Xbox Console Companion App party chat not working

Discus and support Xbox Console Companion App party chat not working in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I could talk to my friends with no issue until about three days ago, now when I join a party I can't hear them and they can't hear me even though I can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by XxBOTF ReaperxX, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Xbox Console Companion App party chat not working

I could talk to my friends with no issue until about three days ago, now when I join a party I can't hear them and they can't hear me even though I can see that I'm talking. Sometimes when I join the party I can hear them and they can hear me for about
    five seconds then it cuts out and we can't hear each other. I was hoping this issue would resolve itself but after waiting a couple of days waiting for this to fix nothing has changed.

:)

XxBOTF ReaperxX, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Viper7Gamer Win User

Xbox Beta App Mic problems

Try using the Xbox Console Companion App instead. You can use it in Windows and on your phone. It works great on your phone as a hands free party chat.
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

Xbox Console Companion App on PC and game bar on PC

The Console Companion App does have a chat function so you can invite friends to your party
  4. i R Mr PuPPy v2 Win User

The only 3 solutions i know to give you are 1. Check the store for updates, 2. try using the companion app on different devices and connections or 3. Troubleshoot
    audio in parties and issues with multiplayer games on Windows 10

If you're unable to resolve the issue, leave feedback using the "Still having problems? Send us some feedback" link under Networking in the Xbox Console Companion app.
  5. ACE RYAN Win User

Why was the Party Chat notification removed from Console Companion App?

Eladio,

Thank you for your reply.

There is no notification option for party chat on my console companion app.

There used to be but it is no longer there.

The version of my Xbox Console Companion App is 48.55.30001.00000

I then went to the Microsoft Store for updates and it says "Good to go" that I have all current updates.

Thank you
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

No In-Game chat while using Xbox Companion App

Hi AustinM2,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Are you streaming to Twitch directly from the Twitch app on the Xbox? Or are you streaming your Xbox One to your PC through the Xbox Console Companion app? Are you using party chat on the Xbox, or a party through the Xbox Companion app?

What you are describing is by design using the Xbox Live party chats because the servers for the chat are separate from the in-game chat servers. Xbox Live parties effectively mute in-game chat, and mute yourself from in-game chat as well because as I mentioned
    previously, party chats and in-game chats run on different servers. Xbox Live parties are more private channels for chatting with friends, so the muting aspect is by design. I believe this is why many Twitch streamers use Discord since you can hear both the
    Discord chat and in-game chat at the same time.
Thema:

1. Xbox Console Companion App party chat not working - Similar Threads - Console Companion App

2. Xbox Console Companion & Xbox App never seem to work properly.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion & Xbox App never seem to work properly.: I'm on PC. Most of my friends have an Xbox One of some kind. When i want to join their party, it's mostly ok, apart from when one particular person wants me to join them, and that happens to be...
  3. Xbox Console Companion App No Longer Retains Settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion App No Longer Retains Settings: I recently updated my Xbox Console Companion app for Windows 10 (version 48.58.11001.00000). Update was fine and app works fine in terms of functionality. However, now when I open the app it no...
  4. Xbox Console Companion App on PC and game bar on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion App on PC and game bar on PC: I'm considering selling my xbox one because I primarily play on pc now ever since Microsoft started releasing their exclusives on pc. I'm just wondering if I can still use these apps to talk to my...
  5. Xbox Console Companion app suggestions

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Console Companion app suggestions: Been using the app on my gaming PC. I have a few quick suggestions for it. It could use a lot of work honestly. And I don't think they should have multiple apps. I think the Gamepass app should be...
  6. Can't sign into Xbox (beta) or Xbox Console Companion apps on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't sign into Xbox (beta) or Xbox Console Companion apps on Windows 10: I've been trying to get the Xbox (beta) app to work on my PC for months. Here's what happens. When I try to sign in, it goes through all of the sign-in steps, reloads the page, and then...I'm not...
  7. Separating game audio and party audio in the Xbox Console Companion app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Separating game audio and party audio in the Xbox Console Companion app: So this requires a little context, basically I've been experimenting on ways to record higher quality gameplay with some friends without using an external device (besides my PC). Originally my...
  8. Xbox Console Companion App not downloading on laptop.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Console Companion App not downloading on laptop.: Hi! I'm having trouble downloading the xbox console companion app onto my chromebook laptop. When I click install it says that I need to be logged into my microsoft account on my device, which I...
  9. Signing in to the Xbox console companion app on my computer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Signing in to the Xbox console companion app on my computer.: My computer is windows 10 and is connected to the same network as my console. I do have a main computer that my xbox/Microsoft account is logged into but my laptop (the one I need help with) is...
  10. Getting my xbox to connect to the console companion app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Getting my xbox to connect to the console companion app.: My xbox is on the same internet connection as my phone and my pc but it cannot connect to the xbox app on either devices. Its even on the same subnetwork but it doesn't come up, what do I do to...