Xbox. Can’t install Fortnite! Error code: 0x80070490

Discus and support Xbox. Can’t install Fortnite! Error code: 0x80070490 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Anyone know how to resolve this issue? Fortnite updated briefly and now I get ‘Something went wrong’ and the error code above. Fortnitr just doesn’t... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mjimrob, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Mjimrob
    Mjimrob Guest

Anyone know how to resolve this issue? Fortnite updated briefly and now I get ‘Something went wrong’ and the error code above. Fortnitr just doesn’t install.

Never had any problems before.

I have uninstalled then reinstalled Fortnite. Twice.

I have reset the xbox. Twice.

According to xbox/errorhelp, they’re looking into this error code.

Does anyone have a clue what’s happened? Or a fix? I’d be very grateful.

:)

Mjimrob, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Mjimrob Win User

Update:

Don’t think it’s a Fortnite issue as I can’t find anyone online who has the same issue re: Fortnite. They DO have the same issue with different games. I think it may be some kind of conflict. I’ve even done a complete offline install using a flash drive.
    No change.

Anyone out there got a clue? I tweeted Xbox support but no response.
  3. Mjimrob Win User

Anyone know how to resolve this issue? Fortnite updated briefly and now I get ‘Something went wrong’ and the error code above. Fortnitr just doesn’t install.

Never had any problems before.

I have uninstalled then reinstalled Fortnite. Twice.

I have reset the xbox. Twice.

According to xbox/errorhelp, they’re looking into this error code.

Does anyone have a clue what’s happened? Or a fix? I’d be very grateful.
    Sorry. I should just confirm. Fortnite doesn’t PLAY.

It DOES install.

Thanks.
  4. crazydude1965 Win User

I have issue with my xbox one scorpio edition it just wont play fifa everything else plays fine
  5. blueamcat Win User

If you've done all that already, its probably on Fortnite's end. :/

There's literally nothing else to do but wait. Sorry!
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Recibi un mensaje de error en xbox one[I got an error message on xbox one]

Thema:

1. Xbox. Can’t install Fortnite! Error code: 0x80070490 - Similar Threads - Can’t install Fortnite

2. Digital game owned but can’t install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital game owned but can’t install: Hello microsoft so ive recently purchased Halo Master chief collection from a card and redeemed it once it redemeed it said i own this game but it didnt install automatically so i searched halo on...
  3. Bought game code, now can’t install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought game code, now can’t install: I bought a game code for Mafia II Definitive edition. It website said I was all good, but when i found the game in my recent transaction, it says the status is canceled. I’m very confused....
  4. Can’t install apps or games on my Xbox one s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t install apps or games on my Xbox one s: I have tried every method of my knowledge (online also) and my xbox refuses to install any apps. Ive tried clearing my cache by holding the power button for 10 seconds (hard reset,) i have tried...
  5. Xbox Minecraft beta help, can’t install regular version.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Minecraft beta help, can’t install regular version.: I recently downloaded the Minecraft beta for Xbox one and wanted to go back to the standard version to play with friends. I unsubscribed from the beta program and then uninstalled the game but now...
  6. Game deleted itself and I can’t install it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game deleted itself and I can’t install it again: Hello, Yesterday I launched Apex Legends and it prompted me back to home saying an update was needed (56MB). It began, then it said it needed 356MB more and asked to free some space. I checked...
  7. DLC installation bug? // Can’t access Necromancer DLC D3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLC installation bug? // Can’t access Necromancer DLC D3: Hello, yesterday I bought Ultimate Evil Diablo collection, but I am still not able to play Necromancer. In the game, it says that I have to buy it to play it, however in Xbox store it says that I...
  8. Can’t install spelunky even though I own it

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t install spelunky even though I own it: I own spelunky on my Xbox one x however when I tried to play it, it came up with the “do you own this game?” Question, so I deleted it and went onto Xbox.com because I couldn’t get it on my Xbox’s...
  9. Can’t install 360 games digitally through the xbox store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t install 360 games digitally through the xbox store: As an example of the problem I am having. In the free games with gold there is Lego Star Wars II, I will go to “see the price” to download the game but when I press “continue” a message pops up...
  10. Why can’t I install the purchased DLC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I install the purchased DLC?: Hello. I’ve purchased Destiny 2’s Forsaken & Shadowkeep and I don’t seem to be able to install them? when I view them on the Store it shows me ‘Buy’. Where can I download them exactly?!...