xbox console companion- how to stop console companion from displaying what i'm doing

Discus and support xbox console companion- how to stop console companion from displaying what i'm doing in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Ok, so I'm having an issue with blocking the xbox console companion from displaying my status to all my friends. Whenever I play a game it tells... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by mwev, Apr 7, 2020.

1. mwev
    mwev Guest

xbox console companion- how to stop console companion from displaying what i'm doing

Ok, so I'm having an issue with blocking the xbox console companion from displaying my status to all my friends. Whenever I play a game it tells everyone that I'm friends with what I was playing and when. This is incredibly annoying because all my family
    members keep bugging me about how late I stay up gaming.

I've spent ages trying to figure out how to turn this off. Is there any way to do this?! I can't even find a page on here for Xbox Console Companion privacy settings.

So please someone help or I'm going to go crazy XD

:)

mwev, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

You can change your online Status on PC via the Game Bar. Press and hold the Windows Key and
    tap G on the keyboard.

Or with an Xbox controller attached to the PC, access the Game Bar by pressing the
    Xbox button.

Depending on how the Game Bar is set up on the PC a number of Windows will be displayed. Showing as Online or Offline is available in the Xbox Social window. To configure the game bar to your liking, press the Overlay Menu, next
    to the time. This will allow you to change what Windows of the Game Bar are displayed.

Full information including a tutorial video can be found here: Customize Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10
  3. IRB Win User

In addition to the above excellent info.

If you install the Xbox (Beta) app, you can also control your Online/Offline status from that. It will leave the app running in the background and you can click on the Xbox Logo in the Taskbar (bottom right, where the clock is) and you can change your Presence
    status from there.

This app also lets you interact with over gamers over chat etc
  4. lllWormWoodlll Win User

Uploading clips from xbox one to onedrive

5. HermenegilleDespres Win User

Don't receive notifications on Xbox Console Companion app on Windows 10

My xbox console companion is updated. The last update was this week from Microsoft store. I uninstall the xbox console companion using the procedure mentioned above. It did not work.
  6. tdizzle1194 Win User

Mute on Xbox console companion

How do you use Push to Talk in the xbox console companion app? I don't see an option for this.
Thema:

1. xbox console companion- how to stop console companion from displaying what i'm doing - Similar Threads - console companion stop

2. xbox console companion issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox console companion issues: hello, my console companion on my pc refuses to load in. it just stays on the green screen with the little loading circle. I am wondering if there's anyway to fix this? I have tried uninstalling...
  3. Console Companion Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Console Companion Issues: The console companion app is closing right after launching. I've tried manually starting services, reinstalling it, rebooting, everything I can think of aside from making a new user and...
  4. Enable Stream Chat on Xbox Console Companion App

in XBoX on Windows
    Enable Stream Chat on Xbox Console Companion App: Hello, How do you enable stream chat on the Xbox Console Companion on PC? On Xbox its easy you just got to the party and click your name. But there's no option for that or setting in the PC app....
  5. Join Xbox friend's game with xbox game bar/ xbox console companion, for games like overwatch

in XBoX on Windows
    Join Xbox friend's game with xbox game bar/ xbox console companion, for games like overwatch: Can I use the xbox one console companion on pc or use the xbox game bar to play with my friend on xbox? dccfaa88-92c2-4bf9-a120-0bc6b78fd25a
  6. I can´t send messages in Xbox Console Companion

in XBoX on Windows
    I can´t send messages in Xbox Console Companion: Help! When i try send a message, three seconds later appear a error saying "The messages are not working for your account" I check my warnings and i don´t have nothing for be blocked of send...
  7. Always appearing offline on Xbox Console Companion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Always appearing offline on Xbox Console Companion: I've got my profile set to appear online, but for some reason none of my friends can see me online. They cannot receive my messages but can receive my invites ironically. I've reset privacy...
  8. Xbox Console Companion Not letting me sign in.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Console Companion Not letting me sign in.: Im trying to log into my account, I select my account. It says to enter your passkey so I enter it and its not working. 8f30dac4-ccb7-438a-ab69-21867f3c9526
  9. XBOX Console Companion App for Windows 10 is starting full screen at boot, and I cannot get...

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Console Companion App for Windows 10 is starting full screen at boot, and I cannot get...: How do you disable Xbox Console companion app from launching at startup? There are no options for this in the Windows 10 settings, in the app settings, or in the task manager start up tab. This is...
  10. Xbox console companion

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox console companion: I constantly show offline in this app. which means no one can join me. I can join them but this isnt always ideal. I have tried a loads of reccomended solutions and none work - tempted to ask for...