Xbox constantly launching HDR games really dim

Discus and support Xbox constantly launching HDR games really dim in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Lately my Xbox has been launching games that are HDR at an extremely dim level. I have a TCL 6 series and the HDR works fine. There has been a couple... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Aviddly, Jul 14, 2019 at 4:53 PM.

1. /u/Aviddly
    /u/Aviddly Guest

Lately my Xbox has been launching games that are HDR at an extremely dim level. I have a TCL 6 series and the HDR works fine. There has been a couple of times in the past where I’d launch Gears 4 or NBA 2K and it’s extremely dark, but just going back home to the dashboard and re-opening the game would fix it and it would display the correct HDR.

Now it’s launching the HDR games dim all the time, and going back to the home dashboard to reopen them is not solving the issue anymore. This has started happening only a couple of days ago.

Any others experiencing this problem?

submitted by /u/Aviddly
    [link] [comments]

2. Davidson-EA3DD772-4E Win User

Xbox One X dimming for some games and apps

Found out HDR was the issue. If I turn off the HDR everything works fine. Anyone know why all of a sudden HDR would cause my XBox to dim?
  3. The def star Win User

Xbox one S, Netflix dims screen when HDR is enabled

I have the same issue but it happens with anything HDR including Forza Horizon 3. When content with HDR enabled kicks in the Xbox flashes black and then auto dims until the app that is using HDR is closed. It really sucks because it washes out the colors.
    The Netflix app on my TV with HDR doesn't do this so it rules out my TV as the issue. What's going on?
  4. DominickDeDonno Win User

I've had the same issue since the one S came out. The only way to stop the dimming effect is to shut off HDR in the Xbox settings. Not sure if this is an MS issue or a Netflix issue. But seeing as I can cast 4k hdr Netflix from my phone directly to the tv
    with no dimming, my money's on MS issue
  5. reptileegg Win User

Screen dims slightly after 5 minutes.

… it does say this one that link you gave - When using the NU8000 for HDR PC Gaming, there is currently an issue with the 'Standard' picture mode where the screen became very dim and we were unable to change it. So maybe
    there are issues with this TV and dimness.
  6. B Tank 1988 Win User

Same problem on Hisense M7000. UHD Blu Ray playback is stunning but Netflix HDR is dull, brightness dims as soon as you play it.

Please get this fixed asap as it renders HDR netflix useless for me.
Thema:

1. Xbox constantly launching HDR games really dim - Similar Threads - constantly launching HDR

2. xbox live network constantly connects and disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live network constantly connects and disconnects...: I've been bouncing in and out of connection to xbox live randomly for the past week. I've tried EVERYTHING offered to help and none of it works at all. NONE. I don't know what else to do on my end...
  3. Starting over games constantly.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starting over games constantly.: It is very common to start the games again when they are very narrative like life is strange, in open worlds I do not do it since I prefer to take up the rhythm with the secondary missions....
  4. Power brick shows constant orange light. Is it a easy fix or time to replace?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power brick shows constant orange light. Is it a easy fix or time to replace?: Jutst tried to turn my xbox on and got nothing noticed the power brick has a constant orange light tried unplugging it for 10 seconds with same results what can i do?...
  5. Xbox One X constant wifi issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X constant wifi issues: This is going to be a long post but i need answers. Back in November 2017 i got the Xbox One X at launch. I upgraded from a One S. From the moment i started using it i began disconnecting from...
  6. My Xbox One is Constantly Freezing and Error Code 0xc0000189

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One is Constantly Freezing and Error Code 0xc0000189: The home page is really slow. It takes a long time to load and then when it does, it can’t keep up with my stick movements. Games take ages to load, most of the time they freeze on while trying to...
  7. Constant WIFI drops/not connecting on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant WIFI drops/not connecting on Xbox One X: At my wits end here. Internet is fine, Router is fine, no issues, other devices can connect to WIFI yet every single time I turn on y Xbox it states "connect to Xbox Live" which I try to do, but,...
  8. Constant loss of connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant loss of connection: So I can be happily playing online and out of nowhere no network connection. I have tried resetting and restarting both the xbox and router and nothing. The xbox can detect the correct WIFI signal...
  9. Cisco DPQ 3212: Constantly getting disconnected from Xbox live

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Cisco DPQ 3212: Constantly getting disconnected from Xbox live: Cisco DPQ 3212 (Modem): Constantly getting disconnected from Xbox live Have you tried hard resetting your console? 1c01178a-994f-4bc2-be89-d610f370ca2f
  10. Xbox One X - Constant Errors and Issues Upon Startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - Constant Errors and Issues Upon Startup: Hi Ever since getting my Xbox One X - Scorpio edition since they first hit the UK, I've had nothing but issues with the console. They weren't really apparent to me for the first year but have...