Xbox Console Companion

Discus and support Xbox Console Companion in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi. I have had problems for several days with the Xbox Console Companion. When launching the app it just displays the white circle going round and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SoleAtom117262, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Xbox Console Companion

Hi. I have had problems for several days with the Xbox Console Companion. When launching the app it just displays the white circle going round and round until it stops and says to try again later (which has not made any difference). I also get the error
    code: (0x409) 0x80080005. I have just talked to one of the Xbox experts and she says, because I cannot uninstall the app (the 'uninstall' button is greyed out) it must be a Windows 10 issue. My system is completely up to date and the app has the required permissions
    with the firewall. The app worked perfectly well up to about a week ago. I hope someone can help as it is pretty frustrating

:)

SoleAtom117262, Sep 13, 2019
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox (Beta) Windows 10 App

The APP was updated and is simply called the Console Companion. The Beta APP and the console companion are pretty much identical at the moment so I think you only need the console companion which is the newest version. I have the beta app which updated
    and is now simply called Xbox (beta) as I said there is no discernable difference.

Get the Console Companion
  3. Vitor Rebeque Win User

Xbox Console Companion

To start you want to check if there are any updates in the Windows Store for the app, by opening the Store, clicking the three buttons in the top right, and select Downloads and Updates, then select Get Updates to see if there are any available.

If that doesn't work, the next thing to try would be to open up Settings > Apps and then search for the Xbox Console Companion App, click on it, and click the 'Advanced options', then scroll down and click the "Reset" button. Once that's done reboot the
    computer and see if that solves the issue for you.

Let us know how that goes!
    Thanks for the help. The first method i already tried, but the second i could not find the button of "advanced option" idk why he did not appear in my windows
  4. FreakRoach Win User

XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION

Your best bet is to uninstall the application and install it again.
  5. choppyseize Win User

XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION

Hello

What happens when you try to open it? Do you get any error messages?
  6. yobrizo Win User

Xbox Console Companion

Hello. try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. lately she's had a lot of updates and she may have been caught
Thema:

Xbox Console Companion

1. Xbox Console Companion - Similar Threads - Console Companion

2. Xbox Console Companion will not let me switch accounts

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion will not let me switch accounts: I have tried multiple times to switch accounts in the app but when I click on another account it simply goes to loads and then goes back to the main account that was already logged in. I have...
  3. Getting my xbox to connect to the console companion app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Getting my xbox to connect to the console companion app.: My xbox is on the same internet connection as my phone and my pc but it cannot connect to the xbox app on either devices. Its even on the same subnetwork but it doesn't come up, what do I do to...
  4. How To Turn Off Auto-Sign In on Xbox if Signing Into Xbox Console Companion

in XBoX on Consoles
    How To Turn Off Auto-Sign In on Xbox if Signing Into Xbox Console Companion: I know someone that told me that if they sign out of their Xbox console then sign into their account on the Xbox Console Companion app on PC, they're getting auto-signed into the Xbox. May I ask...
  5. Xbox Console Companion: how to allow chat notifications pop-up via Windows?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion: how to allow chat notifications pop-up via Windows?: So I recently graduated high school, and the only way my best friend and I have kept contact is via Xbox chat. However, I have terrible memory and forget to check the Xbox Companion app all the...
  6. My Games In Xbox Console Companion

in XboX Insiders
    My Games In Xbox Console Companion: I don't know if anyone else has had this issue but I cannot remove games that are currently on my computer in "My Games". submitted by /u/ChaseG31002 [link] [comments]
  7. Windows 10 Xbox Console Companion app upload dates wrong!

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Xbox Console Companion app upload dates wrong!: hi there all, recently I have been uploading clips with the companion app (which is nice and simple rather the long lengthy process of uploading to youtube) but I have come across an issue with...
  8. Xbox Console Companion Quality Settings

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Console Companion Quality Settings: Hello all, I was just wondering if the "Very High" stream quality setting within the Xbox Console Companion app for Windows 10 has been removed? Prior to the summer when the kids were still in...
  9. Unable to sign in to the Xbox Beta or Console companion apps. Errors while downloading from...

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to sign in to the Xbox Beta or Console companion apps. Errors while downloading from...: The error code i receive is "0x80048888". But when I click it to get a solution, the site says that the code doesn't exist. As stated in the subject line, I'm unable to sign in to those apps, but...
  10. Why was the Party Chat notification removed from Console Companion App?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why was the Party Chat notification removed from Console Companion App?: Title. I do not like using the Xbox Game bar. I get every notification Xbox related on the Console Companion App except party invites. I either have to join a joinable party or create one. I do...