Xbox console streaming NAT

Discus and support Xbox console streaming NAT in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm about to possibly switch my home internet. The new provider has carrier grade NAT. I read this causes some issues with gaming and peer to peer... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/unmistakablyvague, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Xbox console streaming NAT

I'm about to possibly switch my home internet. The new provider has carrier grade NAT. I read this causes some issues with gaming and peer to peer gaming and dealing with opening needed ports for some things.

Question for someone in the know. Is a static IP going to be a necessity for the upcoming console streaming?

submitted by /u/unmistakablyvague
    [link] [comments]

/u/unmistakablyvague, Oct 24, 2019
  2. jeffazz Win User

xbox (beta) app shows moderate NAT type

That is the same as what i tried.. Tells me xbox services are ok.. NAT type Moderate.. Doesnt effect streaming nor online gaming
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Ich kann nicht auf den Multiplayer zugreifen. [Translation - I can not access the multiplayer.]

Hi Tim,

Thanks for coming to the forums for this issue. If you're receiving the message that your Teredo doesn't qualify, then you would definitely have an issue with multiplayer connectivity.
    Teredo is a networking protocol that’s used to establish secure communications between clients and servers, and to facilitate connectivity between devices behind routers that use network address translation (NAT). The following are some helpful support
    articles to assist you with resolving the issue as you mentioned that it was preventing you from connecting your computer and Xbox console:

Give them a try and please let us know the results!

I hope that this helps you out!
  4. Sipuli91 Win User

Crippling Host...

I wish there was a way to avoid being the host without streaming vids on the background or messing with the NAT...
  5. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Kicked off of multiplayer games, but not streaming services

I bet it's your nat type. My buddy used a university connection for a while and his nat was always strict. Streaming services are not dependent on NAT type as much as multiplayer gaming. Even if you find an ethernet connection it will not change your nat.
    To many people not enough ports.
  6. shane1001(2) Win User

Xbox One Summer Update - after updating the game streaming to PC keeps disconnecting

Not wireless.

All on the same network.

I've just updated the Xbox (Beta) app to version 22.23.4005.00000 and after rebooting some time after the installation, I'm no longer able to stream games on Windows 10 Pro x64 (v1607) (build 14393.351).

I've read through this thread and tried multiple solutions (clearing persistent cache, clearning alternate mac, etc).

The console has a static IP address and all ports have been forwarded through the modem/router (there's only one box since it's from Shaw).

When I turn the Xbox on and run the Xbox Beta app, clicking stream will show the big red screen pop up and tell me streaming is starting. But after the red screen goes down, it shows whatever menu in the xbox app was on before the red screen popped up. And
    then it shows "network problems". And then says it lost connection with the console.

Nothing happened to the default Windows Firewall (not using a third-party firewall) rules.

The Xbox Beta app shows its NAT type is "moderate" (since the desktop is NOT static) but NAT type on the console is open (since the console is static).

Isn't there a tool to check certain things like services, dependancies, etc?

I've uninstalled the Xbox Beta app and then reinstalled and rebooted countless times.

I've even unplugged the console for some time and it still won't let me stream gaming.

Prior to the update, streaming games was easy.

Is there no way to rollback to previous version of the app?

I don't use the Windows System Recovery so that's not an option (wouldn't even know how far back to roll to which would have a fucntioning app the way WSR works).
Thema:

Xbox console streaming NAT

1. Xbox console streaming NAT - Similar Threads - console streaming NAT

2. Console Streaming on iOS (specifically iPad)?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Console Streaming on iOS (specifically iPad)?: I’ve just heard that console streaming to mobile devices is in testing. (Yay!) However, the only information I can find states that it will be for Andriod devices. Is this true or will Apple users...
  3. Console streaming cannot locate xbox. Anyone have this issue? The enable button never pops up.

in XboX Insiders
    Console streaming cannot locate xbox. Anyone have this issue? The enable button never pops up.: [IMG] submitted by /u/lopgan121 [link] [comments]
  4. This is what i be getting when i console streaming. No picture and no control over my...

in XboX Insiders
    This is what i be getting when i console streaming. No picture and no control over my...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Deadmandoom963 [link] [comments]
  5. Unable to use console streaming with a moderate NAT to mobile devices

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to use console streaming with a moderate NAT to mobile devices: I have posted this issue in the mega thread, and have left feedback, but wanted to create my own thread to report this issue again. Firstly, due to the time I spend away from home, console...
  6. I have a feeling they’ll announce the iOS beta for console streaming / XCloud at XO2109

in XboX Insiders
    I have a feeling they’ll announce the iOS beta for console streaming / XCloud at XO2109: ... at least I hope. I bought an android phone from a friend to try it out and it’s been awesome, but I would love to try it on my data on my iPhone XS Max. submitted by /u/tobiasbluehimself...
  7. Any plans to allow Xcloud and/or Console Streaming to work with a VPN?

in XboX Insiders
    Any plans to allow Xcloud and/or Console Streaming to work with a VPN?: Would love to see a VPN work with any of these services I know It is still quite new but I really cant play it like I would on trips or at work without a VPN. submitted by /u/Swordeaser [link]...
  8. PS4 Controller with Console Streaming??

in XboX Insiders
    PS4 Controller with Console Streaming??: Has anyone tried to use console streaming with a PS4 controller? My Xbox controller doesnt have bluetooth and I really don't want to go buy a new Xbox controller just for this. submitted by...
  9. How much data does an hour of xcloud and console streaming use does anyone know?

in XboX Insiders
    How much data does an hour of xcloud and console streaming use does anyone know?: submitted by /u/CKCJamie [link] [comments]
  10. Console Streaming Double NAT

in XboX Insiders
    Console Streaming Double NAT: Has anyone with a double NAT been able to console stream? I have Fios and use a nighthawk in addition to the Verizon router. Unfortunately the way our setup is, we cannot get rid of the Verizon...