Xbox constantly launching HDR games really dim

Discus and support Xbox constantly launching HDR games really dim in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Lately my Xbox has been launching games that are HDR at an extremely dim level. I have a TCL 6 series and the HDR works fine. There has been a couple... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Aviddly, Jul 14, 2019.

1. /u/Aviddly
    /u/Aviddly Guest

Lately my Xbox has been launching games that are HDR at an extremely dim level. I have a TCL 6 series and the HDR works fine. There has been a couple of times in the past where I’d launch Gears 4 or NBA 2K and it’s extremely dark, but just going back home to the dashboard and re-opening the game would fix it and it would display the correct HDR.

Now it’s launching the HDR games dim all the time, and going back to the home dashboard to reopen them is not solving the issue anymore. This has started happening only a couple of days ago.

Any others experiencing this problem?

submitted by /u/Aviddly
    [link] [comments]

/u/Aviddly, Jul 14, 2019
  2. Davidson-EA3DD772-4E Win User

Xbox One X dimming for some games and apps

Found out HDR was the issue. If I turn off the HDR everything works fine. Anyone know why all of a sudden HDR would cause my XBox to dim?
  3. The def star Win User

Xbox one S, Netflix dims screen when HDR is enabled

I have the same issue but it happens with anything HDR including Forza Horizon 3. When content with HDR enabled kicks in the Xbox flashes black and then auto dims until the app that is using HDR is closed. It really sucks because it washes out the colors.
    The Netflix app on my TV with HDR doesn't do this so it rules out my TV as the issue. What's going on?
  4. GoodLieYoung Win User

Xbox One X HDR dimming problem!

Hello,

My xbox one x has an issue with loading games in HDR. When a game or netflix starts up. My screen dims dark. Like it fade away. All colours are dark and not bright.

I have a 4K/HDR tv with a 10 bit panel. And it doenst work.

I tried everything. Switching settings from my tv and xbox, hard reset, different HDMI 2.0 port and cabel. Only HDR in 8 bit mode doenst go dark. But I know my TV has an working 10 bit panel that works with other content beside my xbox one x.
    Same here. It looks as if you have screen dim on as a power saving feature. The problem with this bug is that dims the screen as soon as you start and play an hdr game or app.
  5. DominickDeDonno Win User

Xbox one S, Netflix dims screen when HDR is enabled

I've had the same issue since the one S came out. The only way to stop the dimming effect is to shut off HDR in the Xbox settings. Not sure if this is an MS issue or a Netflix issue. But seeing as I can cast 4k hdr Netflix from my phone directly to the tv
    with no dimming, my money's on MS issue
  6. MARIE ET POM Win User

Payday 2 Red 'Static'

Same here and only recently ... I notice the HDR doesnt kick in as it usually does with other games (Screen dims when launching games). Menus are fine like yours, only when in the actual heist. I’m curious about what they’ll ask you to do, but for sure,
    you’re not alone with this issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox constantly launching HDR games really dim - Similar Threads - constantly launching HDR

2. 4 systems, 7 controllers, Three headsets ALL are DISCONNECTING CONSTANTLY anyone know any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    4 systems, 7 controllers, Three headsets ALL are DISCONNECTING CONSTANTLY anyone know any...: this is a huge issue plaguing my friends and I. between 4 different systems, every controller that's not a base wired controller, and the few Bluetooth headsets we have constantly disconnect....
  3. I constantly have problems playing gamepass games on my pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I constantly have problems playing gamepass games on my pc: I am constantly having problems with gamepass on my laptop it's a MSI and none of the games I have played can get to the resolution of my laptops max, but the problem is launching the games which...
  4. xbox one s constantly taking me to trouble shoot for factory reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one s constantly taking me to trouble shoot for factory reset.: At least once a week my xbox one s fails to load passed the green background. it then takes me to a black troubleshooting screen where I have tried reseting the xbox (which doesn't work) and every...
  5. Xbox elite controller series 2 constantly disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller series 2 constantly disconnects: After not playing my Xbox for a while I fully updated my Xbox one after connecting to my internet . Everything is all good and swell using my regular battery controller . The problem begins when...
  6. Xbox elite controller series 2 constantly disconnects

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox elite controller series 2 constantly disconnects: After not playing my Xbox for a while I fully updated my Xbox one after connecting to my internet . Everything is all good and swell using my regular battery controller *update this even happens...
  7. Consistent and constant high ping spikes with wi-fi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Consistent and constant high ping spikes with wi-fi: Hello, I've been experiencing short duration (about 2 seconds) high ping spikes (+300 ms) every 15 seconds or so in my PC, which makes it impossible to play games or do any other task that...
  8. Having Deep Rock Galactic constantly crash upon launch on my pc any help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having Deep Rock Galactic constantly crash upon launch on my pc any help?: This is the error I'm getting whilst launching Deep Rock Galactic: LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 3143] STLMeshCarver...
  9. Xbox Gamespass games won't launch - constantly ask for Gaming Services, even when installed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gamespass games won't launch - constantly ask for Gaming Services, even when installed: OK, from two days of googling and attempts to fix this I can see that a version of this issue has been a problem for a couple of years, so I'm not optimistic, but I'm out of answers. Whenever I...
  10. How do I fix Forza Horizon 5 constantly syncing data while launching it on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix Forza Horizon 5 constantly syncing data while launching it on PC: I have deleted the game and I have tried many ways possible but it is always stuck on syncing data and loads constantly, I have had this problem for 2 days now and the game used to work perfectly...