Xbox capture option is not recording a full 30seconds

Discus and support Xbox capture option is not recording a full 30seconds in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Sometimes it’s 6 seconds and others 11 seconds. Usually random lengths of time but never 30seconds like it’s supposed t be submitted by... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/catsnbikess, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Xbox capture option is not recording a full 30seconds

Sometimes it’s 6 seconds and others 11 seconds. Usually random lengths of time but never 30seconds like it’s supposed t be

submitted by /u/catsnbikess
    [link] [comments]

/u/catsnbikess, Aug 28, 2019
  2. AridLizard Win User

my xbox capture (game DVR?) wont work

to check the settings for game captures, tap the Xbox button on the controller then press the RB 3 times to get to the system tab

select Settings

from the options on the left select Preferences, then on the right side of the screen select Capture & Share.

make sure that under Capture it is set to allow "Captures by me or games" OR "Captures by me"

choose the other options that best suit your requirements for duration, auto upload, resolution and storage location then when you do something in a game and want to record it simply tap the Xbox button and press X and it will record whatever just happened.

hope this helps
  3. grafix143 Win User

Xbox Capture

I am using a capture card - external and a microphone on PC or laptop to stream or record .

this is the only option if you want your voice to be recorded .
  4. His Demon Queen Win User

Microphone not working in recording.

The built-in capture option doesn't record voice, sadly. You would need to buy special equipment to record for YouTube. (Ex: Elgato, etc.)
  5. carb0nknight Win User

Will Xbox One work with capture cards?

Yeah they will work, but the Xbox One will also be able to record game footage on its own, though not with all the capabilities/options of an actual capture card.
  6. AngelObullets Win User

I can no longer know if I am recording a gameplay the whole recording system is wrong please help

Hi there Martincho Arias,

Are you on the xbox insider program at all?. There might be some reduction on the lenght of your video clips but they are for just clipping, If you want to record full game clips you can broadcast to mixer/twitch and do things that way or record via capture
    card :).
Thema:

Xbox capture option is not recording a full 30seconds

1. Xbox capture option is not recording a full 30seconds - Similar Threads - capture option recording

2. Game Captures

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Captures: When I capture a clip I get the notofication the clip captured. When the game is finished i go to check the clip but it doesnt show. I have a lot of storage and no other apps except the stock apps...
  3. 4K Gameplay Capture Length: Is Recording Up To 1 Hour of 4K Gameplay to External SSD No...

in XBoX on Consoles
    4K Gameplay Capture Length: Is Recording Up To 1 Hour of 4K Gameplay to External SSD No...: I have Xbox One X. I used to be able to capture up to 1 hour of 4K gameplay footage to my external 1TB SSD. Now, it appears I can only capture a maximum of 30 seconds in 4K. Has this capability...
  4. Captures Not Recording Correctly on XBOX One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Captures Not Recording Correctly on XBOX One X: Basically when I try to record, the capture is screwy when I try to view it. I've tried viewing them on my phone as well through the xbox app and it plays the same way as on the console. I haven't...
  5. NTFS formatted hard drive with USB 3.0 not working with Xbox One X for Capturing Gameplay...

in XBoX on Consoles
    NTFS formatted hard drive with USB 3.0 not working with Xbox One X for Capturing Gameplay...: I formatted the USB to NTFS and it shows on my MacBook Pro that is formatted to NTFS but when I plug it into the Xbox One I keep getting this message below... "First, format this device on your...
  6. Xbox Capture: Only recording the first 5 seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Capture: Only recording the first 5 seconds: Hi, So recently when I record a clip (30 seconds 1080p), it will usually record only the first 5-7 seconds of the clip. I am not low on my storage for clips or for my Xbox One X in general. I've...
  7. Changes to Capture Behaviour?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changes to Capture Behaviour?: Has something changed with the default behaviour with captures recently? Previously I could record a clip either by pressing home then x or by saying “Xbox record that” and the clip would be...
  8. Xbox Companion won't post captures

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion won't post captures: When I try to upload a capture from the Xbox Console Companion on Windows 10, and I click on the button "Upload", the following message is displayed: "There was a problem uploading your capture...
  9. DVR does not show live capture options

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DVR does not show live capture options: [img] It used to say record that, last 5 minutes and start recording. I don't know what happened. All options for DVR are checked!!! 774084fa-65e3-4c3a-912b-2506870841b8
  10. GameDVR capture options missing

in XBoX on Consoles
    GameDVR capture options missing: I typically like to take screenshots or game captures of glitches, cool happenstances, or generally funny things. I know the GameDVR works with Fallout 4, and I have the "Allow broadcasts and game...