Xbox Cloud Gaming Desktop (Edge): 3 tries necessary to run games in the local language

Discus and support Xbox Cloud Gaming Desktop (Edge): 3 tries necessary to run games in the local language in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; To use Xbox Cloud Gaming (which is essentially running fine and stable on my end), I use Microsoft Edge on my PC, currently version 94.0.992.50... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/mukidon, Oct 17, 2021.

1. /u/mukidon
    /u/mukidon Guest

Xbox Cloud Gaming Desktop (Edge): 3 tries necessary to run games in the local language

To use Xbox Cloud Gaming (which is essentially running fine and stable on my end), I use Microsoft Edge on my PC, currently version 94.0.992.50 (current). I have created direct shortcuts in the Start menu or desktop for various games, for example like this for DiRT 5:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" https://www.xbox.com/de-DE/play/launch/dirt-5/9PJGM0T0827V --start-fullscreen --profile-directory="Profile 2"

What to my astonishment was the case from the beginning is still the problem today: Cloud Gaming starts in full screen, but already the welcome text (loading screen) is shown to me in English. Also the game, as well as the Xbox menu appear in English, although pretty much everything in my Xbox/Microsoft settings is set to German.

If I now close the browser and open the exact same shortcut again, the greeting starts in German - but the game starts in English again. If I now close the browser again and open exactly the same shortcut a third time, the menu when pressing the controller key, the game, the shortcut screen - simply everything is now in German, as I would like it to be. I wanted to believe in coincidence or misconfiguration, but found out that the problem occurs continuously and repeatedly. Tried this with Google Chrome as well - exactly the same issue.

Are there perhaps other, non-English speaking users present who can report on this? I could not find a corresponding post about the problem here on reddit right away.

submitted by /u/mukidon
    [link] [comments]

/u/mukidon, Oct 17, 2021
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Recovering deleted data

If the game you deleted was a Xbox One game, then your savegame data should be safely stored online in the Xbox Cloud, unless you chose to delete the savegame data from "all" consoles.

If you only deleted the local savegame storage, simply launch the game (after installing it, if necessary), and then let the console synchronize your savegame from the cloud.

If there is a conflict about the local savegame and cloud savegame, make sure to choose the cloud version in the confirmation dialogue.
  3. Мишаня_NeuRos Win User

localization version

Yes, I bought the game in digital form in Xbox Live. The correct region and language is selected on the console. And I know for sure that this game has the necessary localization. But for some reason, the Xbox Live Store downloads the entire English version
    of the game.
  4. LBazi Win User

language setting

Absence Czech me quite sorry. The game itself is not the language. I know that the change is applied only to the subtitles. I tried in the console to set the locale and language of Germany and the running game is still in English. So I really do not know.
  5. Baerzilla Win User

How to change language in XBOX app on Windows 10?

What if I want to use my desktop, keyboard and all normal apps in my native language, but prefer to enjoy my games in english? I can't stand localization voiceovers...
  6. TheWetWood Win User

Can I choose between Cloud Saves or Local Saves for my games? Can I access these files?

Hey Paul,

Thank you for the overview of the cloud saves. Regarding the second question, am I able to access these files myself? I'm assuming not for the cloud saves as the Xbox(Beta) app is still rough around the edges and obscure but how about the local game files?
Thema:

1. Xbox Cloud Gaming Desktop (Edge): 3 tries necessary to run games in the local language - Similar Threads - Cloud Gaming Desktop

2. Cloud gaming on Game Pass for Amazon

in XboX Insiders
    Cloud gaming on Game Pass for Amazon: I have just bought in a 2020 Kendall fire 8 HD and I have downloaded The Game Pass app so that I could use the cloud gaming like I do on my other devices however, the cloud prompt seems to have...
  3. Option to play from cloud not available for any games (XBox One / UK / Ultimate GamePass)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Option to play from cloud not available for any games (XBox One / UK / Ultimate GamePass): I have an XBox Series X and an XBox One X. I'm able to login to GamePass on my Swries X and play games from the cloud. Works great. However, when I access Ganepass on XBox One X, there is no...
  4. Can i play xbox cloud games on pc without a controller?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i play xbox cloud games on pc without a controller?: Can i play xbox cloud games on pc without a controller? i mean games like gta san andreas remastered 7e4ad114-dfa0-49d0-9677-45d6753aa212
  5. Xbox Cloud Gaming Controller wont Connect PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Cloud Gaming Controller wont Connect PC: I am able to connect my Xbox controller to PC and use it through Steam, and other games I downloads through the Xbox Game Pass, but I can connect it to Cloud gaming. It says its connected, yet, I...
  6. Available Now: Experience Clarity Boost with Xbox Cloud Gaming on Microsoft Edge browser

in XboX Insiders
    Available Now: Experience Clarity Boost with Xbox Cloud Gaming on Microsoft Edge browser: [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox game pass ultimate mobile cloud gaming is amazing except for 1 minor flaw and thats...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game pass ultimate mobile cloud gaming is amazing except for 1 minor flaw and thats...: Xbox realize heavy on the Xbox standered issue controller in order to govern its headset capabilities but in the world of mobile gaming there are many different controller attachments for your...
  8. Halo 5 Cloud gaming coop experience on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo 5 Cloud gaming coop experience on PC: Hello i'd like to get help considering cloud gaming experience. Firstly some information: Both me and my coop partner have Ultimate pass My internet connection is set and working, i've been...
  9. Can't connect to Cloud games online service (+ my weird fix)

in XboX Insiders
    Can't connect to Cloud games online service (+ my weird fix): So I'm having a weird issue with either the PC Xbox App, the Microsoft Store or xCloud in general and MLB The Show 21. I'm basically able to launch the game, however once in the game, it fails to...
  10. 2nd controller not detected in xbox cloud games, does it even support

in XBoX on Consoles
    2nd controller not detected in xbox cloud games, does it even support: 2nd controller not detected in xbox cloud games, does it even support 2nd controller on the same device 5f6c0515-6720-416f-a112-c69171604811