Xbox connects to Hotspot but doesn't work

Discus and support Xbox connects to Hotspot but doesn't work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Currently my internet doesn't work ATM and I decided I wanted to get online and play. When I went to the network settings to connect it to my Hotspot... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gent_, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Gent_
    Gent_ Guest

Currently my internet doesn't work ATM and I decided I wanted to get online and play. When I went to the network settings to connect it to my Hotspot it connected to it but it doesn't work. I haven't been on it in a while so I don't know why it's doing this. It says "can't connect to the internet"
    Xbox connects to Hotspot but doesn't work [​IMG]

Xbox connects to Hotspot but doesn't work [​IMG]
    when the nat type finished loading it said "unavailable"

:)

Gent_, Nov 25, 2021
  2. SamQY Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Clean your console's MAC and restart your hotspot.

To clean the MAC follow this path

Settings>general>network settings>advanced settings>alternative MAC address and click clear and restart the console when prompted.

If the problem persists It may be some ports on your connection that are being limited or blocked by your ISP.

You will need to speak with your ISP to see if they can forward ports for your connection. The ports the Xbox network needs are these.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)
  3. Gent_ Win User

I'm alright,and you?

I see. Ill have to speak with my isp. Thank you for the response. I hope you have a great day.
  4. SamQY Win User

I'm fine, thanks for asking. I also wish you a great day. Take care!
  5. ArminatorX Win User

OneCast app

It might work if your phone can access devices connected to it when it's set up as a hotspot.

However, if the Hotspot is only designed to directly route WiFi traffic from connected devices to it's cellphone modem, then it won't work.

So it's worth a try: Enable the WiFi hotspot function on your phone. Connect your console to the Hotspot.

Launch the OneCast App, and see if it finds the connected Xbox.

If it doesn't, then you really need to unpack your router.
  6. Ryxer Win User

iphone wireless hotspot not working with Xbox one

I hear you buddy. I use my iPhone hotspot a lot with my Xbox360 and work very good. Sometimes the connection is better than home. I got an Xbox One today and couldn't connect with my iPhone hotspot. Don't know what the problem is. I couldn't find answers
    either. I don't understand either why Xbox answered you with a link that doesn't even answer a bit of our problem.

I found a way around though. They explain how to connect through your pc or mac and that's what I did. I connected my mac with my iPhone hotspot and now everything works fine. Though it is more work than before to connect.
Thema:

1. Xbox connects to Hotspot but doesn't work - Similar Threads - connects Hotspot doesn't

2. Xbox hotspot connection

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox hotspot connection: Xbox hotspot connection So I bought a mobile hotspot from Verizon so that I could play online at home because the only internet available is satellite. And it worked great for about a week or two...
  3. My mobile hotspot won't connect with my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mobile hotspot won't connect with my Xbox one: I have a galaxy s21 I have been trying for the longest to connect to my Xbox but for some reason it's not connecting at all this is the first time I connect it 2216e447-255d-42aa-aaf6-2ec84f1798f2
  4. Xbox Series X hotspot connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X hotspot connection: I just bought my Xbox series X and have experienced my hotspot disconnected randomly when it has 100% strong connection. Using my hotspot is the only way I can game because of where I live. Is...
  5. X box series X/S connected with phone hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series X/S connected with phone hotspot: Hi everybody, I want to know if there's somebody who connect a new x box series x or s to internet with phone hotspot, on internet there are a lot of old threads talking about issues, all i want...
  6. How to connect my xbox one s to my android mobile hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect my xbox one s to my android mobile hotspot: Hello, first off I appreciate anyone taking the time to help me out! We lost internet due storms and are currently waiting for the repairmen to come out. In the meantime is there anyway I can...
  7. Xbox one won’t connect to iPhone hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won’t connect to iPhone hotspot: I found alot of people having the same issue but there were no real amswers how to solve the issue. On your xbox first, go to settings - general - network settings - advanced settings - alternate...
  8. Series X Won't Connect to WiFi/Hotspots

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Won't Connect to WiFi/Hotspots: I've tried multiple hot spots and different wifi's and my series X will either not connect at all or connect then not allow me to connect to Xbox Live. My original Xbox One has no problems...
  9. Xbox Series X Takes 45 Seconds to 1:10 to Connect to Mobile Hotspot

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Takes 45 Seconds to 1:10 to Connect to Mobile Hotspot: I timed it several times. It takes 45 seconds to connect to the hotspot and 1:10 to reflect said connection on the Xbox series X home screen. It also crippled my download speed to the point where...
  10. Xbox Series X not connecting properly to Boost Mobile Hotspot

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox Series X not connecting properly to Boost Mobile Hotspot: Xbox Series X not connecting properly to Boost Mobile Hotspot My Xbox Series X isnt connecting to my boost mobile portable hotspot. It keeps kicking me offline and telling me i have a double nat....