Xbox Console and Remotes

Discus and support Xbox Console and Remotes in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My xbox one s will not connect to any remote I own. I have even tried a friend's remote and that won't connect either. I have already redownloaded... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by R3alWolf, Jan 21, 2018.

1. R3alWolf
    R3alWolf Guest

Xbox Console and Remotes

My xbox one s will not connect to any remote I own. I have even tried a friend's remote and that won't connect either. I have already redownloaded software, hard rebooted, and batteries are fully charged. There are no remotes currently connected and the
    connection wired cuts out randomly.

:)

R3alWolf, Jan 21, 2018
  2. Original Xbox 360 Console (white) will not work with Universal Remote from far away

Hello,

I have a white Original Xbox 360 Console that works fine with my Xbox 360 wireless controller. I recently purchased an Xbox 360 E Console. The 360 E console does works with the Xbox 360 wireless controller, my Dish 20.1 IR universal remote, and my RCA RCR314WR
    universal Remote.

My original Xbox 360 console does not work with the Dish remote and RCA remote, listed above, except for 1 case. The Dish remote and RCA remote Do work with original Xbox 360 console only when the remote is position within about 3 inches of (and directly
    in front of) the black sensor (I assume it is the sensor) on the front of the original Xbox 360 console. If I move the remote more than 3 inches away from the console sensor, or I move the remote up, down, left, or right, the remote does not work.

When I say the remotes work with the console, I mean that I can power the Xbox console on and off, as well as switch between screens using the remotes.

Codes I have programmed into my remotes: Dish - 576; RCA - 32083

I tried placing the original console next to the 360 E console (unplugged the 360 E console) to see if it was the room and I got the same results.

Has anyone heard of this issue before with the original Xbox 360 console and universal remotes?

joshpretzel6462, Jan 21, 2018
  3. NickEddie
    NickEddie Guest
    Xbox console and remotes maulfuntion

my xbox keeps going back and forth to the dashboard disconnecting and reconnecting to the internet and syncing and unsyncing the conrollers I unplug for a minute ive turn off and on went to report problem but then it go back to dashboard ive also removed
    my internet and put it back on again and still having the problem someone please help me I love Microsoft have my tablet laptop and phone Microsoft also my xbxo 360 and xbox one and now im having a problem that cannot fix

NickEddie, Jan 21, 2018
  4. Firsmarin Win User

How to use Xbox 360 Media Remote

Go to System Settings.

Then Console Settings.

Choose Remote Control -> If your remote dont work with "xbox media" then choose "both remotes"
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Can the Xbox One control Android TV? (using IR)

Hi Fredrik,

Doubt the remote will work with the Xbox as they have a remote for the console itself. Unable to locate any information with what other remotes will work.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. gds1972 Win User

Official Xbox one media remote being assigned to one console?

Hi

I have not seen an option in the menus on the console that allows you to disable the Xbox One media remote. As the remote uses

IR technology
    to control your console you could try repositioning one of the consoles to see if this stops it from being controlled by the remote.

It may also be worth posting this on the
    Xbox Ideas website
    to try to get this feature added to the console.
  7. StoneyKing Oj Win User

Xbox Media Remote Trouble

go to console settings and check to see which media remote you have selected as that might be the problem

Xbox Media Remote(new) walkthrough
  8. RhandzGrayerLTD Win User

Xbox 360 media remote (new)

It's because there's no sync button on the new remote, you just have to enable it in the settings. Try doing these steps:

Turn on the XBOX 360 Slim.

Go To MY XBOX

Go To SYSTEM SETTINGS (very last tile)

Go To CONSOLE SETTINGS

Go To CONTROLLER SETTINGS

Click BOTH REMOTES: Enable SELECT BOTH REMOTES TO ENABLE THE XBOX 360 MEDIA REMOTE AND THE WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER REMOTE.

It should work. :)
Thema:

Xbox Console and Remotes

1. Xbox Console and Remotes - Similar Threads - Console Remotes

2. Console remote play

in XboX Insiders
    Console remote play: Any one knows when this month they are going to enable console remote play? submitted by /u/Revenator1987 [link] [comments]
  3. Remotely remove my account. From a friend's console when i no longer have access /How to

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remotely remove my account. From a friend's console when i no longer have access /How to: I can see my account still linked to another console aa29129d-6518-450d-8f99-b15eaf7c2f63
  4. Xbox Live on remote console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live on remote console: Hi, I have Xbox Live Gold on my Xbox and my son has a profile on it as well (it is his home Xbox). When he goes to his mom's and signs into her Xbox with his profile, would he still be able to...
  5. Console Companion Remote to Xbox at Home from Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console Companion Remote to Xbox at Home from Work: I used to be able to connect to my home xbox at work. Now I cannot with the new app coming out. Anyone else having this problem? The app connects to my xbox fine at home but not from work....
  6. My satellite tv remote keeps turning on my Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    My satellite tv remote keeps turning on my Xbox one console: My satellite tv console/recorder (in Australia called Foxtel) uses a bluetooth remote control. When I use that remote it turns on the xbox one console as well. They are situated side by side under...
  7. With latest October 2018 update on Xbox console, remote debugging using Visual studio is ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    With latest October 2018 update on Xbox console, remote debugging using Visual studio is ...: Remote Debugging on Xbox One Console is failing with below error. Error DEP6957 : Failed to connect to device '192.168.1.2' using Universal Authentication. Please verify the correct remote...
  8. Media remote turning off TV at same time as Console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media remote turning off TV at same time as Console: Hi I have connected my TV (LG TV model- 28LF49U) with my Xbox One S so I can control the volume of the TV when the xbox is on using a xbox media remote using the following procedure: Xbox...
  9. Official Xbox one media remote being assigned to one console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Official Xbox one media remote being assigned to one console?: Hi, My girlfriend and I have our TVs and Xbox’s right next to each other so we can both game on the same couch. We watch plex and Netflix on my xbox since it’s hooked up to the better TV but it’s...
  10. Official Xbox one media remote being assigned to one console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Official Xbox one media remote being assigned to one console?: Hi, My girlfriend and I have our TVs and Xbox’s right next to each other so we can both game on the same couch. We watch plex and Netflix on my xbox since it’s hooked up to the better TV but it’s...