Xbox Companion App on my computer is unable to connect to my Xbox One X.

Discus and support Xbox Companion App on my computer is unable to connect to my Xbox One X. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] Unable to connect my computer to my Xbox One X through the Xbox Companion App.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/VALAKHALA, May 21, 2020.

1. /u/VALAKHALA
    /u/VALAKHALA Guest

Xbox Companion App on my computer is unable to connect to my Xbox One X. [​IMG]

Unable to connect my computer to my Xbox One X through the Xbox Companion App.

https://preview.redd.it/yhxz1h1iy10...bp&s=bf21d7b925d38fd65f077db17959c6c15043e6b0

• Everything is up to date.
      • Xbox Companion app is on the current version.
      • Windows 10 Home is on the current version.
      • Xbox One X is on the current version of the Alpha Skip Ahead Program.
    • Computer and Xbox are connected to the same network via Ethernet.
    • Console streaming, Allow connections from any device, allow play to stream, allow game streaming to other devices, and allow wireless display to connect in the background are all enabled.
    • Restarted my computer and Xbox several times.
      • I even tried to do a soft reset of my console.

I tried doing a callback to talk to a Support Agent with a estimated time of 90 minutes, but didn't recieve a call until several hours later with an automated message saying my callback was cancelled due to a high volume of calls.

Three Xbox Ambassadors attempted to help as well, but we were unable to find any solutions that worked.

submitted by /u/VALAKHALA
    [link] [comments]

/u/VALAKHALA, May 21, 2020
  2. ArmandoRivera ✅ Win User

Xbox Companion App on my computer is unable to connect to my Xbox One X

The same happened to me. I've already tried everything. Restart the application, empty the application, delete the application, update my computer, etc ... The truth is that I doubt that there is a problem, because I have tried everything. What happens
    to me is that it does not detect the application and therefore I cannot stream
  3. VikingCat32 Win User

Resetting my router didn't work. :(
  4. VikingCat32 Win User

I'm using ethernet, but I'll try resetting router anyways.
  5. WUIJIBOBO Win User

When I've had this problem in the past, doing a power cycle of the console has fixed it. But you've already tried that to no avail. You've tried most of the usual steps already, the only thing I can think of is that maybe there's an issue with the
    router itself which is causing the problem? Could you try changing the channel at which your wireless signal broadcasts, or try turning the router off and then on again? See if one of those helps to fix the issue.
  6. VikingCat32 Win User

Probably not the best solution but after 5 or so hours with various tech support agents, I decided to just say screw it and did a clean install of Windows on my computer and that fixed whatever problem was happening.
Thema:

1. Xbox Companion App on my computer is unable to connect to my Xbox One X. - Similar Threads - Companion App computer

2. No matter what i do, I can't seem to get the Xbox Companion Console apps (or its adjactent...

in XBoX on Windows
    No matter what i do, I can't seem to get the Xbox Companion Console apps (or its adjactent...: I recently got minecraft (bc of corona) and wanted to add a friend of mine, but the app for the companion console thing would just pop up for somewhere between less than a second to MAYBE 10...
  3. Cannot connect Xbox to the Companion app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect Xbox to the Companion app.: I have tried everything and still cannot connect the xbox to the Companion app. Its driving me nuts. It worked three days ago and the last three days have been torture. Any ideas? I have tried:...
  4. Xbox Companion App won't connect to my Xbox One S running insider build.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Companion App won't connect to my Xbox One S running insider build.: Now it ran all the time this is the first time I had issues with it. I usually play my games via the Xbox Console Companion app on my pc and now I cannot connect to it. Its says turn on when it's...
  5. Enable Stream Chat on Xbox Console Companion App

in XBoX on Windows
    Enable Stream Chat on Xbox Console Companion App: Hello, How do you enable stream chat on the Xbox Console Companion on PC? On Xbox its easy you just got to the party and click your name. But there's no option for that or setting in the PC app....
  6. Xbox Companion App and Xbox Beta App for Windows 10 not working on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Companion App and Xbox Beta App for Windows 10 not working on PC: First I was using the Xbox beta app but then it stopped showing my friends and everything i tried wouldn't fix it so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but now it always freezes right before...
  7. Xbox Companion App on my computer is unable to connect to my Xbox One X

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App on my computer is unable to connect to my Xbox One X: Unable to connect my computer to my Xbox One X through the Xbox Companion App. Everything is up to date. Xbox Companion app is on the current version. Windows 10 Home is on the current...
  8. I cannot change my Xbox gamerpic on the Xbox companion app on my computer.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my Xbox gamerpic on the Xbox companion app on my computer.: I have been trying for three days to try and upload a custom gamerpic, with no success. The only message I get is "Sorry, we can't upload this image right now. Try again in a little while." For...
  9. Computador y app companion o xbox bar [Mod translation-Computer and app companion or xbox bar]

in XBoX on Windows
    Computador y app companion o xbox bar [Mod translation-Computer and app companion or xbox bar]: Tengo un problema, mi pc detecta el micrófono y el sonido, pero al usar el app companion o el xbox bar para unirme a un chat no puedo escuchar a mis compañeros ni ellos a mi, mi nat es Open,...
  10. Signing in to the Xbox console companion app on my computer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Signing in to the Xbox console companion app on my computer.: My computer is windows 10 and is connected to the same network as my console. I do have a main computer that my xbox/Microsoft account is logged into but my laptop (the one I need help with) is...