Xbox Captures not recording the entire duration preferred

Discus and support Xbox Captures not recording the entire duration preferred in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been having this problem mainly playing Modern Warfare, if I want to save a clip, I press the home button and X but the clip only records 6... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DLRS Fluxify, Nov 8, 2019.

1. DLRS Fluxify
    DLRS Fluxify Guest

I have been having this problem mainly playing Modern Warfare, if I want to save a clip, I press the home button and X but the clip only records 6 seconds when I selected it to record for 30 seconds. I had my resolution at 1080p to begin with which records
    2 mins max. After it not working I changed it 720p and it still does the same thing except it is now 16 seconds.

Any help on this would be appreciated, I'm assuming it's a bug or glitch that is unknown as I've seen very little about it posted around.

:)

DLRS Fluxify, Nov 8, 2019
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

To capture what just happened:

1. Start your game and play as usual.
    2. When something cool happens and you want to record it, press the Xbox button
      to open the guide, and then press the
      X button to grab the last 30 seconds.
    To capture a screenshot instead, press the Y button
    instead of the X button

Note The screenshot is taken when you press the
    Xbox button . Pressing the
    Y button saves it.

To capture what's going to happen next:

1. Start your game. Press the Xbox button
      to open the guide.
    2. Press the View button
      , and then select Record from now. Depending on your game clip resolution and available storage space, clips can last up to 10 minutes (capturing to internal storage) or 1 hour (capturing to external storage).
    3. To end the clip, open the guide and press the X button
      . You'll get a message when your clip is saved.
    To see your captures, select Manage captures. Select any capture to see what you can do with it.

To set your clip resolution and capture location, press the
    Xbox button to open the guide, and then go to
    Broadcast & capture > Advanced settings.

Note Saving and sharing screenshots requires Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. If you don’t have a subscription, you can take screenshots on another home Xbox as long as someone with Xbox Live Gold is signed
    in. For more info, see
    Using Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate sharing features on Xbox One
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi DLRS Fluxify,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with capturing game clips with the Xbox One, where your console only records only the last 6-16 seconds of gameplay. You may want to attempt a

Power-Cycle
    on your Xbox One console as a preliminary troubleshooting step.

Please let us know how this goes.
  4. Geth Win User

I believe there is a separate setting for the quality and time selected for recording.
  5. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello
    DLRS Fluxify

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  6. DLRS Fluxify Win User

Oh yes there is separate settings but I was told that 1080p quality actually sometimes cuts the clips early which I didn't understand as I've been using 1080p for months and had no problems until now. I was advised to put it down to 720p and when I did,
    it still did the same.
Thema:

1. Xbox Captures not recording the entire duration preferred - Similar Threads - Captures recording entire

2. Game capture not recording full length

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game capture not recording full length: I have my captures set to 720 P and when I go to record three minutes or five minutes of my gameplay while I’m still in the game something happens and it causes the game the only record 10 seconds...
  3. Game Capture not recording properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Capture not recording properly: I've been having an issue with the game clip feature. I have it set to record 2 minutes at 1080p(have tried other resolutions and times) yet it only ever seems to want to record about 5-12 seconds...
  4. Xbox Recording Capture

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Recording Capture: I want to create content for YouTube. Every time I record on my Xbox for 2-5 mins. When i check the video on Xbox it last only 5 sec. I already tried turning it off and unplugging. I would like to...
  5. Xbox One X Captures Only Recording 6-9 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Captures Only Recording 6-9 Seconds: I've been trying to find a solution to an issue I have recording captures while playing online. Even if I select 45 or 30 seconds manually from the capture options it will only record 6-9 seconds....
  6. Capture - "Record last X Minutes" not working properly

in XBoX on Windows
    Capture - "Record last X Minutes" not working properly: Hi! I have the setting for 'record last x minutes' set to 10. However, when I try using it, it records one frame (that should not actually be within the 10 minutes time period) but with the...
  7. Recorded Captures Only Show 13 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recorded Captures Only Show 13 Seconds: I've been having an issue the past month or so, maybe even longer as I didn't use the feature too often before now, where my recorded captures are only last 13 seconds and sometimes even less,...
  8. Not recording my captures

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not recording my captures: So this is something that’s been really bothering me for a while. Many times the Xbox does not record the DVR captures for the right length of time. For example, let’s say I play a match in online...
  9. Capturing game chat on recorded clips for Xbox One.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Capturing game chat on recorded clips for Xbox One.: I was able to record audio chat on recorded game clips when i had a 3.5mm mic plugged into my controller. Ever since i started using Astro A50 xbox headsets I can no longer record game chat. I...
  10. Capture not recording entirely or disappearing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Capture not recording entirely or disappearing: I have plenty of storage space on my Xbox. I tried doing a 5 minute recording and it recorded 12 secs. I’ve gone through the steps of hard restarting my Xbox, but nothing is showing. It’s weird...