Xbox Console Companion Streaming

Discus and support Xbox Console Companion Streaming in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I am attempting to stream a game on my computer, is there any way I can use the keyboard opposed to having to use my controller?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kenku005, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Kenku005
    Kenku005 Guest

When I am attempting to stream a game on my computer, is there any way I can use the keyboard opposed to having to use my controller?

:)

Kenku005, Aug 15, 2019
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

using my HP laptop as a tv

You need to stream your console to your laptop (Has to have Windows 10) with The Xbox Console Companion app. Start the Xbox One, then start the Console companion app, then select the connect icon on the left side of the app, and your console should show,
    just select it, and select stream, that will then stream your console to your laptop.
  3. LegoNinja187 Win User

unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion

Are you minimizing the Xbox console companion app while using to stream your Xbox to it?

Why are you wanting to stream your xbox to the laptop?

Are you running anything else on the laptop whilst trying to stream?
  4. Vinny #1 Win User

unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion

5. IRB Win User

As annix mentions, there is no official method of doing this.

Streaming your Xbox to the PC is emulating you playing your Xbox itself, so it will only use the control methods available as if you were sitting playing in-front of the console itself.

There is a push form Microsoft/Xbox to release their games across both PC and Xbox meaning you don't have to stream to the PC if you prefer playing on the PC with Keyboard and Mouse.
  6. MDG o CROWN o Win User

No, only some console games allow the use of the keyboard and mouse
Thema:

1. Xbox Console Companion Streaming - Similar Threads - Console Companion Streaming

2. Xbox Console Companion App not downloading on laptop.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Console Companion App not downloading on laptop.: Hi! I'm having trouble downloading the xbox console companion app onto my chromebook laptop. When I click install it says that I need to be logged into my microsoft account on my device, which I...
  3. Console Companion can't find Console after update bug.

in XBoX on Windows
    Console Companion can't find Console after update bug.: I'm currently traveling and have been using the console companion app to show games on my laptop screen as the place I'm staying at doesn't have a TV. Everything was going fine until the update...
  4. Xbox Console Companion Not Allowing Me to Upload Game Clips

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion Not Allowing Me to Upload Game Clips: I am not able to upload game clips onto Xbox Live from the console companion app as it says "You can't share game clips" Then it says either the service isn't working, there may be something wrong...
  5. Xbox Console Companion party settings (MIc Problems)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion party settings (MIc Problems): The problem I found is there is no setting for mic volume in the settings. Because of this I cant be in a party because my mic is to sensitive and loud. I tried changing the setting on my PC but...
  6. I can't recieve or send game invites on xbox console companion.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't recieve or send game invites on xbox console companion.: i have tried all that i know. i have used beta. i have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app. i have turned off and on notifications more times than i can remember. and i have restarted my...
  7. mouse and keyboard Xbox streaming to windows 10 console companion

in XBoX on Windows
    mouse and keyboard Xbox streaming to windows 10 console companion: Hello, I was wondering if there was any possible way to use a mouse and keyboard while streaming the xbox one to my pc through console companion? ec73fcbb-6d84-4ee0-84eb-b9801f55fc4b
  8. Repost from /r/XboxOne. Console Companion app streaming isn't working after Windows update.

in XboX Insiders
    Repost from /r/XboxOne. Console Companion app streaming isn't working after Windows update.: I just updated Windows (edit: version 1903) after getting a message that the April edition will no longer be supported and afterwords when trying to stream from my Xbox One X to my computer (so I...
  9. unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion: I got a new laptop, updated everything then tried to use the xbox app (xbox console companion) to stream from my xbox one S to my laptop. It will let me stream only once after I start up xbox but...
  10. Console Companion App won't let me Stream

in XBoX on Windows
    Console Companion App won't let me Stream: For the past week I have tried almost every known solution to this problem: I have restarted my laptop and my xbox, I reset my xbox keeping game data, I deleted my account from the xbox and...