Xbox Console Companion Not Using My Microphone

Discus and support Xbox Console Companion Not Using My Microphone in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So, I just built my new PC and I've had it running perfectly for about a week. I realized that I haven't checked up on my friends for a while, so I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DirtyDinotoilet, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Xbox Console Companion Not Using My Microphone

So, I just built my new PC and I've had it running perfectly for about a week. I realized that I haven't checked up on my friends for a while, so I load up the app and join a party and nobody can hear me. I can hear everyone else, even my friend's breathing.
    But for some reason, they can't hear me. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, upping the sample rate for my mic, restarting my PC, changing the input and output drivers, updating the drivers, and using a different mic but I still haven't gotten it to
    work. Discord and other apps work just fine, Xbox App is the only thing on my PC with this problem. If anyone can think of fixes, that would be nice and I'd really appreciate it.

:)

DirtyDinotoilet, Aug 1, 2020
  2. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Using a microphone on my PC when streaming Xbox Console with Console Companion

Hi There,

You need to go to your audio settings in control panel then communication and set which ever mic you want to use as your default device. It is most likely defaulting to your controllers mic instead of the one you want to use.
  3. Odribaoled Win User

Unable To Hear My Friends Within The Game Using My Xbox One Controller.

On the companion app in the settings there is an option to choose which microphone you wish to use, should be right under the activity feed options.
  4. HermenegilleDespres Win User

Don't receive notifications on Xbox Console Companion app on Windows 10

My xbox console companion is updated. The last update was this week from Microsoft store. I uninstall the xbox console companion using the procedure mentioned above. It did not work.
  5. TheRealPay Win User

mic output is quiet and i have to yell for my friends to here me

Could be an issue with your microphone. Check the settings in the Xbox companion app and make sure your volume is turned all the way up.
  6. FIREWOLFOfficia Win User

Local Xbox Party Chat

Hi Whippy!

As all of the other replies have said, this would not be possible unless using a single microphone to pick up both of you at once. However, as previously mentioned, your friend could use the Xbox companion app to speak to the party!
Thema:

Xbox Console Companion Not Using My Microphone

1. Xbox Console Companion Not Using My Microphone - Similar Threads - Console Companion Using

2. Stop advertising the new Xbox app through Console Companion, for 32bit systems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop advertising the new Xbox app through Console Companion, for 32bit systems: Hey Xbox! How about you stop advertising to me that I should download the new Xbox App (ridiculously also providing a link to the store which clearly states the app is for 64bit only) on my 32...
  3. Xbox Console Companion will not stop displaying my game info on their website no matter...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion will not stop displaying my game info on their website no matter...: I have gone into Xbox privacy settings and set everything to Block. I have Set my PC to block all background apps. I do not have the Xbox game bar running (so windows G) will not open up anything...
  4. I cant sign in on xbox console companion app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant sign in on xbox console companion app: when i try to sign into any xbox app erorr code 0x80048888 comes up and when click on it nothing shows up da6930b0-342b-4e0a-a017-56a9f8d1ff17
  5. Aplicación compañero de consola xbox se cierra[Xbox console companion app closes]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Aplicación compañero de consola xbox se cierra[Xbox console companion app closes]: La aplicación para windows 10 de compañero de consola xbox no abre, la inicio - se abre la ventana - se queda cargando un par de segundos y se cierra. Ya trate restableciendola, desinstalandola y...
  6. How do i share a screenshot on xbox console companion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i share a screenshot on xbox console companion: I took a screenshot on a game, and I went to console companion to share it. I pressed upload, and at 97% complete the app closed without uploading the screenshot. How would I prevent this?...
  7. Xbox companion app tells me "To continue, sign in your console using this account" even...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox companion app tells me "To continue, sign in your console using this account" even...: So, for 2 hours now, it keeps saying that, even though I am logged with the same account both on my xbox one and on the companion app. d7c48e00-3115-4cc7-87d2-63b3f0de4948
  8. Using a microphone on my PC when streaming Xbox Console with Console Companion

in XBoX on Windows
    Using a microphone on my PC when streaming Xbox Console with Console Companion: Greetings, I get speaker audio through my PC without any issue. However, the only way I can get a mic to work is still through the controller adapter. Is there a way to use a mic plugged into my...
  9. unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion: I got a new laptop, updated everything then tried to use the xbox app (xbox console companion) to stream from my xbox one S to my laptop. It will let me stream only once after I start up xbox but...
  10. After saving a game capture using the console companion app, the Game category is "Unknown"...

in XBoX on Windows
    After saving a game capture using the console companion app, the Game category is "Unknown"...: I have tried this on both the console companion app and the beta app. I would like to save some captures to upload to forums and reddit, or trim and rename them. I have to download them to my PC...