: Xbox Connectivity Issues W/ Port Selection and NAT

Discus and support : Xbox Connectivity Issues W/ Port Selection and NAT in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox Connectivity Issues W/ Port Selection and NAT Hello everyone, So I just brought my Xbox One from home to my dormroom in Philly and I have been... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by papasethjawn, Feb 7, 2019.

1. papasethjawn
    papasethjawn Guest

:)

papasethjawn, Feb 7, 2019
  2. XBF Nestor S Win User

Xbox Connectivity Issues W/ Port Selection and NAT

Hey SJD thanks for taking the time to bring this issue to us.

We suggest checking out our I need help with my Xbox One network connection page and work with the schools IT department since they do have
    access to "white list" the console onto their network. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes!
  3. BellaForgacs Win User

Hello everyone,

So I just brought my Xbox One from home to my dormroom in Philly and I have been trying to access Red Dead Online, but have been having persistent problems connecting to the servers. I checked my NAT type and it says that it is "strict," and that I should
    adjust my router settings, but I'm in a dormroom and have no access to a router! I also am using IPv4 instead of IPv6, but I have no idea how to change or upgrade to the better version. I am in desperate need of some answer as to whether or not there is anything
    I can do about this problem or if I'm beat, but any answer at all would be helpful.

Thank you

SJD
  4. papasethjawn Win User

Xbox Connectivity Issues W/ Port Selection and NAT

EDIT: It is also saying that my "UPnP is not successful," and I have no idea what that means or how to fix it :,(
  5. TheSylntChamber Win User

Two Xbox's on one router?

Yes you will. You will run into NAT issues. The problem is there is a set of ports that have to be open. If you just place the ports open then whatever Xbox connects to Live first will have an open NAT while the other will have a moderate or strict NAT.
    There is NO way around this as only one device can use the ports at one time. You can assign the ports open for one Xbox or QoS, but you will run into the same issue where one will have to "sacrifice". This will cause some connection issues with other people
    who have moderate - strict NAT, thus limiting your games/parties available to connect to.
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

Game chat freezes game and kicks me

Hello again,

A simple way of getting an open NAT type while on Hotspot? Well there is a feature in the Network Advanced settings called "Alternate Port selection". I have never attempted to use it with a hotspot, but it should work in theory.

Just connect to the network and go into "Advanced settings" in your network settings. Select alternate port selection and then select manual. After that select a port number to test out.

This is all trial and error. You select a port and then test your NAT type afterwards. If it remains strict or moderate, you go and select a difcferent port.

Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. : Xbox Connectivity Issues W/ Port Selection and NAT - Similar Threads - Connectivity Issues Port

2. GTA connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    GTA connection issues: Does anyone else seem to be having an issue with GTA V online? I am using my Xbox at my boyfriends house, and he can get onto GTA perfectly fine. However, when intry to get on, it kicks me after...
  3. Trials Fusion Multiplayer connectivity issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trials Fusion Multiplayer connectivity issues: Help....I can't get multiplayer working and I have done all I can find out to fix and nothing is working. Who can I contact that will solve this issue? I have spent over 30 hours working to fix...
  4. NAT is open yet I could not connect to party chat due to "Network setting issues"

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT is open yet I could not connect to party chat due to "Network setting issues": I haven't had any issues in the past and my router settings have not changed. I always get open NAT showing in the xbox network settings i've tried different ports as well. Running out of...
  5. Connection issue?/ Xbox Live service issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection issue?/ Xbox Live service issue.: Split from this thread. 2nd black wednesday night... no way to connect on Xbox live though my connection to Internet is perfect. Trying to check if Xbox live services fail : the xbox support...
  6. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Xbox one x connection issues

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Xbox one x connection issues: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Xbox one x connection issues I have been having issues where once in a while my xbox one x wont connect to xbox live and it is hard wired. I...
  7. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Network Connection Issue VERY Strange

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Network Connection Issue VERY Strange: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Network Connection Issue VERY Strange i have the same issue and party chat is messed up for me i have an open nat and everything else on the...
  8. Opening TCP or UDP ports for connection issues. How To!! Here!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Opening TCP or UDP ports for connection issues. How To!! Here!!: If you're having problems with your connection to a game, you may need to open (forward) some ports. OPENING TCP OR UDP PORTS FOR CONNECTION ISSUES PC UDP: 443 TCP: 80, 443, 8080 Xbox One...
  9. Having Connection Issues? Check Here For Additional Ports to Forward!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having Connection Issues? Check Here For Additional Ports to Forward!: Hi folks! Many users have reported issues with connectivity in Destiny, even though their Xbox's network test shows an Open NAT. One possible cause for this is that Activision games use a separate...
  10. Can not connect to Live but no internet issues. Do not want to port forward if I do not have ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can not connect to Live but no internet issues. Do not want to port forward if I do not have ...: What Country/State/Province do you live in? Arizona, United States Modem brand & model number: Ubee Model DVW326B Router brand & model number: Same as above, all in one How many consoles do...