Xbox companion app not uploading video captures to xbox live

Discus and support Xbox companion app not uploading video captures to xbox live in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey guys, so when i try to upload a game clip from my Windows PC through the xbox console companion app, it gets as far as 98% download and then the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Amos18, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Amos18
    Amos18 Guest

Hey guys, so when i try to upload a game clip from my Windows PC through the xbox console companion app, it gets as far as 98% download and then the app just completely shuts down, a flash of a green screen from the app and gone. Is this a bug or something
    i can easily sort out my self or having to wait for another update?

would like to show off my awesome game captures to my friends but can't!

Please help! Xbox companion app not uploading video captures to xbox live :D

:)

Amos18, Mar 18, 2020
  2. PurriWasTaken Win User

I used to be able to share PC edited screenshots with Xbox (beta). How do I share my custom screenshots since it updated?

I am able to upload screenshots and videos taken only on Xbox game pass games using Xbox's game capture.

The problem with that is enabling Xbox game bar and game dvr is widely known to the pc community to cause poor performance while gaming.

My problem is that before the Game Pass update I was able to upload screenshots and videos of games I purchased from steam and epic store using Nvidia's screen capture.

Can I still upload screenshots and videos taken from games not on Xbox game pass without using Xbox's Game capture?

EDIT: I found the solution... We used to be able to upload content with Xbox app (beta) which updated into the game pass app and Xbox app updated to Xbox Console Companion. However a new app was added to the Microsoft store called Xbox Console Companion
    - beta. That is the app that allows you to upload screenshots/videos of games not from Game Pass, Microsoft Store or Xbox Game capture.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Unable to share external HD captures on Xbox Live

What you need to do is copy your captures to the captures folder on Windows 10, should be in your videos folder. Then launch the Xbox app, select captures, then select this pc, and your captures should be listed, select the capture you want to upload, and
    give it a name, and choose the game it's for, and select upload. Once it is uploaded it will take a few hours to go on the xbox live feed.
  4. Amos18 Win User

Hey, yes i have done both and nothing has changed.

running out of ideas or waiting for an update which will hopefully fix this
  5. mareledanut Win User

Hi, have you tried reinstalling your app or to sign out of your account and then back in?
  6. Christyna64 Win User

How do i transfer my gameplay videos to my smartphone from my xbox one?

Go to the App Store, or Google Play and download the Xbox app. You can then upload your game captures to Xbox Live, then use the mobile Xbox App to download your captures after they're uploaded to Xbox Live. You can also click on the share options for
    your captures and upload them to Onedrive and use the mobile Onedrive App to download to your phone.
Thema:

1. Xbox companion app not uploading video captures to xbox live - Similar Threads - companion app uploading

2. Cannot connect to xbox through the companion app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot connect to xbox through the companion app.: I can see the xbox in the selectiln menu, but when I select it it doesn't connect. The xbox and pc are on and on the same wifi. On the companion app I had no error messages, but on the mobile app...
  3. xbox companion app mic not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox companion app mic not working: Ive tried everything I join a party on my companion app and it says that I am talking but I cant hear anybody and they cant hear me. Anyone have any ideas? 87aeb97a-a969-4bab-b2ce-6e20084f51a0
  4. Xbox Console Companion App Party Chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion App Party Chat: I had the issue that party chat would not work. I could not hear anybody and they couldn't hear me, i tried changing the audio devices and tried just listening through the monitor speakers but...
  5. Xbox Companion App will not allow me to share game clips

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App will not allow me to share game clips: Yesterday I wanted to upload a few clips onto the app for my friends to see and also to test different software to record clips. I uploaded 2 clips successfully but when I went to upload the 3rd,...
  6. Push to talk option for PC app "Xbox Console Companion"

in XBoX on Windows
    Push to talk option for PC app "Xbox Console Companion": Is there a setting anywhere in the Xbox Console Companion app for the PC to use push to talk? 0711c086-f679-402e-8d1d-3c6d1f7db825
  7. PC xbox companion app problem

in XBoX on Windows
    PC xbox companion app problem: On the PC xbox companion app i used to see my xbox friends that have the xbox one console id see them online now it dont show them online .. I checked network status on the app and it says...
  8. Xbox App and Console Companion ARE NOT WORKING

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App and Console Companion ARE NOT WORKING: This has gotten worse over the last few weeks. But now I cannot see my friend list and get nothing but errors. Constantly seeing this "We can't show your friends right now. Try refreshing the app....
  9. The Companion App not uploading Custom Gamer pictures.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Companion App not uploading Custom Gamer pictures.: This is not really a question, i just could not find a reliable way to get help or let you guys know. My Companion app is not uploading custom pictures from my files and computer downloads. They...
  10. Windows 10 Xbox Console Companion app upload dates wrong!

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Xbox Console Companion app upload dates wrong!: hi there all, recently I have been uploading clips with the companion app (which is nice and simple rather the long lengthy process of uploading to youtube) but I have come across an issue with...