Xbox Companion App is not able to connect to my Xbox One

Discus and support Xbox Companion App is not able to connect to my Xbox One in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have been trying to connect my Xbox One to the companion app by the IP Address as it asks, but the app is saying that the console is not recognized.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Spide6667, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Spide6667
    Spide6667 Guest

I have been trying to connect my Xbox One to the companion app by the IP Address as it asks, but the app is saying that the console is not recognized. My friend got his to work and he has an older console. I was wondering if maybe if it was the new update
    or the Social and Gaming services being limited and I hope I can fix it today.

:)

Spide6667, Oct 17, 2020
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

I can't play on pc

Are you able to sign in on the Xbox Console Companion App or the Xbox (Beta) app? The Console Companion app has a section under Settings > Network (in the app) that will let you know the network status and if there are any issues connecting to Xbox Live.
    Can you let us know what it says in there?
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

I can't add my Xbox 360 to the Xbox app

Yeah, Phoenix_Reins is correct with this, the Xbox console companion app only works with the Xbox One. There is no app that connects to the Xbox 360.
  4. Thanatomorphose Win User

Xbox Console Companion won't connect to Facebook

I had the same issue, but found a way around it.

I unlinked Facebook completely on the Xbox companion app on my PC.

I then downloaded the Xbox app onto my phone and connected it using the phone app. it connected fine and the Xbox companion app on my pc then updated with my Facebook linked to it with no further problems. works fine now
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

I cant sign in to SmartGlass and settings sends me to support page.

Hello JoeMantz,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are looking to connect your Xbox One to the Xbox Companion app. To set this up, please follow the steps here:

Game Streaming with Xbox Console Companion App

I hope this helps.
  6. darkist1 Win User

XBox Live not connecting to Facebook: OAuth Error

Apparently this link no longer exists and has been removed.

In a previous post, there was a work around posted for this problem

"I unlinked Facebook completely on the Xbox companion app on my PC.
    I then downloaded the Xbox app onto my phone and connected it using the phone app. it connected fine and the Xbox companion app on my pc then updated with my Facebook linked to it with no further problems. works fine now"
Thema:

1. Xbox Companion App is not able to connect to my Xbox One - Similar Threads - Companion App able

2. Console Companion app not connecting to party chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Console Companion app not connecting to party chat: I just recently built a PC and now when I launch the console companion app I cant join parties. When I do try to join it just continues to say connecting. I can see the icon showing its picking up...
  3. One drive and the xbox companion app.

in XBoX on Windows
    One drive and the xbox companion app.: After the latest xbox update I can no longer stream the xbox one to the companion app if I'm using the one drive app. I use this app to play my xbox 360 on my xbox one and then stream it to the...
  4. Xbox Game Streaming (Xbox Console Companion AND Xbox Beta App on Google Play) problems

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Streaming (Xbox Console Companion AND Xbox Beta App on Google Play) problems: Anyone know how to fix it whenever I did console streaming on my Xbox Console Companion app on my PC, but then today the console streaming services cannot connect to my console? I also just got...
  5. Xbox Companion App - cannot hear people in party chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App - cannot hear people in party chat: I play on my PC while my friends all have xbox so I have to use the companion app. I can see my mic activating. I can see their mic activating. I hear nothing. They can hear me. I have no issues...
  6. Is there an updated version of Xbox Companion for PC? Xbox APP does not have a section to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there an updated version of Xbox Companion for PC? Xbox APP does not have a section to...: Is there an updated version of Xbox Companion for PC? Xbox APP does not have a section to edit/delete captures Please do not say to use the console, it takes too long to rename the auto game...
  7. Can not use xbox companion app on PC to open Youtube on Xbox anymore?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can not use xbox companion app on PC to open Youtube on Xbox anymore?: Hi I usually stream the xbox to my PC with the companion app if some of the other family members want to use the TV. I often do this to watch youtube videos as I find the xbox controller nifty...
  8. How do I upload pc clips to xbox after the companion app disabled uploading clips to xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I upload pc clips to xbox after the companion app disabled uploading clips to xbox...: How do I upload pc clips to xbox after the companion app disabled uploading clips to xbox live please? The xbox console companion app on pc doesn't allow me to upload my pc clips to xbox is there...
  9. Error (0x409) 0x80080005 in Xbox console companion & xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Error (0x409) 0x80080005 in Xbox console companion & xbox app: my xbox console companion just loading for a long time and then it say " (0x409) 0x80080005 " i've already tried some tutorial at youtube, reddit, another forum, none of them work its already 3...
  10. I'm not able to sign-in with a different account in the Xbox Console Companion App.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not able to sign-in with a different account in the Xbox Console Companion App.: I used to be able to sign in with a different account on the Xbox Console Companion app. However, I can't do that anymore. When I click sign-out in the settings and then click sign-in, it...