Xbox constantly launching HDR games really dim

Discus and support Xbox constantly launching HDR games really dim in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Lately my Xbox has been launching games that are HDR at an extremely dim level. I have a TCL 6 series and the HDR works fine. There has been a couple... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Aviddly, Jul 14, 2019.

1. /u/Aviddly
    /u/Aviddly Guest

Lately my Xbox has been launching games that are HDR at an extremely dim level. I have a TCL 6 series and the HDR works fine. There has been a couple of times in the past where I’d launch Gears 4 or NBA 2K and it’s extremely dark, but just going back home to the dashboard and re-opening the game would fix it and it would display the correct HDR.

Now it’s launching the HDR games dim all the time, and going back to the home dashboard to reopen them is not solving the issue anymore. This has started happening only a couple of days ago.

Any others experiencing this problem?

submitted by /u/Aviddly
    [link] [comments]

/u/Aviddly, Jul 14, 2019
  2. Davidson-EA3DD772-4E Win User

Xbox One X dimming for some games and apps

Found out HDR was the issue. If I turn off the HDR everything works fine. Anyone know why all of a sudden HDR would cause my XBox to dim?
  3. The def star Win User

Xbox one S, Netflix dims screen when HDR is enabled

I have the same issue but it happens with anything HDR including Forza Horizon 3. When content with HDR enabled kicks in the Xbox flashes black and then auto dims until the app that is using HDR is closed. It really sucks because it washes out the colors.
    The Netflix app on my TV with HDR doesn't do this so it rules out my TV as the issue. What's going on?
  4. GoodLieYoung Win User

Xbox One X HDR dimming problem!

Hello,

My xbox one x has an issue with loading games in HDR. When a game or netflix starts up. My screen dims dark. Like it fade away. All colours are dark and not bright.

I have a 4K/HDR tv with a 10 bit panel. And it doenst work.

I tried everything. Switching settings from my tv and xbox, hard reset, different HDMI 2.0 port and cabel. Only HDR in 8 bit mode doenst go dark. But I know my TV has an working 10 bit panel that works with other content beside my xbox one x.
    Same here. It looks as if you have screen dim on as a power saving feature. The problem with this bug is that dims the screen as soon as you start and play an hdr game or app.
  5. DominickDeDonno Win User

Xbox one S, Netflix dims screen when HDR is enabled

I've had the same issue since the one S came out. The only way to stop the dimming effect is to shut off HDR in the Xbox settings. Not sure if this is an MS issue or a Netflix issue. But seeing as I can cast 4k hdr Netflix from my phone directly to the tv
    with no dimming, my money's on MS issue
  6. reptileegg Win User

Screen dims slightly after 5 minutes.

… it does say this one that link you gave - When using the NU8000 for HDR PC Gaming, there is currently an issue with the 'Standard' picture mode where the screen became very dim and we were unable to change it. So maybe
    there are issues with this TV and dimness.
Thema:

1. Xbox constantly launching HDR games really dim - Similar Threads - constantly launching HDR

2. Xbox (Beta) App constant 50+% GPU Usage while just downloading games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) App constant 50+% GPU Usage while just downloading games: I am currently downloading a game and I saw that the app is running at a constant GPU usage at over 50% and its hogging up my ability to play other games, any help on how to stop it from using...
  3. Microsoft controllers constantly disconnecting from console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft controllers constantly disconnecting from console?: I have an Xbox One S. I used the controller that came with it for nearly two years before it started experiencing normal wear and tear; stick drift, unresponsive buttons. So I went to Gamestop...
  4. Black Screening constantly..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black Screening constantly..: Hi I've recently been having trouble with certain apps black screening my xbox (can hear audio) I'll try to watch uploaded videos or ones on mixer and 100% of the time this will happen. A hard...
  5. Party Only Constant Disconnect

in XBoX Accessibility
    Party Only Constant Disconnect: Almost every time I join a party, and try to play with the party, I always get disconnected. I can play for maybe 10-15 minutes, an then it just keeps reoccurring. But if I'm not in a party and...
  6. Xbox x Signing out of profile constantly

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox x Signing out of profile constantly: I have to keep singing in after a few hours. Keeps asking me to enter my password. Anyone else getting this? I’m in the skip ahead program submitted by /u/KoKaneZombie [link] [comments]
  7. constant problems DVD Xbox One S - why bother?

in XBoX on Consoles
    constant problems DVD Xbox One S - why bother?: Why should I bother owning an Xbox if I constantly have to struggle to play a DVD ? and am the only one in the house that can get it to work. My Sony PS4 and all off the shelf DVD players work...
  8. Xbox One 500gb - constant large system updates.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One 500gb - constant large system updates.: Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on here but this is doing my head in! Had my xbox one for ages now. Basically since the first month of them coming out in the UK. It has been replaced...
  9. Problems with microsoft merchandise causing problems constantly to laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with microsoft merchandise causing problems constantly to laptop: I have been a follower of Bill Gates for a long time. I love Microsoft. Or I used to. I have a brand new laptop that came with Windows 10. I like the start screen and everything. However, since...
  10. Xbox one X constantly asking me to clear local saved games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X constantly asking me to clear local saved games: My X is almost daily asking me to clear local saved games. I’ve done every type of reset, tried with and without my external drive... to no avail. What can i do to resolve this? Ive seen other...