XBox Companion App Not Connecting to XBox

Discus and support XBox Companion App Not Connecting to XBox in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am trying to connect my computer to my XBox via the XBox companion app on my computer. I followed the instructions given online (modifying the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by FlyHawkSlayer, Sep 19, 2019.

1. XBox Companion App Not Connecting to XBox

I am trying to connect my computer to my XBox via the XBox companion app on my computer. I followed the instructions given online (modifying the settings on my XBox Settings > Preferences > Xbox app connectivity > "Allow connections from any device" and
    "Allow game streaming to other devices") and then tried to connect over the app but I received the following message: "We couldn't connect to your console. Make sure the console is still on and connected to the same network as this device." The console is
    most definitely still on and both the Xbox and the PC are wired into the same router, so they are physically connected to the same network. The troubleshooting page for this issue simply suggests restarting both devices, which I did to no avail. Has anyone
    else had this problem? And what can I do to fix it? Thanks!

:)

FlyHawkSlayer, Sep 19, 2019
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

I can't add my Xbox 360 to the Xbox app

Yeah, Phoenix_Reins is correct with this, the Xbox console companion app only works with the Xbox One. There is no app that connects to the Xbox 360.
  3. UnbendingArc958 Win User

can not connect my xbox one to the xbox console companion app on windows 10

4. Thanatomorphose Win User

Xbox Console Companion won't connect to Facebook

I had the same issue, but found a way around it.

I unlinked Facebook completely on the Xbox companion app on my PC.

I then downloaded the Xbox app onto my phone and connected it using the phone app. it connected fine and the Xbox companion app on my pc then updated with my Facebook linked to it with no further problems. works fine now
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

I can't play on pc

Are you able to sign in on the Xbox Console Companion App or the Xbox (Beta) app? The Console Companion app has a section under Settings > Network (in the app) that will let you know the network status and if there are any issues connecting to Xbox Live.
    Can you let us know what it says in there?
  6. darkist1 Win User

XBox Live not connecting to Facebook: OAuth Error

Apparently this link no longer exists and has been removed.

In a previous post, there was a work around posted for this problem

"I unlinked Facebook completely on the Xbox companion app on my PC.
    I then downloaded the Xbox app onto my phone and connected it using the phone app. it connected fine and the Xbox companion app on my pc then updated with my Facebook linked to it with no further problems. works fine now"
Thema:

XBox Companion App Not Connecting to XBox

1. XBox Companion App Not Connecting to XBox - Similar Threads - Companion App Connecting

2. Issues with Xbox Live when connecting to various things including Destiny 2 companion app

in XBoX on Mobile
    Issues with Xbox Live when connecting to various things including Destiny 2 companion app: I have had an issue for about two months. I've been searching all over forums, YouTube videos, and help pages and what not and have found no answer. I have found some other people who have the...
  3. Xbox One Party chat cannot connect with PC Xbox Companion app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Party chat cannot connect with PC Xbox Companion app: I have a specific problem with xbox one party chat. Party chat works perfectly when I connect with other Xbox one players, However when a PC player on the xbox one companion app connects, it...
  4. Cannot connect to XBOX one through companion app at all. I have tried all troubleshooting...

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot connect to XBOX one through companion app at all. I have tried all troubleshooting...: My xbox and pc are on the same network and I can see my xbox in devices on pc, however it will not connect through the companion app at all. Says cant connect to xbox - ensure xbox is switched on...
  5. Xbox One can’t connect to Xbox Companion App on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One can’t connect to Xbox Companion App on PC: Ive tried just about everything and can’t get my Xbox to connect to the App on my PC. I go to connections and add device but when I click connect I get the message “We couldn't connect to your...
  6. Cannot connect Xbox to the Companion app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect Xbox to the Companion app.: I have tried everything and still cannot connect the xbox to the Companion app. Its driving me nuts. It worked three days ago and the last three days have been torture. Any ideas? I have tried:...
  7. Xbox Companion App won't connect to my Xbox One S running insider build.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Companion App won't connect to my Xbox One S running insider build.: Now it ran all the time this is the first time I had issues with it. I usually play my games via the Xbox Console Companion app on my pc and now I cannot connect to it. Its says turn on when it's...
  8. Xbox Companion App on my computer is unable to connect to my Xbox One X

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App on my computer is unable to connect to my Xbox One X: Unable to connect my computer to my Xbox One X through the Xbox Companion App. Everything is up to date. Xbox Companion app is on the current version. Windows 10 Home is on the current...
  9. Xbox Companion App on my computer is unable to connect to my Xbox One X.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Companion App on my computer is unable to connect to my Xbox One X.: [IMG] Unable to connect my computer to my Xbox One X through the Xbox Companion App....
  10. Xbox Companion App is unable to connect to my Xbox One X.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App is unable to connect to my Xbox One X.: When I attempt to connect to my Xbox One X through the companion app on my computer, it says "We couldn't connect to your console. Make sure the console is still on and connect to the same network...