Xbox Companion App - Exit Confirmation

Discus and support Xbox Companion App - Exit Confirmation in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the appropriate place to suggest this and if not I'm hoping someone might be nice enough to forward it along. I've started using... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/snang, Aug 29, 2019.

1. /u/snang
    /u/snang Guest

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to suggest this and if not I'm hoping someone might be nice enough to forward it along.

I've started using the Xbox Companion App on my PC when playing on Xbox so I can use my Razer headset. PC on Monitor 1, Xbox on Monitor 2 when it's on.

The problem is, the application gives you no warning whatsoever when you close it while in a voice party. I'll be playing Rocket League and messing around on the PC between rounds and I'll get a party invite from my friends I was just playing with; having accidentally closed the app while using the computer.

Even if it would just minimize to the system tray when the close button was pressed and then require a right click context menu to close it completely or even just an option to enable/disable this behavior.

Oh, and being asked to rate my party experience every single time I exit a party is also pretty obnoxious.

Help!

submitted by /u/snang
    [link] [comments]

/u/snang, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Korhog Win User

admin approval for downloading games xbox beta app pc

Try to full exit from the xbox app (exit from tray)

and start the xbox app as administrator
  3. AH BrownWoman Win User

Windows 10 Xbox Companion App Not Receiving Party Invitations

No but Ive tried both the xbox companion app and the xbox companion beta app, theres literally no option for party notifications anymore so I cant accept party invites
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox (Beta) Windows 10 App

The APP was updated and is simply called the Console Companion. The Beta APP and the console companion are pretty much identical at the moment so I think you only need the console companion which is the newest version. I have the beta app which updated
    and is now simply called Xbox (beta) as I said there is no discernable difference.

Get the Console Companion
  5. SirAngry Win User

"The Division" may get me to buy X1

[quote user="f00xm4n"]

www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/.../ps4-is-all-about-the-companion-app-second-screen-gaming-plays-big-at-e3

gutted for the PS4

"At the moment everything it’s showing has been running on Android, but clearly the second screen push is going to be a big deal. So I would imagine – although I wouldn’t want to say for sure – those companion apps would be released on Vita (and The Division
    developers openly admitted they’re looking into the options). Honestly? It would seem like utter insanity not to."

[/quote]

I can confirm that any second screen apps for the Division will be available via multiple sources on the Xbox One, Massive Games have confirmed this I believe in multiple press releases. I'm sure they gave a demo actually at E3 of the App running off of
    various tablets. So no worries there.
  6. IWGCBettiePage Win User

XBOX LIVE Unavailable

Thema:

1. Xbox Companion App - Exit Confirmation - Similar Threads - Companion App Exit

2. Controller inputs not processing in game through companion app

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller inputs not processing in game through companion app: Had this issue beforehand, and was fixed by updating windows the other day. Now I’m having the same issue, where my controller works fine in the menus but not on the disc i am using. I’m connected...
  3. Xbox Companion app and streaming on twitch

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion app and streaming on twitch: So I know that there are some ways to get party chat to work when capturing the xbox companion app for twitch. I have worked through this for myself, and just had the party chat output come...
  4. Xbox will not display on my Xbox Companion App to stream

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox will not display on my Xbox Companion App to stream: Hi. I cannot stream my Xbox on my laptop using the Companion app. I have used this previously with no issuesm however, I cannot even find my Xbox on my app when i press the connection button. I...
  5. XBox Companion App Not Connecting to XBox

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBox Companion App Not Connecting to XBox: I am trying to connect my computer to my XBox via the XBox companion app on my computer. I followed the instructions given online (modifying the settings on my XBox Settings > Preferences > Xbox...
  6. Getting my xbox to connect to the console companion app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Getting my xbox to connect to the console companion app.: My xbox is on the same internet connection as my phone and my pc but it cannot connect to the xbox app on either devices. Its even on the same subnetwork but it doesn't come up, what do I do to...
  7. xbox companion app won't connect to internet.

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox companion app won't connect to internet.: it's been fine for days now and now all off a sudden it makes me sign in but then tells me I need to be connected to the internet but I am so i'm lost I've tried restarting my desktop....
  8. Windows 10 Xbox Console Companion app upload dates wrong!

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Xbox Console Companion app upload dates wrong!: hi there all, recently I have been uploading clips with the companion app (which is nice and simple rather the long lengthy process of uploading to youtube) but I have come across an issue with...
  9. Unable to sign in to the Xbox Beta or Console companion apps. Errors while downloading from...

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to sign in to the Xbox Beta or Console companion apps. Errors while downloading from...: The error code i receive is "0x80048888". But when I click it to get a solution, the site says that the code doesn't exist. As stated in the subject line, I'm unable to sign in to those apps, but...
  10. Why was the Party Chat notification removed from Console Companion App?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why was the Party Chat notification removed from Console Companion App?: Title. I do not like using the Xbox Game bar. I get every notification Xbox related on the Console Companion App except party invites. I either have to join a joinable party or create one. I do...