XBOX Console Companion App for Windows 10 is starting full screen at boot, and I cannot get...

Discus and support XBOX Console Companion App for Windows 10 is starting full screen at boot, and I cannot get... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; How do you disable Xbox Console companion app from launching at startup? There are no options for this in the Windows 10 settings, in the app settings,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by PowerNapper13, May 18, 2020.

1. XBOX Console Companion App for Windows 10 is starting full screen at boot, and I cannot get...

How do you disable Xbox Console companion app from launching at startup? There are no options for this in the Windows 10 settings, in the app settings, or in the task manager start up tab. This is ridiculous that when I have this app installed, and even
    though I seldom actually use it, it is so obnoxious and obtrusive to my daily use of my computer.

I have searched the web and cannot find any articles about disabling this app on startup without totally uninstalling or disabling all Xbox related features in settings deep in windows 10. Just give us an option to have this app installed without it loading
    every time I start my computer. Goodness, Microsoft, you should have this figured out by now. Just because it is your app doesn't mean that basic user control should be left out.

:)

PowerNapper13, May 18, 2020
  2. iBakez Win User

Real windows 10 os on Xbox(is it possible?)

no, you cannot dual boot on the xbox one.

you will get the xbox version of windows 10, and you will not be able to boot to a separate partition to launch a full blown windows 10 OS.

Hope this helps
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

using my HP laptop as a tv

You need to stream your console to your laptop (Has to have Windows 10) with The Xbox Console Companion app. Start the Xbox One, then start the Console companion app, then select the connect icon on the left side of the app, and your console should show,
    just select it, and select stream, that will then stream your console to your laptop.
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

messaging

Hello AJ,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are unable to message your friends through the Xbox App on your Windows 10 computer. Are you using the Xbox Console Companion App or the Xbox (beta) App? We recommend making sure that

Windows 10 is up to date
    . Also, you can try performing
    a clean boot
    . A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs,
    so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Be sure to let us know the results!
  5. RandyAU93 Win User

Xbox

I have a feeling now that you're using Windows 10, and a number of key functional apps cannot be removed, even if you don't use them. This includes the Xbox app (now known as the Xbox Console Companion).
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox PC app error, please help

Hello SusanBrouillette,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that the Xbox Companion App is not allowing you to sign in and utilize it. We suggest making sure that

Windows 10 is up to date
    . Also, you can try performing
    a clean boot
    . This will start your computer up with a minimal amount of programs to make sure there isn't another program that is interfering with the Xbox Companion App. Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

XBOX Console Companion App for Windows 10 is starting full screen at boot, and I cannot get...

1. XBOX Console Companion App for Windows 10 is starting full screen at boot, and I cannot get... - Similar Threads - Console Companion App

2. Xbox Game Streaming (Xbox Console Companion AND Xbox Beta App on Google Play) problems

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Streaming (Xbox Console Companion AND Xbox Beta App on Google Play) problems: Anyone know how to fix it whenever I did console streaming on my Xbox Console Companion app on my PC, but then today the console streaming services cannot connect to my console? I also just got...
  3. Error (0x409) 0x80080005 in Xbox console companion & xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Error (0x409) 0x80080005 in Xbox console companion & xbox app: my xbox console companion just loading for a long time and then it say " (0x409) 0x80080005 " i've already tried some tutorial at youtube, reddit, another forum, none of them work its already 3...
  4. Xbox App replaces the Xbox Console Companion. Now many features are forever gone.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App replaces the Xbox Console Companion. Now many features are forever gone.: The new Xbox App no longer allows me to access groups or anything from games that are not part of the Xbox Game Pass. I also can no longer download clips anymore. Everything is gone now....
  5. Why are you killing the Xbox Console Companion app on PC before you have a decent replacement?

in XboX Insiders
    Why are you killing the Xbox Console Companion app on PC before you have a decent replacement?: I got an update to the Console Companion app yesterday and all it did is kill the messaging feature of the app, on purpose, to try and get me to use the new Xbox app, which is somehow, even worse...
  6. Xbox console companion app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox console companion app: Does any know why xbox removed the ability to upload custom clips from the companion app and if it will be returning d4eb7cf1-a7bc-4612-96a6-1ef803da0f44
  7. Streaming to PC via Console Companion App cuts my internet out

in XBoX on Windows
    Streaming to PC via Console Companion App cuts my internet out: I was installing a game from GP last night and noticed my download speed was only 1.4mps, whilst streaming to PC via the Companion App. As soon as I ended the Stream feature, my download speed...
  8. SOLUTION : Not connecting PC to Xbox using the “XBOX console companion” app

in XBoX on Consoles
    SOLUTION : Not connecting PC to Xbox using the “XBOX console companion” app: For anybody having a hard time connecting their PC to their Xbox using the “XBOX console companion” app this story might help. Amazing experience for me yesterday:) I bought and built a new...
  9. Xbox Console Companion App for Windows 10 does not maintain settings.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion App for Windows 10 does not maintain settings.: Every single time I open the app, I have to click off the Clubs and Feed notifications options. Every single time I open the app again, those settings have turned themselves back on. It is super...
  10. console companion app

in XBoX on Windows
    console companion app: do you need the ultimate game pass to have all your games and also does this app let you basicly run all the xbox stuff just on a pc so you have a better gpu, cpu, RAM, and FPS?...