Xbox capture issue

Discus and support Xbox capture issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been making 30 second captures on my xbox onex and up till about 4 weeks ago I had no issues, but since then, any clip I uploaded to OneDrive or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tim w 619, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Tim w 619
    Tim w 619 Guest

Xbox capture issue

I have been making 30 second captures on my xbox onex and up till about 4 weeks ago I had no issues, but since then, any clip I uploaded to OneDrive or trimmed/used the studio editor with, wouldnt play.

At first the clip would play for half a second and freeze but the audio would continue. But now most videos just do not play at all. I got an external harddrive to see if it would make a difference, but the captures I make onto the hard drive only play the
    audio with no image, and the files all say they are corrupt.

I have tried clearing the alternate MAC address, deleting the upload studio app, multiple power cycles and even did the xbox's factory restore (the one that keeps games but deletes everything else).

Any help would be very much appreciated

:)

Tim w 619, Oct 22, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox capture issue

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Do the clips have issues right after you record and view them un-edited or when trying to upload or edit the clips through the Upload Studio app?

As you have tried everything that we would suggest on the forums, the only thing that is left on the table to try would be a full factory reset deleting everything from the console. If that does not help, then the console has a possible hardware failure
    responsible for game DVR, which at that point would need to be set up for repair if within warranty.
  3. Tim w 619 Win User

Xbox capture issue

The clips will play fine on the xbox and it doesnt seem to make a difference if I use the upload studio, the trim tool or neither, they still dont work once they are uploaded to OneDrive or recorded straight onto an external hard drive.

However, this morning I did a full factory reset of the Xbox and tried recording both to OneDrive and to the external hard drive.

OneDrive still didnt work the same way as it has been doing, but the hard drive did play two videos on my laptop like normal. I'm unsure if it will continue to work on my hard drive, but that's my preferred way of saving captures so for now it will do. The
    xbox is just out of warrenty (of course) but I do pay a company a monthly fee to protect it from breakdown and damage so I may contact them if the problem happens on the hard drive again and see if its covered specifically for hardware failure.

Thanks for your help :)
  4. Smirkin Dirk Win User

Screenshots won't save or share from the upload app

I have a similar issue. I try to save my screen captures and it says "Sorry, the capture you selected was not saved. PLease try again".

Actually, even the videos I capture cannot be saved.

I have xbox gold membership, if that info is relevant.
  5. Mister Getafix Win User

Xbox One - Capturing Issue

Hi there!

Is the account you are posting with the account that is having the issue? When you checked your profile on Xbox.com we are not seeing any content what so ever.

If this is not the account then please post back on this thread with the account that took the captures.

If it is the account can you send us a video of what happens when you try and record a clip?

Post back and let us know!
  6. VertigoKeyz Win User

Recent Capture Issue

It just started in the past couple of weeks. I haven't tried the internal drive as I need to be able to record more than 10 minutes. I record WWE 2K18 and most of the matches are longer than that.

I can upload one of the culprits to a file sharing service so you can view the original with metadata, etc. YouTube would convert it so that probably wouldn't help. I will do that when I get home and share the link.

Thanks!
Thema:

Xbox capture issue

1. Xbox capture issue - Similar Threads - capture issue

2. Game capture issue xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game capture issue xbox one x: Ok so when go to capture gameplay by using guide and x button it only captures 4 seconds can any one help as xbox support on Twitter does not respond 78d8f898-99db-436e-9ada-f9cf38a81197
  3. capture loading issues

in XboX Insiders
    capture loading issues: I'm in the xbox one update preview alpha skip-Ahead and i am having a issue where when go into a club it doesn't load people's videos and screenshots. Also it cant load captures that were posted 3...
  4. Recent Capture Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recent Capture Issue: I am using the Seagate 4TB drive to capture game play. Until recently, my video capture was a clean 30 fps, no problem with audio. Now, about 50% of the time, the end video behaves peculiar. It...
  5. Weird issue with Captures

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Weird issue with Captures: Hey everyone! So I'm getting a weird issue related to game Captures, sometimes when I'm in my Xbox Home I get this message telling me how many unshared captures I have, and I like it cause that's...
  6. Game capture issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game capture issues: Hello everyone. So, I am a HUGE fan of recording my clips on my Xbox One. Recently, my clips became full and I was no longer able to record them. So, because I'm playing a new game right now, I...
  7. Recent Capture Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recent Capture Issue: I am using the Seagate 4TB drive to capture game play. Until recently, my video capture was a clean 30 fps, no problem with audio. Now, about 50% of the time, the end video behaves peculiar. It...
  8. Xbox One - Capturing Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Capturing Issue: So, yesterday I captured a few screenshots and clips and it saved to My Captures. And today when I try to save some clips, it say says SAVED but it wont show up in My Captures. I’ve tried lots of...
  9. Anyone else having issues with game capture not detecting microphone input?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else having issues with game capture not detecting microphone input?: I’ve gone into settings and ensured that: -> Volume party chat output goes to headset and speakers. -> Allow broadcasts and game captures and mic on is selected. The volume is set to 5 and game...
  10. Capture Caption Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Capture Caption Issues: I am sick of having to re-enter captions on the Manage Captures section as well as my feed; I have to type in everything twice. Also I cannot edit captions, when I do the previous one comes back...