Xbox capture issue

Discus and support Xbox capture issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been making 30 second captures on my xbox onex and up till about 4 weeks ago I had no issues, but since then, any clip I uploaded to OneDrive or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tim w 619, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Tim w 619
    Tim w 619 Guest

Xbox capture issue

I have been making 30 second captures on my xbox onex and up till about 4 weeks ago I had no issues, but since then, any clip I uploaded to OneDrive or trimmed/used the studio editor with, wouldnt play.

At first the clip would play for half a second and freeze but the audio would continue. But now most videos just do not play at all. I got an external harddrive to see if it would make a difference, but the captures I make onto the hard drive only play the
    audio with no image, and the files all say they are corrupt.

I have tried clearing the alternate MAC address, deleting the upload studio app, multiple power cycles and even did the xbox's factory restore (the one that keeps games but deletes everything else).

Any help would be very much appreciated

:)

Tim w 619, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Dubaihero6 Win User

Xbox capturing issue

Yes i have tried that too i have searched it in youtube and google but i have not found the solution
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox capture issue

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Do the clips have issues right after you record and view them un-edited or when trying to upload or edit the clips through the Upload Studio app?

As you have tried everything that we would suggest on the forums, the only thing that is left on the table to try would be a full factory reset deleting everything from the console. If that does not help, then the console has a possible hardware failure
    responsible for game DVR, which at that point would need to be set up for repair if within warranty.
  4. GRAYGHOSTSLAY3R Win User

Xbox capturing issue

Usually when I have this issue myself I just hit the home button and scroll over to the right and you will see a page where it happened and click from anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes. Sometimes it responds better with that.
  5. MindOfTim Win User

Xbox capture issue

The clips will play fine on the xbox and it doesnt seem to make a difference if I use the upload studio, the trim tool or neither, they still dont work once they are uploaded to OneDrive or recorded straight onto an external hard drive.

However, this morning I did a full factory reset of the Xbox and tried recording both to OneDrive and to the external hard drive.

OneDrive still didnt work the same way as it has been doing, but the hard drive did play two videos on my laptop like normal. I'm unsure if it will continue to work on my hard drive, but that's my preferred way of saving captures so for now it will do. The
    xbox is just out of warrenty (of course) but I do pay a company a monthly fee to protect it from breakdown and damage so I may contact them if the problem happens on the hard drive again and see if its covered specifically for hardware failure.

Thanks for your help :)
  6. NUK3xYoMoMa247 Win User

Capture issues

Literally does not work. Mine has been doing this for 4 months and when i contact activision they say its xbox problem and when i contact xbox they say its activision. It’s just a bunch of dummies that cant seem to fix anything when its clearly just this
    game it does it with
Thema:

Xbox capture issue

1. Xbox capture issue - Similar Threads - capture issue

2. trimming captures issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    trimming captures issue: Since mixer is no more I cannot trim videos at all. After recently fixing so it captures more than 10 seconds. I have tried reinstalling upload studio but every time I try to trim a clip it gets...
  3. PC Capture issue

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Capture issue: Im perfectly capable of taking a screenshot, but whenever I try to record it gives me an error code '2184237175' I've found no solution and it's becoming an issue, please help :/...
  4. Current State of 4K Game Capture Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Current State of 4K Game Capture Issue: It's easy to see that many people on this subreddit are upset and frustrated that their once-capable Xbox One X systems could capture 4K HDR footage at 60fps for a long time, only for the...
  5. 4k capture issue still not fixed with the new update (June 9th)

in XboX Insiders
    4k capture issue still not fixed with the new update (June 9th): 4k capture issue still not fixed with the new update.. what actually doing ? or allow us 1080p 60fps capture instead of 4k 60fps. Can you allow us capture in 1080p 60fps instead of 4k 60fps ?,...
  6. Suggestion and Request For 4K Capture Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Suggestion and Request For 4K Capture Issue: -Latest update 4.6 (2006.200601-2000) not fixed 4K capture issue (corrupt 22 sec file) already well known issue... -I am not writing this to repeat same thing over and over, I wand to give a...
  7. Issue with capturing on xbox one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue with capturing on xbox one.: Hi, I can't capture any clips at the moment on my Xbox .I have tried the troubleshooting and it worked up until the last few days where I couldn't clip but I could take screenshots. Is this to...
  8. New Update did not fix 4K Capture issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Update did not fix 4K Capture issue: We still not able to 4K capture and that last update from 28.5 /10.0.19041.2494 (rs_xbox_release_2005.200522-1800) did not fix the issue yet. Solution for that issue is in this update:...
  9. Please Fix 4K Capture Issue In The Following Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please Fix 4K Capture Issue In The Following Update: As already known 4K capture not working after last update. Insider update already fixed that Issue in their last update (10.0.19041.2946) but this is available only for insiders Delta and Beta...
  10. (4K Capture Issue) Fix is in Delta & Beta Updates

in XboX Insiders
    (4K Capture Issue) Fix is in Delta & Beta Updates: Can we please get fix for 4K Capture issue in Omega update as well ? Thank you submitted by /u/YSforce [link] [comments]