Xbox code doesn't work, wrong currency.

Discus and support Xbox code doesn't work, wrong currency. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; so I got an Xbox live gift card online in the wrong currency, and it does not work. there's no option to request a refund so what should I do? the 14... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by a person or something, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Xbox code doesn't work, wrong currency.

so I got an Xbox live gift card online in the wrong currency, and it does not work. there's no option to request a refund so what should I do? the 14 days for refund are not over yet and I wasted $24 on nothing.

(also there's no correct category to put this under)

:)

a person or something, Sep 12, 2020
  2. Mister Cizl Win User

Wrong currency code

Hey WalrusFlap! Unfortunately codes can't be replaced. Double check and make sure your console's region and physical location match. For more info, check
    here. Thanks!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  3. ngocphi Win User

XBOX Live - Changing region

your account region doesn't change with redemption codes

are you buying the right codes?

xbox gift cards are region locked meaning if you buy us gift codes they only work on us accounts

if you have a Germany account region but buying us or uk codes that wont work iut will cause a us or uk billing account

you have to buy currency cards based on your account region and actual region

so if you are buying us currency cards but have Germany billing address you are causing a split billing where the us currency or foreign currency wont work on your local account
  4. ngocphi Win User

Prepaid Code - Different regions

That's from xbox official FAQ as you can see the currency cards are region specific

It doesn't matter where you redeem the code the currency doesn't change it only can be accessed if you match the region
  5. ngocphi Win User

Serious problem with region setting and unable to amend

Your issue is that you bought an out of region currency code

That's the problem.

Since you wanted to redeem the code you have to redeem it only on an UK account that's why they agent told you to do so

It's not ms fault you bought the wrong code

All currency codes a can only be redeemed and used on the region they were purchased in

Even if you move back to us account in 3 months the currency doesn't transfer between regions and the 3month limit is a hard limit

It isn't meant to be used just for using out of region codes but actual moves

You should've purchase the correct one

Your would sti have to buy a us currency code
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

XBOX| Wrong Currency

Hi, if you sign into https://billing.microsoft.com and look in the top right of the window what currency does it show there ? It may well be that your account region setting is incorrect. In the
    top right of the window it should in your case say GB Personal account, if it shows the wrong region then that indicates your account region is incorrect. You would then need to migrate the account to the correct region.

-

There are some downsides to the migration so please check out this link.

-

forums.xbox.com/.../442533.aspx
Thema:

Xbox code doesn't work, wrong currency.

1. Xbox code doesn't work, wrong currency. - Similar Threads - code doesn't wrong

2. Can't Login on Windows 10, Error Code Doesn't Exist.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Login on Windows 10, Error Code Doesn't Exist.: I recently tried logging into my xbox account on the xbox app on my computer. I've never had login problems on my xbox and i'm still not having any issues on it. When I try to login on my...
  3. Redeem code doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeem code doesn't work: Got two games for my girls and the redeem code doesn't work for one of them e55dd68f-a7c7-40df-b0e1-53fac74b51a7
  4. GOLD Code doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    GOLD Code doesn't work: I would like to know how do I get a hold of anyone that can make my code work? I bought the 12 months Gold card, and I waited until I was able to use my X-Box and make a new account. So, I've had...
  5. Can't sign in (error code 0x80a30204), restarting doesn't help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign in (error code 0x80a30204), restarting doesn't help.: This problem just started today. My Xbox One starts up just fine, I can't sign in. When I open up the sign in thing on the dashboard, it lets me put in my passcode just fine, but then the...
  6. Xbox 360 reset code doesn't work?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 reset code doesn't work?: Hi, My girlfriend's sister recently bought a 2nd hand xbox 360 S 250GB and there is a family passcode on it. I registered the device and I tried to reset the code but for some reason nothing...
  7. "Fix this on the web" error code doesn't stop coming back after I unblock my account, how...

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Fix this on the web" error code doesn't stop coming back after I unblock my account, how...: Every single day this keeps happening, I try to sign into any of my Xbox One accounts and all of them tell me to "Fix this on the web", I then go to the link it provided and unblock my accounts...
  8. Code not found. Try re-entering it. If that doesn't work, contact the merchant.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Code not found. Try re-entering it. If that doesn't work, contact the merchant.: I just bout the Xbox one X 1TB with Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. I entered the code several times only to get this error message "Code not found. Try re-entering it. If that doesn't work, contact...
  9. Digital Game Code doesn't work/Codice digitale non funziona

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital Game Code doesn't work/Codice digitale non funziona: Hi everyone! I bought a digital game code from Amazon, it's a valid one because it's distributed by Amazon itself so I don't think it's a bust. Once I enter the code (without error) it tells me...
  10. Code not found. Try re-entering it. If that doesn't work, contact the merchant.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Code not found. Try re-entering it. If that doesn't work, contact the merchant.: I purchased the Xbox One X Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order 1TB Bundle and failed to redeem the code for game. 8351c09f-709d-4c4c-8bfc-ae3fd55de551