only the primary email)

in order to achieve that, it might be possible to use a 3rd (temporary) email address (Microsoft Account).

Currently both email addresses have a MS and Xbox Live Account.

If you change the primary email for the account with the email address you want to use on your MS account connected to Random GT account to that new 3rd email address, that should result in the Celts12085 email to be free and after that you should be able
    to change the primary email address connected to the Aragorn12085 account to Celts12085 email address.

This link shows the steps on how to change the primary email address on a MS account:

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Keep in mind that None of these accounts should be logged in on any device while doing this, so not on Windows PC, Phone or console etc. The reason for that is, that if they are signed in at anything related to Windows (10) it could result in a new Xbox
    Live Account (with random GT) being generated.

I hope the steps are clear and that I understood this correctly.
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Transferring sons Xbox gamertag from my Hotmail account to my Xbox .gmail account.

There is a process to change the primary email on a Microsoft account.

First add it as an alias do not make it primary. Make sure it works correctly to sign in. Promote that email to primary and again validate. Last remove the former primary address from the account.

You can search on how to change primary email on MS account and should find a step by step guide.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Can one switch email addresses ?

Hello David,

Thanks for bringing your question to the forums. Yes you are able to
    change your primary email
    on the account. Following that link provided, will explain how to change it.

Basically, you will want to add another email you want to use, VERIFY
    that email. Then after it is verified you can make it your primary email.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Xbox Beta - Unable to sign in after change of primary email - Similar Threads - Beta Unable sign

2. Xbox(Beta) For windows 10 UNABLE TO CONFIGURE DOWNLOAD LOCATION

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox(Beta) For windows 10 UNABLE TO CONFIGURE DOWNLOAD LOCATION: After scouring the forums as well as other external sources, I've been unaccomplished in finding how to download a game from this wicked launcher. Any other source for gaming applies a function...
  3. Unable to login to microsoft store app, xbox companion or beta app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to login to microsoft store app, xbox companion or beta app.: I purchased the xbox game pass through the microsoft store on browser, I go to download Gears 5 and it automatically launches the microsoft store app and proceeds to let me download the game. I...
  4. i am unable to leave the minecraft beta

in XboX Insiders
    i am unable to leave the minecraft beta: i cant leave the mc beta, ive done all the trouble shooting things and nothing works, when i enroll and unenroll nothing even happens, it just says pending for like 5 seconds and then says im...
  5. Xbox (Beta) PC - My time at Portia - Unable to install - Error code 0x80073cfc

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) PC - My time at Portia - Unable to install - Error code 0x80073cfc: Hi, I'm unable to install My Time At Portia in my Xbox for PC app on Windows 10. I get the following error code - 0x80073cfc Screenshot LINK Any suggestions? Thank you...
  6. Unable to sign in with my account in the Xbox (beta) app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to sign in with my account in the Xbox (beta) app.: Hello, I'm having a problem using the Xbox (beta) app, to sign in with my account. It used to work perfectly. Signing in still works on my Xbox console, mobile phone (Xbox game pass app). Tried...
  7. Unable to sign in to the Xbox Beta or Console companion apps. Errors while downloading from...

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to sign in to the Xbox Beta or Console companion apps. Errors while downloading from...: The error code i receive is "0x80048888". But when I click it to get a solution, the site says that the code doesn't exist. As stated in the subject line, I'm unable to sign in to those apps, but...
  8. Xbox Beta: We are unable to sign you into Xbox live, a specified logon session does not exist

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta: We are unable to sign you into Xbox live, a specified logon session does not exist: https://i.imgur.com/MqZDNW7.png https://i.imgur.com/ipjz6uR.png https://i.imgur.com/FO294sD.png Xbox accessories app See screenshots for the error messages Currently unable to logon to Xbox...
  9. Unable to sign in on the Xbox (Beta) app on Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to sign in on the Xbox (Beta) app on Windows 10: I'm having this problem where if I try to click Sign In, nothing happens. No error message, no feed back, I just click Sign In and nothing happens. I tried the obvious things like restarting my...
  10. Unable to sign into Xbox (beta) on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to sign into Xbox (beta) on PC: I just downloaded Xbox beta on my PC (running current version of Windows 10). When I go to sign in on the app, it shows my account and gamertag, but then it won't actually sign me in. Has anyone...