Xbox Console Streaming - Network latency

Discus and support Xbox Console Streaming - Network latency in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi All, When I try and enable Console Streaming (Alpha ring) on my Xbox One X it performs a few tests before it will turn on. All the tests are "green... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/OpticNerve75, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Xbox Console Streaming - Network latency

Hi All,

When I try and enable Console Streaming (Alpha ring) on my Xbox One X it performs a few tests before it will turn on. All the tests are "green tick" for me except for the "Network latency" test.

What exactly is this testing - network latency to WHERE? I thought the point of console streaming was that I stream directly from my Xbox to my device. I don't understand why this has any dependency on an external latency test to an arbitrary endpoint, especially when there is no mention of what the endpoint for this test actually is. Where is it testing to, and why does this latency matter? I assume it is probably testing the latency to a service in Xbox Live somewhere - but how is this relevant for console streaming when this isn't the data path?

Obviously the latency between the device and the Xbox is important, but this test is NOT testing that. The test has nothing to do with the device, it's a test that is performed on the Xbox to some endpoint somewhere on the Internet. On my network, the latency between the device and the Xbox is less than 10ms.

I have pretty much the best Internet that is available in Australia (100/40 Mbit), my router is top-of-the-line, my Xbox is wired, my device is a Pixel 4XL, my Wifi is 5Ghz. If it doesn't work for me I don't understand how this works for anyone (in Australia). There is nothing I can improve in my setup.

If I was trying to get xCloud to work I would completely understand why there needs to be a latency test to the xCloud servers and why this would be slow in Australia (as they probably don't have xCloud servers in Australia). However, for the console streaming feature I would have thought that this should work inside any house with decent WiFi/networking.

What might be going on here? Is it possible that even for console streaming, all of the traffic proxies through an Xbox Live server (rather than it being directly from the Xbox to the device)?

Thanks!
    David

submitted by /u/OpticNerve75
    [link] [comments]

/u/OpticNerve75, Feb 14, 2020
  2. ONEEYEDKILLAh Win User

how to play x box one games on my pc bought from x box

Like Smwutches has said, this is not a play anywhere title. However there is a process called Game streaming, which lets you play Xbox One games remotely from your Xbox One console on any Windows 10 PC on your home network. So If
    the xbox and pc (win 10 pc that is) are on the same network you can stream the game. It does suffer a bit of latency or delay , but the better the in home network the better the quality. Here is more info on what it is and how to do it https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/games/game-setup/how-to-use-game-streaming
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Problemas com o ping do app xbox no windows 10[Translation-Problems with the ping of the Xbox app on Windows 10]

4. Skeeter Quill Win User

Connecting via win10 pc (streaming) kills xbox one download speed

Hey there!

It's not just a case of the download speed, it's to do with the latency of the streaming connection. Because of the nature of how packets queue and things like that, to get a really low latency between the Xbox and PC, the speed has to be limited. When you're
    downloading, it doesn't matter too much about latency. When you're game streaming though, it matters a lot. That's why the console will limit the connection speed when streaming.

I also have a Steam Link, and you can set that to "unlimited bandwidth" for streaming games from the PC, when you use that setting however, not only is there a warning to tell you that the latency will increase, but when I've used it, there is a horrible
    delay between input and movement on the screen.

The best thing to do is not to use the game streaming feature if you are downloading and are in a hurry for that download to complete.

Hope that all makes sense!

:)
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Why is my latency so high whilst streaming to my PC on the Xbox App?

So I can stream to Twitch perfectly fine but not from my Xbox to my PC? I don't understand why that's the case.
    I'm no expert here but there's probably latency compensation for streaming to twitch. What I mean is, it doesn't need to be as quick to process the video from your console to the twitch servers. After all, the users watching the video feed aren't playing,
    they're just spectating. While you're live, they don't see what your seeing at the exact same same time you do, if that makes sense.

With game streaming from one system to the other, timing is everything. Even on a fast connection, it's still not quite the same as playing on the host machine, there is a latency issue. Your controller movement has to be processed, the video frame/s sent
    to the client (the PC), the image processed by the PC's hardware and sent to its display.

This processing, plus heavy network traffic, is the cause for the latency issue you're experiencing. Twitch users won't see this, the frames have already been processed, they are just watching the feed.

Perhaps you should test this when fewer people are using the network?
  6. pigpiles Win User

XboxOne network Latency

It has been confirmed 2 times through xbox tech support that there is a problem with their servers. It would be nice if this problem would get fixed, but i doubt that will happen. As a user of the xbox one and ps4 so far the ps4 network is alot better. Less
    lag, lag free streaming, and lower latency.
Thema:

Xbox Console Streaming - Network latency

1. Xbox Console Streaming - Network latency - Similar Threads - Console Streaming Network

2. Console streaming not working on my new Xbox one S

in XboX Insiders
    Console streaming not working on my new Xbox one S: So I used to have console streaming set up on my old Xbox and I recently got a new one and forgot how to set up console streaming but when I tested my setup and checked on the game streaming app...
  3. No "Allow Console Streaming Option"

in XBoX on Consoles
    No "Allow Console Streaming Option": Im trying to connect my xbox one to my pc. I download the app, connected both of them but when i go to stream on my pc it reads "Game stream is off on your xbox. Go to settings> Preferences". I go...
  4. Is there anyone from India for whom console streaming is working on Android.

in XboX Insiders
    Is there anyone from India for whom console streaming is working on Android.: Not project xcloud but console streaming. I'm unable to register for the service. The page doesn't load. I have the android app and Xbox insider hub on my console which gets preview builds...
  5. Console streaming xbox one s network issues

in XBoX on Mobile
    Console streaming xbox one s network issues: Hello i have a one s. When i do console streaming for example dark souls 3, i see on the screen of my smartphone icon of wifi that says me that connection is lower power. Why? I have a router...
  6. Streaming console on same network

in XBoX on Windows
    Streaming console on same network: When I stream my Xbox one X to my PC using the console companion app, I get intermittent black screens while playing.. It makes it unplayable. Is this a common problem?...
  7. Xbox Console Streaming network latency requirements adjusted

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Console Streaming network latency requirements adjusted: Calling all Insiders! We’ve heard your feedback, reviewed your bug reports, and took a look at the data. As of today, the network latency requirements for setting up Xbox Console Streaming are...
  8. Anyway to skip the Network Minimum Requirements with console streaming?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyway to skip the Network Minimum Requirements with console streaming?: I've been struggling with double NAT forever with the internet provider I have because their limiting control with your own connection, is there some way to bypass needing a NAT type moderate or...
  9. Is the PC App "Xbox Console Companion"'s console streaming limited to "in-network"? Is...

in XboX Insiders
    Is the PC App "Xbox Console Companion"'s console streaming limited to "in-network"? Is...: The Android app's big feature is remotely playing your Xbox. I have a Surface Go that I'd really like to stream my Xbox to while I'm on a business trip. Is this supported? submitted by...
  10. Console streaming works perfect for me but not for my brother even on the same network.

in XboX Insiders
    Console streaming works perfect for me but not for my brother even on the same network.: I have a Xbox One X, and I set up Xcloud, and I have had no issues thus far. I told my brother about it, and he set it up on his original xbox, and was able to get it to work of Wifi and on LTE...