Xbox Companion App will not allow me to share game clips

Discus and support Xbox Companion App will not allow me to share game clips in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Yesterday I wanted to upload a few clips onto the app for my friends to see and also to test different software to record clips. I uploaded 2 clips... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Idooke68, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Idooke68
    Idooke68 Guest

Yesterday I wanted to upload a few clips onto the app for my friends to see and also to test different software to record clips. I uploaded 2 clips successfully but when I went to upload the 3rd, everything seemed fine at first because it 'uploaded' to Xbox
    live however it was not visible on my activity page, under captures, and I wasn't even able to share it. I thought this was odd so I deleted it and tried re uploading it, and it did the same exact thing, so I waited a few hours and when I came back, it was
    still not visible. So then I kept trying to delete and upload it over and over thinking that maybe I uploaded the clip at a time servers were down or something etc. but nothing changed. I tried one last time today after leaving the clip uploaded overnight
    and when i woke up it was still not visible so I tried once more and then I got a message that says "You cant share game clips : There might be a problem with the service, or it could be because of your privacy settings or past behavior. To check your privacy
    settings, go to Xbox.com". After reading that i went to Xbox.com to check my privacy settings and everything looked in order, I also reset the app through windows settings and now i'm stuck with this message. So at this point I assume it is talking about my
    past behavior of uploading and deleting the same clip over and over but this is ridiculous, if i am suspended from uploading clips, why haven't I received any information on how long the suspension is for, or how I could uplift it.

Essentially, I just want to get assistance so that I can upload clips again, thanks.

:)

Idooke68, Mar 26, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Error con Compañero de la consola xbox[Translation-Error with Xbox Console Companion]

Hi Erick,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are having issues with clips on the companion app. Here is a guide for

edit and share clips on Windows 10

Note In March of 2020 the option to upload images and game clips from the Xbox Console Companion (Beta) app was permanently removed. You’ll need to upload images and game clips from the non-beta version of the Xbox Console Companion
    app.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  3. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

Have the same error don't have any enforcement on my account but cant upload my league of legends clip to my xbox live when normally i have no problem doing it i think it's a problem with the app itself
  4. kRevali Win User

How to send a clip from profile on xbox.com??

You can download the video clip using the Xbox app companion or xbox mobile app and upload it to youtube or something, when clicking on Share button you can select the option to Download it
  5. Al Dennon Win User

Sending clips via Xbox Console Companion Issues

You should be able to see shared content with the Xbox Companion App (game bar does not allows this), make sure your app is updated and if that doesnt work try reseting the app.

Windows key > Search: Xbox console companion > right clic> app settings> reset.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

I cant upload gaming clips to the xbox app homepage

Hello Fire,

Thanks for coming to the Xbox forums. We understand having issues uploading videos. You can take a look at the page for

edit and share game clips

Game clips (under 30 minutes long) and screenshots of popular PC games and any game available through the Microsoft Store can be shared to Xbox Live. They aren’t automatically uploaded from Windows 10.

1. In the Xbox Console Companion app, select
      Captures
    2. Select On Xbox Live.
    3. Select the game clip or screenshot you want to share.
    4. Select Share, and then choose where you want to share it.
    Hope this helps.

Brad
Thema:

1. Xbox Companion App will not allow me to share game clips - Similar Threads - Companion App allow

2. Stop advertising the new Xbox app through Console Companion, for 32bit systems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop advertising the new Xbox app through Console Companion, for 32bit systems: Hey Xbox! How about you stop advertising to me that I should download the new Xbox App (ridiculously also providing a link to the store which clearly states the app is for 64bit only) on my 32...
  3. Xbox party chat doesnt work on the Companion app ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox party chat doesnt work on the Companion app ?: I have issues joining parties and talking to friends on PC. The app gives me a code (0x8923103D) along with saying the system might be down. Although its been saying this for months now an my...
  4. I cant sign in on xbox console companion app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant sign in on xbox console companion app: when i try to sign into any xbox app erorr code 0x80048888 comes up and when click on it nothing shows up da6930b0-342b-4e0a-a017-56a9f8d1ff17
  5. Aplicación compañero de consola xbox se cierra[Xbox console companion app closes]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Aplicación compañero de consola xbox se cierra[Xbox console companion app closes]: La aplicación para windows 10 de compañero de consola xbox no abre, la inicio - se abre la ventana - se queda cargando un par de segundos y se cierra. Ya trate restableciendola, desinstalandola y...
  6. In-Game chat while using Xbox Companion App & Discord

in XBoX on Windows
    In-Game chat while using Xbox Companion App & Discord: Hello community, I've posted this question is a few different forums but have not been able to find an answer. I am NOT talking about xbox party chat (dont use it) / just in-game chat. I...
  7. Cant hear friends when I’m party in the Xbox companion app on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant hear friends when I’m party in the Xbox companion app on pc: I can hear everything else fine and ive made sure im using the right audio device and its turned up, my nat type is set to moderate and im on a stable connection 1a82f444-e4ce-4f32-a5d1-bc617b8d405d
  8. Xbox console companion app streaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox console companion app streaming: When I stream my gameplay on my Xbox One to my pc through the xbox console companion app I can't hear my own voice but I can hear everyone elses? 42c87f26-30d0-4b2d-a779-f713600c6a9e
  9. Xbox companion app on windows 10 gamertag.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox companion app on windows 10 gamertag.: So I changed my gamertag earlier today for two reasons. I wanted to see if I could remove one number, and I still had my first free change available. Before my gamertag change, my gamertag was 13...
  10. Feedback - Allow Management of All Xbox Live Game Clips on Companion App

in XboX Insiders
    Feedback - Allow Management of All Xbox Live Game Clips on Companion App: I'm not sure if this is just local to me right now, but currently it seems that the Xbox companion app on pc only allows you to view and manage the most recent 100 or so game clips you've uploaded...