Xbox Captures not recording the entire duration preferred

Discus and support Xbox Captures not recording the entire duration preferred in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been having this problem mainly playing Modern Warfare, if I want to save a clip, I press the home button and X but the clip only records 6... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DLRS Fluxify, Nov 8, 2019.

1. DLRS Fluxify
    DLRS Fluxify Guest

I have been having this problem mainly playing Modern Warfare, if I want to save a clip, I press the home button and X but the clip only records 6 seconds when I selected it to record for 30 seconds. I had my resolution at 1080p to begin with which records
    2 mins max. After it not working I changed it 720p and it still does the same thing except it is now 16 seconds.

Any help on this would be appreciated, I'm assuming it's a bug or glitch that is unknown as I've seen very little about it posted around.

:)

DLRS Fluxify, Nov 8, 2019
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

To capture what just happened:

1. Start your game and play as usual.
    2. When something cool happens and you want to record it, press the Xbox button
      to open the guide, and then press the
      X button to grab the last 30 seconds.
    To capture a screenshot instead, press the Y button
    instead of the X button

Note The screenshot is taken when you press the
    Xbox button . Pressing the
    Y button saves it.

To capture what's going to happen next:

1. Start your game. Press the Xbox button
      to open the guide.
    2. Press the View button
      , and then select Record from now. Depending on your game clip resolution and available storage space, clips can last up to 10 minutes (capturing to internal storage) or 1 hour (capturing to external storage).
    3. To end the clip, open the guide and press the X button
      . You'll get a message when your clip is saved.
    To see your captures, select Manage captures. Select any capture to see what you can do with it.

To set your clip resolution and capture location, press the
    Xbox button to open the guide, and then go to
    Broadcast & capture > Advanced settings.

Note Saving and sharing screenshots requires Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. If you don’t have a subscription, you can take screenshots on another home Xbox as long as someone with Xbox Live Gold is signed
    in. For more info, see
    Using Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate sharing features on Xbox One
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi DLRS Fluxify,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with capturing game clips with the Xbox One, where your console only records only the last 6-16 seconds of gameplay. You may want to attempt a

Power-Cycle
    on your Xbox One console as a preliminary troubleshooting step.

Please let us know how this goes.
  4. Geth Win User

I believe there is a separate setting for the quality and time selected for recording.
  5. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello
    DLRS Fluxify

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  6. DLRS Fluxify Win User

Oh yes there is separate settings but I was told that 1080p quality actually sometimes cuts the clips early which I didn't understand as I've been using 1080p for months and had no problems until now. I was advised to put it down to 720p and when I did,
    it still did the same.
Thema:

1. Xbox Captures not recording the entire duration preferred - Similar Threads - Captures recording entire

2. My voice won't record via headset when capturing from console on laptop; headset microphone...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My voice won't record via headset when capturing from console on laptop; headset microphone...: I'm trying to capture video from xbox one on my laptop. Using a headset to the controller, playing on xbox, recording on laptap. My voice from microphone/headset is not recording. The same headset...
  3. Xbox capture option is not recording a full 30seconds

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox capture option is not recording a full 30seconds: Sometimes it’s 6 seconds and others 11 seconds. Usually random lengths of time but never 30seconds like it’s supposed t be submitted by /u/catsnbikess [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox captures not recording correctly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox captures not recording correctly: Sometimes i attempt to record clips from my games however it will record only 15 seconds instead of a minute, 30 seconds or 5 minutes. I dont use the quick capture i go through and select specific...
  5. Using XBox game bar for game capture gett hissing sound in recordings

in XBoX on Windows
    Using XBox game bar for game capture gett hissing sound in recordings: Hi when using Xbox game bar to record games I get hissing sound in recordings with microphone option turned on with microphone hooked up or not hooked up. 5b4e9de3-4d06-4572-b6ee-10403a0aa009
  6. Why cant I capture my game chat voice in "record that" or stream directly to my youtube...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant I capture my game chat voice in "record that" or stream directly to my youtube...: Hi, I would like to know why doesnt the Xbox One/Xbox One X capture your in game chat voice in the "record that" option when quickly capturing it by hitting the middle button? Why doesnt the Xbox...
  7. Game Capture / Recording

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Capture / Recording: Hi, I use windows 10 game capture on my PC and whenever I save a recording with "record that" the video has no sound and is frozen on 1 frame. When I start recording it records the game play but...
  8. Xbox “record that” only captures 3-5s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox “record that” only captures 3-5s: For the last week or so my XB1X has started to only 3-5s, instead of the last 2 minutes like I have it set to do. Its set to record to my internal drive, which had well over 700GB free. Anyone...
  9. Xbox Captures not recording microphone.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Captures not recording microphone.: So I was recording to my external drive for ~30 minutes. When I took it out and opened it on my pc, it had no microphone sound and the bass was really bad. I'd include it, but I can't figure out...
  10. Xbox app game captures not recording properly

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app game captures not recording properly: Most of my attempted recordings from the Xbox app game DVR are audio recordings and a still image of a random point of the game. Rarely it will record a full video with audio. Does anyone know a...