XBox Console Companion not working (0x409) 0x80080005

Discus and support XBox Console Companion not working (0x409) 0x80080005 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have checked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-not-working-error-0x409-0x80080005/cb2a44cc-2cf4-450b-82c1-79bb0bd722f7, but the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MediocreRoom771, Dec 30, 2019.

1. XBox Console Companion not working (0x409) 0x80080005

I have checked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-not-working-error-0x409-0x80080005/cb2a44cc-2cf4-450b-82c1-79bb0bd722f7, but the associated command did not help.

Xbox Networking shows that Xbox Live services are Up and running. NAT Type is Open. After trying for ~20 minutes, Server connectivity is still just showing the moving dots (with no option to click the "Fix it" button). I have checked my firewall and I believe
    all XBox apps are allowed through the firewall.

My Console Companion version is 48.59.13001.00000, which is a little odd as it is higher than the "current version https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/apps-help/verify-version-xbox-app-on-windows-10

Using the Store to search for updates, I find that all my apps are up to date.

As an aside, it takes ~5 minutes to launch the Microsoft Store App. I am not sure if this is normal behavior.

I am simply trying to play Forza, and I believe I need to launch the console companion app before I can successfully play the game.

:)

MediocreRoom771, Dec 30, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Mediocre,

Thanks for coming to the forums. The game Forza do you own it or playing through game pass? If you own it, you can launch it from the store or create shortcut to launch from desktop. The Xbox beta app is needed if you are playing game from the Xbox game
    pass.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. soueunatan Win User

Unable to Sign into the Xbox Console Companion Error (0x409) 0x80080300

same here, but (0x409) 0x80080005
  4. CarlosAzevedo2 Win User

Jogo não baixa [Translation - Game Not Low]

It's donwnloading now. but at the moment I got an error on the xbox app, I can't login on it i get this error 0x409 xbox 0x80080005 and I can't solve it. Any help to fix?
  5. Bestlano Win User

Xbox Live Auth Manager - 14.14.16008.00000

HI Way, Are you observing the exact same error: "We cant sign you in right now. Try again later.", (0x409) 0x80080005?

Thanks for the feedback,

Best
  6. StephanDumitru Win User

Xbox Not working. Error (0x409) 0x80080005

i could solve the problem:

1. Open Powershell as Administrator

2. Type in

Get-AppxPackage -allusers | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}

3. Restart Pc.

Xbox Works now again.
Thema:

1. XBox Console Companion not working (0x409) 0x80080005 - Similar Threads - Console Companion working

2. PC Console Companion Party Not Working [0x8923103D]

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Console Companion Party Not Working [0x8923103D]: This is the same problem that happened on the 10th of April, I know times aren’t the best right now and the actual sever staff probably aren’t working but come on seriously. Every time I join or...
  3. xbox console companion party chat not working

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox console companion party chat not working: for as long as ive had my pc ive had problems with this app when i join a party or host a party i cant hear anyone and no one can hear me ive tried so hard to fix this problem contacting xbox and...
  4. PC Console Companion Party Not Working [0x8923103D]

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Console Companion Party Not Working [0x8923103D]: Trying to start a party/join a party and I get the same error code every time. I've tried restarting and power cycling but its still giving me the same message. "We cant connect to Xbox Live...
  5. Xbox App and Console Companion ARE NOT WORKING

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App and Console Companion ARE NOT WORKING: This has gotten worse over the last few weeks. But now I cannot see my friend list and get nothing but errors. Constantly seeing this "We can't show your friends right now. Try refreshing the app....
  6. Why wont my xbox parties work on the xbox console companion app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my xbox parties work on the xbox console companion app?: So I joined pc about a month ago, and its been a month, where I've been trying to figure out the problem with my parties. Basically, when I join a party, it shows that everything is connected, it...
  7. Xbox Console Companion Keyboard Works Roughly 5% of the Time

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Console Companion Keyboard Works Roughly 5% of the Time: I use the Xbox Companion App for Windows 10 everyday while I'm playing on my Xbox One S. I use the app as my main chat client for parties since the adapter from my headset to my controller broke....
  8. Xbox console companion game stream mic not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox console companion game stream mic not working: I didn't know this was even an option it had until recently, but it doesn't even work for me... Does it work for anyone else, if so, any ideas on how to get it working?...
  9. Xbox Console Companion App party chat not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion App party chat not working: I could talk to my friends with no issue until about three days ago, now when I join a party I can't hear them and they can't hear me even though I can see that I'm talking. Sometimes when I join...
  10. Xbox Console Companion & Xbox App never seem to work properly.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion & Xbox App never seem to work properly.: I'm on PC. Most of my friends have an Xbox One of some kind. When i want to join their party, it's mostly ok, apart from when one particular person wants me to join them, and that happens to be...