Xbox button flashing rapidly whilst off

Discus and support Xbox button flashing rapidly whilst off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have an Xbox One Elite which I turned off an hour ago with no problems, I watched tv for a little while then decided to go on my phone instead... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nxth, Oct 24, 2019.

1. nxth
    nxth Guest

So I have an Xbox One Elite which I turned off an hour ago with no problems, I watched tv for a little while then decided to go on my phone instead before I go to sleep.

By this point my room is in darkness except for the light coming from my phone screen, then suddenly my room lights up so I take a look and its being lit up by my consoles power button flashing white pretty quickly, much faster than it does when you first
    shut it down and it sync’s to the cloud or whatever. The console then clicked and shut down after maybe 6 or so seconds... Has anyone else experienced this before?

It might also be worth mentioning that today I was playing Apex and it wouldn’t let me go back to the main menu post-match, so I went to the dashboard, closed the game and tried to re launch it but the whole dashboard stopped working, I shut down my console
    via the controller and it didn’t turn off, it was still on the dash board and the controller was flashing, so I pulled the power lead out of the back, plugged it back in and tried to boot it up but it said something about it failed to boot properly so I restarted
    it then it was fine for the rest of the night... not sure if its related

Thank you in advance

:)

2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

The flashing XBox button occurs between verifying and applying an update. This is the restart of the console phase of a update to the OS.
  3. SamAlix Win User

My Xbox One is doing the same since a month. The power button is flashing quickly it happens many time and it was everyday a couple weeks ago. Sometime when I open my Xbox I got a Troubleshoot page were I can « Continue » or « Update Xbox » but I cant
    choose It cause shes already updated, or « Reset Xbox ». I tried Continue option but I got a blackscreen and nothing happened everytime so I reseted without losing my games and applications 2 time already and now it happened again tonight. Xbox live seems
    to have issue and I’m kinda done of resetting my Xbox one from the start, plus it is impossible to talk to someone to get help...
  4. XA JJKILLERs Win User

So I have an Xbox One Elite which I turned off an hour ago with no problems, I watched tv for a little while then decided to go on my phone instead before I go to sleep.

By this point my room is in darkness except for the light coming from my phone screen, then suddenly my room lights up so I take a look and its being lit up by my consoles power button flashing white pretty quickly, much faster than it does when you first
    shut it down and it sync’s to the cloud or whatever. The console then clicked and shut down after maybe 6 or so seconds... Has anyone else experienced this before?

It might also be worth mentioning that today I was playing Apex and it wouldn’t let me go back to the main menu post-match, so I went to the dashboard, closed the game and tried to re launch it but the whole dashboard stopped working, I shut down my console
    via the controller and it didn’t turn off, it was still on the dash board and the controller was flashing, so I pulled the power lead out of the back, plugged it back in and tried to boot it up but it said something about it failed to boot properly so I restarted
    it then it was fine for the rest of the night... not sure if its related

Thank you in advance
    This is normal if you have auto update on. Check to see if you have a game or system update. Also are you an insider
  5. dazzlerazzle Win User

2 red rings only with GTA V

When you see the 2 flashing red lights, hold the sync button on the console and press the eject button. This will give you some rapidly flashing red lights. Make note of how many quadrants are doing this. Repeat this 3 more times to obtain a 4 digit sequence.

Four rapidly flashing quadrants = a numerical 0

Three rapidly flashing quadrants = a numerical 3

Two rapidly flashing quadrants = a numerical 2

One rapidly flashing quadrant = a numerical 1

With the 2 flashing red lights, you will most likely get 0011 (CPU), 0012 (GPU), or 0013 (RAM).
  6. II x DJE Win User

Xbox flashing green light

The green light on the power button of the Xbox 360 console flashes when the console performs either of the following two actions:

The light flashes rapidly when the disc drive tray is opening or closing.

The light flashes slowly when the console is downloading Xbox LIVE content after the console is turned off.

Visit this link to resolve the flashing green light issue.

support.microsoft.com/.../2291546
Thema:

1. Xbox button flashing rapidly whilst off - Similar Threads - button flashing rapidly

2. Power button flash crash

in XboX Insiders
    Power button flash crash: I’ve been having a few crashes lately. Generally happens whilst playing a game, the game crashes and then the whole Xbox crashes with the power button flashing rapidly. It appears like the...
  3. Luz do botao ligar fica piscando [Mod Translation - Button light turn on flashes]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Luz do botao ligar fica piscando [Mod Translation - Button light turn on flashes]: Meu xbox comecou a piscar a luz do botao touch power....o console nao desliga nao trava nada, porem fica um barulho enquanto a luz fica piscando. Alguem tem ou teve este problema? [Mod...
  4. Xbox One X Powers off - Power Button Flashes twice 4 or 5 times

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Powers off - Power Button Flashes twice 4 or 5 times: So recently my Xbox One X has started randomly powering off. No error messages or messages about over heating. When this happens the Power Light flashes twice quickly either 5 or 6 times before...
  5. Xbox one power button flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power button flashing: i was playing my Xbox when all of a sudden the power button started flashing, ive tried a hard reset and even left it off for a while but ts still flashing, i cant get in contact with anyone...
  6. XBOX don't start, Power button flashing red

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX don't start, Power button flashing red: XBOX 360 don't start only flash light red, cooler is runing. Power supply is OK. 75da07bf-b79d-41e0-9d24-e9c8877c0a3f
  7. xbox power button flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox power button flashing: my power button flashes while my console is on then it stops for a bit and will start again. I haven't noticed anything wrong with my xbox besides the flashing. I read something about the power...
  8. Xbox one power button flashing when on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power button flashing when on: So for the last 2 or so days i have noticed that while watching youtube the power button on my xbox one randomly starts flashing. It lasts about 10 to 20 seconds then stops. Does anyone know why...
  9. Flashing Power Button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flashing Power Button: So my power button keeps flashing rapidly... Anyone have an Idea on why this could be. Don't really have the $$ to get a repair or a whole new console. Want to know if its a quick fix or a problem...
  10. hi, the power button on my xbox 360 is constantly red, (not flashing) why ???

in XBoX on Consoles
    hi, the power button on my xbox 360 is constantly red, (not flashing) why ???: hi there, whilst watching a DVD the picture dissaoeared and the normaly green light on the power button turned to a constant red, im not getting any signal at all on the tv and no connection with...