Xbox Console Companion crashing on launch

Discus and support Xbox Console Companion crashing on launch in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi there, This issue just started today. It seems to happen because of the pop up window trying to tell me something as I tried opening it again and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Owen O'Donnell, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Xbox Console Companion crashing on launch

Hi there,

This issue just started today. It seems to happen because of the pop up window trying to tell me something as I tried opening it again and again and on the 10th attempt or so, I was able to right click the desk top tool bar menu item and choose "messages"
    forcing me to another window to bypass it. But if I close the app and restart the same thing happens again unless I can catch it really fast (which isn't often, I've sat 20 times last time to try and get it to open)

I have checked event log and it is saying:

Faulting application name: XboxApp.exe, version: 48.62.2002.6002, time stamp: 0x5e3c57a4

Faulting module name: Windows.Networking.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0xce1368ac

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000023987

Faulting process ID: 0x2194

Faulting application start time: 0x01d60a8cc31a091e

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.XboxApp_48.62.6002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\XboxApp.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\Windows.Networking.dll

Report ID: db092949-f148-4b66-ac8e-0338a54a8ef4

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.XboxApp_48.62.6002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: Microsoft.XboxApp

:)

Owen O'Donnell, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Owen O'Donnell Win User

still happening

tried clean boot, disabling all non Microsoft services and issue persists

intel i9 9900k

32gb corsair 3200 ddr vengeance

Aorus Z390 Master Motherboard

Aorus Xtreme Waterforce 2080Ti

Samsung Evo 970 NVMe x2

System has been run through stress tests and no issues, is there any fix I can look at here??

the only way around it currently is to right click the app on the taskbar and choose something like achievements which seems to bypass the issue but that is really annoying. I've tried reinstalling several times
  3. Owen O'Donnell Win User

It's also worth noting:

I've tried rebooting, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times

I've tried uninstalling via administrator powershell and reinstalling, I've also tried the beta version and the problem persists
  4. IceMelonGirl Win User

Ilomilo+ login not possible

Hello ,

Thanks for coming to the forums. When you launch the game, where are you launching it from? The Xbox companion, dashboard, game pass for PC app? Try the Xbox companion to launch the game. Also try updating the address on your account. Make sure your account
    is an Xbox account, that it has a gamer tag.

Thanks,

Brad
    Hi Brad,

I firstly opened the game from the Xbox console-companion. I tried to install the Xbox companion App but sadly my Laptop is not compatible with the Xbox(Beta)-Installer.

Thanks,

5. TheKappa Win User

Halo Reach wont launch

Hey I was having the same issue as you. This might help...

Instead of launching it via Xbox (beta) launch it from Xbox Console Companion. Go to My Games (the icon below the house) click on Halo: The Master Chief collection. It will tell you to install Reach. Click install. Then go back and relaunch it from the Xbox
    Console Companion app.

Hope it helps!
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

when i join party on game bar it crashs

Do the Xbox Beta or the Xbox Console Companion apps crash if you try to use those to join/start parties as well, or is it purely contained to Xbox Game Bar?
Thema:

1. Xbox Console Companion crashing on launch - Similar Threads - Console Companion crashing

2. No matter what i do, I can't seem to get the Xbox Companion Console apps (or its adjactent...

in XBoX on Windows
    No matter what i do, I can't seem to get the Xbox Companion Console apps (or its adjactent...: I recently got minecraft (bc of corona) and wanted to add a friend of mine, but the app for the companion console thing would just pop up for somewhere between less than a second to MAYBE 10...
  3. Using a microphone on my PC when streaming Xbox Console with Console Companion

in XBoX on Windows
    Using a microphone on my PC when streaming Xbox Console with Console Companion: Greetings, I get speaker audio through my PC without any issue. However, the only way I can get a mic to work is still through the controller adapter. Is there a way to use a mic plugged into my...
  4. Can not upload a new pic in console companion

in XBoX on Windows
    Can not upload a new pic in console companion: Can not upload a new pic in console companion while trying to update my avatar. 3bd61d7a-5b7d-4f1d-9549-be543f7f1a21
  5. xbox console companion issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox console companion issues: hello, my console companion on my pc refuses to load in. it just stays on the green screen with the little loading circle. I am wondering if there's anyway to fix this? I have tried uninstalling...
  6. Console Companion Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Console Companion Issues: The console companion app is closing right after launching. I've tried manually starting services, reinstalling it, rebooting, everything I can think of aside from making a new user and...
  7. Xbox game streaming crashes on connecting (Xbox console companion)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game streaming crashes on connecting (Xbox console companion): im trying to connect to my xbox and when i hit the stream button it connects and when it tries to display the screen the whole app just crashes and i need help fixing this no i dont use an amd...
  8. Xbox Console Companion app keeps crashing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Console Companion app keeps crashing: Hey everyone, every time i open the xbox console companion app on windows 10, it crashes after about 3 seconds every time. ive tried reinstalling the app, updating it and resetting the app to...
  9. Xbox Console Companion App Crashes On Startup (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion App Crashes On Startup (PC): Whenever I go to startup the Xbox Console Companion App it opens up a window with the green background and white console icon but then crashes after about 5 seconds, Its been like this for a very...
  10. Xbox console companion app keeps crashing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox console companion app keeps crashing: Every time i open the app it crashes after about 10-20 seconds 743f6756-88b3-4c29-8bcd-207d013cb923