xbox companion app shuts down after clicking stream

Discus and support xbox companion app shuts down after clicking stream in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; i wanna stream off my pc without a capture card by using xbox companion app but after i hit stream, the whole app will just shut down. it stopped... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JawsKilla, Apr 10, 2020.

1. JawsKilla
    JawsKilla Guest

i wanna stream off my pc without a capture card by using xbox companion app but after i hit stream, the whole app will just shut down. it stopped working a couple days and i thought maybe the xbox servers were just down.

:)

JawsKilla, Apr 10, 2020
  2. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

Hi,

are you using the regular or the beta app?
  3. Northern Lass Win User

Xbox will not display on my Xbox Companion App to stream

I have this problem sometimes when I have been streaming my console to the pc without any problems suddenly it stops working.

I click remove next to the console on the streaming page and do a hard reset on my xbox and shut down my pc.

I then boot up my pc and turn my xbox on and search for the xbox on my pc on the streaming page of the companion app. This normally works for me.
  4. MrDankle Win User

Xbox game bar

Please try the following steps to try to fix the issue with the xbox companion app.

1. Run Xbox App Troubleshooter

Click on Start and select Settings.

Go to Update and Security.

Click on Troubleshoot tab.

Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows Store Apps.

Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Click on Run the Troubleshooter button.

Windows Store App Troubleshooter will scan the system and suggest some fixes.

Follow the on-screen instructions and check if that resolves the error.

2. Reset the Xbox App

Click on Start and select Settings.

Go to Apps.

Click on Apps and Features.

Now search for Xbox App and select the app.

Click on Advanced Options.

Xbox Apps - Apps and Features

In the new window, scroll down and click on the Reset button.

Xbox App Reset - Xbox Companion App

When asked for the confirmation, click on Yes.
  5. AArdvark_76 Win User

taking screen captures on xbox one while streaming using xbox companion app

Captures work fine when not streaming. The problem is down to how the game bar and xbox console companion app work together . The game bar doesn't know what game I am streaming
  6. MRallamagoosa Win User

Managing Xbox downloads via Windows 10 PC

When your PC and XBOX are in the same net, you can stream your console on your laptop via the companion app:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/console-companion-app

This way your laptop will work as a screen with the net as the only connection (the controller is plugged to the laptop in this case since you controlling everything from there). Since you're looking after fast download speeds, be sure
    to connect to the XBOX to launch the download and then disconnect since the stream is taking bandwidth and slowing down everything else. Just reconnect after a while to check progress.
Thema:

1. xbox companion app shuts down after clicking stream - Similar Threads - companion app shuts

2. No matter what i do, I can't seem to get the Xbox Companion Console apps (or its adjactent...

in XBoX on Windows
    No matter what i do, I can't seem to get the Xbox Companion Console apps (or its adjactent...: I recently got minecraft (bc of corona) and wanted to add a friend of mine, but the app for the companion console thing would just pop up for somewhere between less than a second to MAYBE 10...
  3. Cannot connect Xbox to the Companion app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect Xbox to the Companion app.: I have tried everything and still cannot connect the xbox to the Companion app. Its driving me nuts. It worked three days ago and the last three days have been torture. Any ideas? I have tried:...
  4. Xbox Companion App won't connect to my Xbox One S running insider build.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Companion App won't connect to my Xbox One S running insider build.: Now it ran all the time this is the first time I had issues with it. I usually play my games via the Xbox Console Companion app on my pc and now I cannot connect to it. Its says turn on when it's...
  5. Enable Stream Chat on Xbox Console Companion App

in XBoX on Windows
    Enable Stream Chat on Xbox Console Companion App: Hello, How do you enable stream chat on the Xbox Console Companion on PC? On Xbox its easy you just got to the party and click your name. But there's no option for that or setting in the PC app....
  6. Xbox Companion App and Xbox Beta App for Windows 10 not working on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Companion App and Xbox Beta App for Windows 10 not working on PC: First I was using the Xbox beta app but then it stopped showing my friends and everything i tried wouldn't fix it so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but now it always freezes right before...
  7. Xbox Companion App on my computer is unable to connect to my Xbox One X

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App on my computer is unable to connect to my Xbox One X: Unable to connect my computer to my Xbox One X through the Xbox Companion App. Everything is up to date. Xbox Companion app is on the current version. Windows 10 Home is on the current...
  8. Xbox Companion App on my computer is unable to connect to my Xbox One X.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Companion App on my computer is unable to connect to my Xbox One X.: [IMG] Unable to connect my computer to my Xbox One X through the Xbox Companion App....
  9. Xbox Companion App is unable to connect to my Xbox One X.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App is unable to connect to my Xbox One X.: When I attempt to connect to my Xbox One X through the companion app on my computer, it says "We couldn't connect to your console. Make sure the console is still on and connect to the same network...
  10. XBOX Console Companion App for Windows 10 is starting full screen at boot, and I cannot get...

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Console Companion App for Windows 10 is starting full screen at boot, and I cannot get...: How do you disable Xbox Console companion app from launching at startup? There are no options for this in the Windows 10 settings, in the app settings, or in the task manager start up tab. This is...