Xbox companion streaming to PC is not working

Discus and support Xbox companion streaming to PC is not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys, I am totally blocked and i don't kwno what else i can do, but this is frustrating. I haave bought a new laptop. I have installed averything... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MagicSeantor, May 29, 2020.

1. MagicSeantor
    MagicSeantor Guest

Hi guys,

I am totally blocked and i don't kwno what else i can do, but this is frustrating.

I haave bought a new laptop. I have installed averything as my previous one, but, when i am going to go with the xbox companion streaming the signal from my xbox to the computer, it starts the streaming and it stops at the saem time (sometimes i can not
    see the xbox screen at any time and i can only see my laptop screen. with the xbox streaming top bar over it). and you could think... well, maybe it could be my connection... but i have tried the following steps and nothing works:

- My new laptop and my xbox both are connected with ethernet cable.

- I have tested the speed and i have 600MB/600MB.

- thinking that could be something from network, i have configured my new laptop with exactly the same IPs and configuration that my old laptop, but nothing works.

- I have update all windows and devices drivers.

If connect again my old laptop, in the same ethernet connection, everything works perfectly, but it doesn't work in my new laptop... I have reviewed a lot of points and i have tested a lot of possible results, but nothing...

Could someone help me? are you experimenting similar issues?

thanks.

:)

MagicSeantor, May 29, 2020
  2. Northern Lass Win User

Xbox will not display on my Xbox Companion App to stream

I have this problem sometimes when I have been streaming my console to the pc without any problems suddenly it stops working.

I click remove next to the console on the streaming page and do a hard reset on my xbox and shut down my pc.

I then boot up my pc and turn my xbox on and search for the xbox on my pc on the streaming page of the companion app. This normally works for me.
  3. Radiant Sword X Win User

Laptop xbox display

My best recommendation for streaming via PC is using a capture card like Elgato or Roxio as this is the best method for streaming with the OBS. I think this is better because if using the Xbox Companion App to stream, it may not work very well on laptop
    especially since they are lower quality in performances. Try desktop PCs instead for streaming.
  4. Whiteleaf2012 Win User

Thanks for the update. I've had occasional problems streaming to my PC too.
  5. MagicSeantor Win User

thank Maverick, i will open the same thread there.

Many thanks.
  6. MagicSeantor Win User

Well... after 3 days totally dedicated to this... i have "resolved" the problem.

In my case, my new laptop is an MSI with nvidia RTX 2070 Super MaxQ. What i have seen, is that the Xbox Companion app doesnt work well with this potent graphic cards and some extra MSI functionalities. So to play with the xbox streaming i have done the following
    steps:

- disbale the overcloking in BIOS advanced option (to enter in the BIOS, use ESC at the start and once you will be there enter in the advanced BIOS option pressing: right shift + right ctrl + left alt + F2)

- change the Hybrid graphig use to simple graphic use in the MSI Dragon center, and restart the computer.

After this steps, the streaming from my xbox to the windows 10 computer through the xbox companion app was totally resolved and works perfectly now.

I hope this could help other people with the same problem.

Thanks.
Thema:

1. Xbox companion streaming to PC is not working - Similar Threads - companion streaming working

2. streaming in xbox console companion

in XBoX on Windows
    streaming in xbox console companion: when I press streaming the xbox console companion automatically closes 01c419ef-d656-454c-ab5d-d2cc00b47315
  3. Console Companion not streaming | Windows 10 2004 stuck at 99%

in XBoX on Windows
    Console Companion not streaming | Windows 10 2004 stuck at 99%: Hi Microsoft Team, Yesterday, I updated my Xbox to the latest update and connected it to the internet again so I could stream games to my laptop outside of my room. I loaded into the app and...
  4. Using a microphone on my PC when streaming Xbox Console with Console Companion

in XBoX on Windows
    Using a microphone on my PC when streaming Xbox Console with Console Companion: Greetings, I get speaker audio through my PC without any issue. However, the only way I can get a mic to work is still through the controller adapter. Is there a way to use a mic plugged into my...
  5. Enable Stream Chat on Xbox Console Companion App

in XBoX on Windows
    Enable Stream Chat on Xbox Console Companion App: Hello, How do you enable stream chat on the Xbox Console Companion on PC? On Xbox its easy you just got to the party and click your name. But there's no option for that or setting in the PC app....
  6. Split Party Chat and Game Audio while streaming on Xbox Companion App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Split Party Chat and Game Audio while streaming on Xbox Companion App: Hello, I use display capture in Streamlabs OBS and the Xbox Companion App to broadcast to Twitch. Currently both game audio and party chat are broadcasted when playing with friends as both fall...
  7. Can't Stream With Console Companion On Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Stream With Console Companion On Windows 10: It says "We couldn't connect to your console. Make sure the console is still on and connected to the same network as this device." When i try the IP manually it says "We couldn't find an Xbox One...
  8. Xbox Console Companion doesn't play audio through my headset when I stream on my laptop.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion doesn't play audio through my headset when I stream on my laptop.: I started using this app to play games on my xbox by streaming it to my laptop, because I typically am in a discord call with other people while I do so. For the first few weeks of using this app,...
  9. Xbox console companion game stream mic not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox console companion game stream mic not working: I didn't know this was even an option it had until recently, but it doesn't even work for me... Does it work for anyone else, if so, any ideas on how to get it working?...
  10. Repost from /r/XboxOne. Console Companion app streaming isn't working after Windows update.

in XboX Insiders
    Repost from /r/XboxOne. Console Companion app streaming isn't working after Windows update.: I just updated Windows (edit: version 1903) after getting a message that the April edition will no longer be supported and afterwords when trying to stream from my Xbox One X to my computer (so I...