Xbox Connection Unusual problem

Discus and support Xbox Connection Unusual problem in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox Connection Unusual problem This is a list of the things we’ve tried: ... -put problematic xbox into powersaver mode ... If the console is... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by SchwiftyZ, May 28, 2019.

1. SchwiftyZ
    SchwiftyZ Guest

If the console is in powersaver mode, does it still cause issues?

:)

SchwiftyZ, May 28, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Schwifty,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. This is definitely an unusual issue here. Can you let us know exactly everything that has been done in terms of troubleshooting this issue? That way we don't give you a ton of steps that you have already tried.

Aside from that, have you tried hardwiring the console in question here via ethernet cord? You can also try unplugging the router for a few minutes and then having this console connect to it first. Sometimes, a router can prioritize devices that connect
    to it first. Its an un orthodox thing to try out but for this unusual issue, we should try anything out.

Let us know if hard wiring the console makes a difference.
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

Hey Schwifty,

Another thing I can think of would be Setting up "alternate port selection" on the problematic Xbox one. You can set this up in your

network settings
    under the advanced settings section.

You would select "Alternate port selection" and then select "Manual". Afterwards, you would just choose a port from the drop down menu and then test out your console.

This step is a lot of trial and error. You would want the outcome to be choosing a port that left your NAT type "open" while also giving better performance on your console.

Before thinking about setting up for a repair as suggested above, you would want to test out that console on a different network to be sure that the console is in fact the root cause of this issue.
  4. LucasSkyFall Win User

The network card of that xone in question should be in trouble then. Recommended to take you to a technical assistance.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

This is a list of the things we’ve tried:

-put problematic xbox into powersaver mode

If the console is in powersaver mode, does it still cause issues?
  6. SchwiftyZ Win User

Thank you for the quick response!

This is a list of the things we’ve tried:

-clearing alternate MAC address

-hard resetting our internet router

-full xbox profile reset on non-problematic xbox (customer service reccomendation)

-tried adjusting DNS settings after nothing else worked

-cleared persistent blu-ray storage (youtube recommendation)

-put problematic xbox into powersaver mode

We are about to try a single ethernet cable for the problematic xbox, if this does not work, what else would you recommend?

We’re just really confused as to what is causing this particular xbox to create issues for everyone, including the problematic xbox.

Thanks!
Thema:

1. Xbox Connection Unusual problem - Similar Threads - Connection Unusual problem

2. Teredo Connection Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Teredo Connection Issue: I keep getting a teredo error message every two games of NBA 2k20 park, so online multiplayer games. I will be in the middle of a game and the connection to xbox live just goes out. I have a...
  3. Cant connect to XBox Live...Cant see any networks...while XBox tells me that I'm connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to XBox Live...Cant see any networks...while XBox tells me that I'm connected.: Hey there, all of a sudden I cannot connect to XBox Live anymore...don't know the reason why. When I search for possible network connections there aren't any listed...but when I test the...
  4. I am trying to connect to minecraft pocket edition and the IOS xbox app but i keep getting...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am trying to connect to minecraft pocket edition and the IOS xbox app but i keep getting...: This is the message. Translated to english it says "We are sorry, an error has occured. Try again in xbox.com but still doesnt work [img] f9a52549-6e90-42d5-a0c0-2de5866d02f5
  5. The power supply turns off immediately after connected to the console (XBOX ONE 1540)

in XBoX on Consoles
    The power supply turns off immediately after connected to the console (XBOX ONE 1540): Hi to all, i have an XBOX ONE model 1540. When i connect the power supply to the console, the power supply turns off immediately. I tried the same power supply to other XBOX ONE 1540 and it works....
  6. Xbox One X - Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos Video Dropping when connected to ARC input on TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos Video Dropping when connected to ARC input on TV: I have my Xbox connected to my sound bar which supports Dolby Atmos, then I have my sound bar plugged into my TV's HDMI ARC input. When I enable the HDR setting on my TV for the input that the...
  7. XBox 360 is having and unusual amount of connection "problems"!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 is having and unusual amount of connection "problems"!: Every device in this house connects just fine to the net.. including the XB ONE, Yet the XB360, keeps regurgitating that 1997 message that its a problem on "our" end of the connection... Given...
  8. Real unusual problem connecting to my friend Please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Real unusual problem connecting to my friend Please help.: Hello my name is Jeffery For about 2 months i have been having an unusual connection issue (Equipment specifications below) on my xbox one. The issue is i cannot play games with only one of my...
  9. Cannot connect to Xbox Live - very unusual issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live - very unusual issue.: Hi there. I couldn't find anything on the forums or on Google that matches my issue, so I'm posting here in the hope that someone may be able to help me. Set up is Xbox 360 (original, not...
  10. An unusual connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    An unusual connection issue: OK I am trying to suss out the most likely culprit in a weird connection issue I am having with my Xbox One. When I start up the Xbox, I will have issues connecting to Live. I know its just that...