Xbox Console Streaming - Latency from Australia

Discus and support Xbox Console Streaming - Latency from Australia in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hi, With Console Streaming opening up to more countries I tried to set it up. I had green ticks for everything except latency. Running... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by gs667, Jan 19, 2020.

1. gs667
    gs667 Guest

Hi,

With Console Streaming opening up to more countries I tried to set it up. I had green ticks for everything except latency.

Running speedtest.net I have a 90/40 mbps speed with a 25ms ping. That is from Hobart to Melbourne. Xbox's detailed network stats tells me it is 94/28 and 144ms. From a bit of googling it seems that this is a test to Seattle. I changed speedtest.net to Seattle
    and it shows a little higher but about the same.

If this is the case how will anyone in Australia ever be able to use console streaming. I'm sure other countries will have the same issues.

I thought the idea was to stream your xbox to your phone so why is the latency to Seattle important? Am I missing something? It is a beta so maybe it will be changed to a location closer to home.

My entertainment gear is running via ethernet to a small switch then into my various devices. I tried running a cable straight from the router to the xbox and tried it on Wifi. Both had the same latency as the current setup. My Nat is open and I have prioritised
    the xbox in the Linksys WRT 1900 ACS router. Australia has multiple connection types because of a pathetic government. Luckily I am on fibre to the premises.

So any ideas on how to reduce latency? Or do I need to wait until Microsoft sort this out a bit more.

thanks for any help you can offer.

gas667

:)

gs667, Jan 19, 2020
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Hey gs667,

Thank
    you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you require any help with any other issues, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. If anyone needs assistance
    with this issue or any other issues, we suggest creating a new thread.

Thank you
    again and have a great day gs667!
  3. gs667 Win User

I used speedtest.net. There is a hyperlink to "Change Server". Search for Seattle and run it. My test from Hobart to Melbourne is 22ms at the moment and I'm streaming a cricket game as well. If I change to speedtest.net's Seattle server I get 210ms. My
    Xbox is lower at about 160ms (without the cricket).
  4. gs667 Win User

Thanks for the reply.

I have looked through this. The only answer i keep coming to is ask your ISP. As mine is Optus that will only result in wasted time.
  5. VigneshRavichandran1 Win User

I'm from India and I too experience the same issue. I've run speed tests with results showing very less latency while xbox shows i have 150ms.. Does the answer marked in this thread work? (I'm away right now so i cant check it myself)
  6. Dessert Meat Win User

Im in Australia and having the exact same issue. NBN FTTP with Telstra with good speedtest and ping results but latency is 137ms at the lowest in the xbox streaming test.

Doesnt look like there is any way around it at the moment so i will try leave some feedback in the xbox insider hub to let them know of this issue so they can hopefully look into a solution.

Anyone else reading this thats having the same issue should do the same so they have as many examples as possible to help them out with a solution.
Thema:

1. Xbox Console Streaming - Latency from Australia - Similar Threads - Console Streaming Latency

2. Console streaming test endpoint/low bandwidth workaround

in XboX Insiders
    Console streaming test endpoint/low bandwidth workaround: Long story made short I am trying to re-enable the console streaming option on my One X after seeing a number of recommendations to do so to try and sort out issues with the xCloud streaming app...
  3. Rushmore Beta disabled my console streaming and I cannot access my console now

in XboX Insiders
    Rushmore Beta disabled my console streaming and I cannot access my console now: I am currently on another continent, but I have my controller with me and console stream regularly. Since yesterday, when I try to connect to my home console, it rejects the connection within 3...
  4. Console streaming latency test - Australia

in XboX Insiders
    Console streaming latency test - Australia: I've seen a few people post that LB+LT+RB+RT fixes the issue of having to get 150ms or less. What screen am I supposed to be doing this? Is it a press and hold or a repeated button mash? Does it...
  5. Xbox Console Streaming - Network latency

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Console Streaming - Network latency: Hi All, When I try and enable Console Streaming (Alpha ring) on my Xbox One X it performs a few tests before it will turn on. All the tests are "green tick" for me except for the "Network...
  6. Xbox Console Streaming network latency requirements adjusted

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Console Streaming network latency requirements adjusted: Calling all Insiders! We’ve heard your feedback, reviewed your bug reports, and took a look at the data. As of today, the network latency requirements for setting up Xbox Console Streaming are...
  7. How to improve latency with Xbox Console Streaming?

in XBoX on Mobile
    How to improve latency with Xbox Console Streaming?: I want to play when Im away from home, like at work for example when im on break, but when I connect to my Xbox its a bit laggy and has a horrible latency, the only time it has worked has been at...
  8. Xbox Console Streaming on Android - Controller Latency 125 ms

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Console Streaming on Android - Controller Latency 125 ms: Hi folks Just running through the console streaming preview setup. My Android app successfully finds the Xbox and runs through the initial setup tests. Everything comes back OK other than my...
  9. Last insider Update my latency is high as f... So I can not try console streaming. If I try...

in XboX Insiders
    Last insider Update my latency is high as f... So I can not try console streaming. If I try...: [IMG] submitted by /u/GSGRUSHER [link] [comments]
  10. High latency to console streaming

in XboX Insiders
    High latency to console streaming: Hi, I am trying to test the console streaming yo my mobile device but when trying to register the Xbox run the network test and get high latency, I did more tests to my internet connection and I...