Xbox Console Companion app suggestions

Discus and support Xbox Console Companion app suggestions in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Been using the app on my gaming PC. I have a few quick suggestions for it. It could use a lot of work honestly. And I don't think they should have... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/jamescholden, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Xbox Console Companion app suggestions

Been using the app on my gaming PC. I have a few quick suggestions for it. It could use a lot of work honestly. And I don't think they should have multiple apps. I think the Gamepass app should be its own section in the Xbox Console Companion app. And the app renamed just Xbox Companion app or Xbox app.

• Allow games to be rated and reviewed in the app. Without having to launch the Windows Store app or website.
    • Remove duplicate listings. For example when you search for a game like Master Chief Collection. It brings up tons of duplicate listings of the same thing. It needs to be organized better.
    • Allow games to be bought in the app without having to launch the Windows Store app or website.
    • Official Clubs for games should have a special section in the Clubs tab. Also add a "tag" for official clubs for easier searching.
    • Add a "Patch Notes" or "Update Notes" section to game pages in the Console Companion app, Windows Store page for games, and on the game page on the Xbox console itself. The PS4 has had a patch notes section for a while now. Maybe since day one.
    • Allow OG Xbox and Xbox 360 games to be added to the Wishlist. Currently they can't be.
    • The "back" button in the top left corner of the app should actually go back to the last thing you were looking at. The last page that you were on. Not to the home screen/page. We have a "Home" button for that. Back should go back.
    • The "My games" section should show the games that you own. Just like it does on the Xbox console itself when you go to your Library. Currently it just shows computer games it detects on your computer. It's really weird that this doesn't show that Xbox games you own.
    • Integrate third party chat into the "Messages" section on the right side of the app. I believe Gamebar has done this already.
    submitted by /u/jamescholden
    [link] [comments]

/u/jamescholden, Oct 28, 2019
  2. BaiIeyG Win User

Need help on destiny 2 thorn strike

Hi,

If you’re looking for new players to game with I would suggest doing it on LFG App on the Xbox Console itself or using the Destny companion App.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox (Beta) Windows 10 App

The APP was updated and is simply called the Console Companion. The Beta APP and the console companion are pretty much identical at the moment so I think you only need the console companion which is the newest version. I have the beta app which updated
    and is now simply called Xbox (beta) as I said there is no discernable difference.

Get the Console Companion
  4. KarpBlaze Win User

Xbox app, party

In the Xbox console companion app on my PC, there is no option for voice invites like on my phone, I get the invites through game bar but still nothing through the Xbox console companion app
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

I can't play on pc

Are you able to sign in on the Xbox Console Companion App or the Xbox (Beta) app? The Console Companion app has a section under Settings > Network (in the app) that will let you know the network status and if there are any issues connecting to Xbox Live.
    Can you let us know what it says in there?
  6. napalm 31337 Win User

Xbox app can’t view or send messages

The not working app is the "Companion console Xbox" ?
Thema:

Xbox Console Companion app suggestions

1. Xbox Console Companion app suggestions - Similar Threads - Console Companion app

2. Xbox Console Companion App on PC and game bar on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion App on PC and game bar on PC: I'm considering selling my xbox one because I primarily play on pc now ever since Microsoft started releasing their exclusives on pc. I'm just wondering if I can still use these apps to talk to my...
  3. Can't sign into Xbox (beta) or Xbox Console Companion apps on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't sign into Xbox (beta) or Xbox Console Companion apps on Windows 10: I've been trying to get the Xbox (beta) app to work on my PC for months. Here's what happens. When I try to sign in, it goes through all of the sign-in steps, reloads the page, and then...I'm not...
  4. Separating game audio and party audio in the Xbox Console Companion app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Separating game audio and party audio in the Xbox Console Companion app: So this requires a little context, basically I've been experimenting on ways to record higher quality gameplay with some friends without using an external device (besides my PC). Originally my...
  5. Xbox Console Companion App not downloading on laptop.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Console Companion App not downloading on laptop.: Hi! I'm having trouble downloading the xbox console companion app onto my chromebook laptop. When I click install it says that I need to be logged into my microsoft account on my device, which I...
  6. Signing in to the Xbox console companion app on my computer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Signing in to the Xbox console companion app on my computer.: My computer is windows 10 and is connected to the same network as my console. I do have a main computer that my xbox/Microsoft account is logged into but my laptop (the one I need help with) is...
  7. Getting my xbox to connect to the console companion app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Getting my xbox to connect to the console companion app.: My xbox is on the same internet connection as my phone and my pc but it cannot connect to the xbox app on either devices. Its even on the same subnetwork but it doesn't come up, what do I do to...
  8. Windows 10 Xbox Console Companion app upload dates wrong!

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Xbox Console Companion app upload dates wrong!: hi there all, recently I have been uploading clips with the companion app (which is nice and simple rather the long lengthy process of uploading to youtube) but I have come across an issue with...
  9. Unable to sign in to the Xbox Beta or Console companion apps. Errors while downloading from...

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to sign in to the Xbox Beta or Console companion apps. Errors while downloading from...: The error code i receive is "0x80048888". But when I click it to get a solution, the site says that the code doesn't exist. As stated in the subject line, I'm unable to sign in to those apps, but...
  10. Why was the Party Chat notification removed from Console Companion App?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why was the Party Chat notification removed from Console Companion App?: Title. I do not like using the Xbox Game bar. I get every notification Xbox related on the Console Companion App except party invites. I either have to join a joinable party or create one. I do...