XBox Companion App Not Connecting to XBox

Discus and support XBox Companion App Not Connecting to XBox in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am trying to connect my computer to my XBox via the XBox companion app on my computer. I followed the instructions given online (modifying the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by FlyHawkSlayer, Sep 19, 2019.

1. XBox Companion App Not Connecting to XBox

I am trying to connect my computer to my XBox via the XBox companion app on my computer. I followed the instructions given online (modifying the settings on my XBox Settings > Preferences > Xbox app connectivity > "Allow connections from any device" and
    "Allow game streaming to other devices") and then tried to connect over the app but I received the following message: "We couldn't connect to your console. Make sure the console is still on and connected to the same network as this device." The console is
    most definitely still on and both the Xbox and the PC are wired into the same router, so they are physically connected to the same network. The troubleshooting page for this issue simply suggests restarting both devices, which I did to no avail. Has anyone
    else had this problem? And what can I do to fix it? Thanks!

:)

FlyHawkSlayer, Sep 19, 2019
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

I can't add my Xbox 360 to the Xbox app

Yeah, Phoenix_Reins is correct with this, the Xbox console companion app only works with the Xbox One. There is no app that connects to the Xbox 360.
  3. Thanatomorphose Win User

Xbox Console Companion won't connect to Facebook

I had the same issue, but found a way around it.

I unlinked Facebook completely on the Xbox companion app on my PC.

I then downloaded the Xbox app onto my phone and connected it using the phone app. it connected fine and the Xbox companion app on my pc then updated with my Facebook linked to it with no further problems. works fine now
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

I can't play on pc

Are you able to sign in on the Xbox Console Companion App or the Xbox (Beta) app? The Console Companion app has a section under Settings > Network (in the app) that will let you know the network status and if there are any issues connecting to Xbox Live.
    Can you let us know what it says in there?
  5. h2o d2o Win User

Windows 8 XBOX Companion app refuses to connect.

Hello MikeHellstone

Did you switched it to available ? Please Check this one:

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-companion-help

Which Phone are you using ? There is an issue with HTC Phones that you cant have a Data-Connection and a Wireless-Connection at the same time ....
  6. darkist1 Win User

XBox Live not connecting to Facebook: OAuth Error

Apparently this link no longer exists and has been removed.

In a previous post, there was a work around posted for this problem

"I unlinked Facebook completely on the Xbox companion app on my PC.
    I then downloaded the Xbox app onto my phone and connected it using the phone app. it connected fine and the Xbox companion app on my pc then updated with my Facebook linked to it with no further problems. works fine now"
Thema:

XBox Companion App Not Connecting to XBox

1. XBox Companion App Not Connecting to XBox - Similar Threads - Companion App Connecting

2. Xbox Console Companion App party chat not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion App party chat not working: I could talk to my friends with no issue until about three days ago, now when I join a party I can't hear them and they can't hear me even though I can see that I'm talking. Sometimes when I join...
  3. Sample rate issues with xbox companion app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sample rate issues with xbox companion app: The sample rate for your microphone isn't supported, is all im getting and ive changed the sample rate several times 91956c2c-de29-40fa-8ab9-a7f9e42282bb
  4. Xbox Companion App Party on PC not WORKING Any clues?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App Party on PC not WORKING Any clues?: So my problem is that I can't hear my friends that are over on xbox. I was using the app as usual about 2 or 3 days ago. I can join the party and connect to them, but their circle isn't...
  5. Xbox Companion App (PC) - Game installed on external hard-drive how to add

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App (PC) - Game installed on external hard-drive how to add: I installed a game on an external hard drive and am trying to figure out how to play it now through the xbox companion on PC. I don't know how to do this so if anyone knows please let me know. Its...
  6. Cannot Connect my Xbox to the Companion app

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Connect my Xbox to the Companion app: I am trying to connect to my Xbox from the Xbox companion app on Windows 10 but the Xbox is not showing up on the app and it's also not finding it when I try search by the IP. Both Xbox and PC are...
  7. Getting my xbox to connect to the console companion app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Getting my xbox to connect to the console companion app.: My xbox is on the same internet connection as my phone and my pc but it cannot connect to the xbox app on either devices. Its even on the same subnetwork but it doesn't come up, what do I do to...
  8. xbox companion app won't connect to internet.

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox companion app won't connect to internet.: it's been fine for days now and now all off a sudden it makes me sign in but then tells me I need to be connected to the internet but I am so i'm lost I've tried restarting my desktop....
  9. Trouble connecting Xbox Live Companion App to Facebook

in XBoX on Windows
    Trouble connecting Xbox Live Companion App to Facebook: Greetings of the day I was trying to find more friends to play minecraft with when i saw the option to connect/link to facebook account to find friends via the Xbox live app on Windows 10. I...
  10. HOW TO CONNECT MY XBOX 360 TO THE XBOX COMPANION APP?

in XBoX Accessibility
    HOW TO CONNECT MY XBOX 360 TO THE XBOX COMPANION APP?: I AM NOT ABLE TO CONNECT MY XBOX 360 APP TO THE XBOX COMPANION APP IN MY PC. CAN ANYONE PLZZ HELP ME REGARDING THIS MATTER. 920b5c47-4337-4a28-8cd0-64dc5d2eb7af