XBOX change gamertag malfunction

Discus and support XBOX change gamertag malfunction in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I created an xbox account just now and I have been trying to change my gamertag. After I found an original gamertag, I claimed it. However, it just... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AndrewChung5, Aug 22, 2019.

1. AndrewChung5
    AndrewChung5 Guest

I created an xbox account just now and I have been trying to change my gamertag. After I found an original gamertag, I claimed it. However, it just says "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again
    later." I am extremely frustrated with this issue as I have tried changing my gamertag on all of my devices but the same issue keeps on coming up.

:)

AndrewChung5, Aug 22, 2019
  2. bowski477 Win User

What is the tag you are trying to claim? Is it possible that is it already taken?
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello AndrewChung5,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are receive an error when you try to change your gamertag. We know it can be frustrating when you try to complete an action, and it does not go through. Are you trying to

change your gamertag
    on an Xbox One, Xbox 360, Windows 10 computer or mobile device? We recommend logging in to the Xbox website and changing your gamertag through
    there. Be sure to let us know the results!
  4. Mister Gwyther Win User

Gamertag Malfunctions!

Hey there Seouul! Just click on the link in Kleo's post and the steps will be there for you to check out. Hope that helps!
  5. seouul Win User

Gamertag Malfunctions!

Thank you very much Arkham, I did clear my cache but it still won't fix, it seems to be an on and off thing, I hope it will be fixed soon enough.
  6. seouul Win User

Gamertag Malfunctions!

Uhh, I probably sound dumb posting this, but how exactly do I do that? Sorry to bother..
Thema:

1. XBOX change gamertag malfunction - Similar Threads - change gamertag malfunction

2. GAMERTAG NAME CHANGE, SAME EMAIL ADDRESS?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GAMERTAG NAME CHANGE, SAME EMAIL ADDRESS?: I AM A PREMIUM ACCOUNT USER FOR THE solitaire COLLECTION. on MY NEW LAPTOP I've TRIED TO SYNC THE TWO computers SO THAT I KEEP THE SAME USERNAME. It's not working. I'm given a new username and all...
  3. Changed my gamertag MCC still shows old one

in XBoX on Windows
    Changed my gamertag MCC still shows old one: I updated my gamertag after playing reach on PC and now it still shows my old gamertag. How can I fix this? d7b3f462-8f3d-4c0f-b087-ed955947a8be
  4. Changing my Xbox Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing my Xbox Gamertag: So I recently decided to change my gamertag but upon changing it, the xbox app added some numbers after a hashtag and I don't really know why, now those numbers are a part of my gamertag and I...
  5. I changed my xbox gamertag website and it hasn't changed in 8 hours!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my xbox gamertag website and it hasn't changed in 8 hours!: I changed it to Iccle Baker around 8 hours ago, and it still hasn't changed the name on my xbox? What do I do? 4ed603a2-b882-47f5-9d63-c28bc959b0c6
  6. Change of classic gamertag after rushed change

in XBoX on Windows
    Change of classic gamertag after rushed change: Hello, I just bought Halo MCC and rediscovered my old gamertag (Nev22) which I didn't like so I proceeded to change it. I put my new option in which was , the page told that that name was too...
  7. I changed my new account gamertag to a different gamertag can I use it on my old account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my new account gamertag to a different gamertag can I use it on my old account...: I saw the new update on gamertags so I wanted my old account to have no suffix when I changed my new accounts gamertag. b3001add-e8db-466e-b5cf-16853de7cdeb
  8. Why did my gamertag change on Master Chief Collection PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my gamertag change on Master Chief Collection PC?: I just bought the MCC on Steam, and I created a new Microsoft account. After creating an approved gamertag I wanted, I loaded up the game to find it had stuck me with a default gamertag. Why did...
  9. Gamertag change

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag change: Hello. I have been an xbox live gold member for 10+ years but switched to PC gaming as of last year. I wanted to do a name change and used the website but the website was very unclear about what...
  10. Gamertag was changed due to a bug?

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag was changed due to a bug?: A few hours ago I installed Halo: Reach for PC via Steam, I'm new to the whole Xbox system so when it asked me to input a gamertag I made sure to write something unique without any numbers so I...