Xbox constantly launching HDR games really dim

Discus and support Xbox constantly launching HDR games really dim in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Lately my Xbox has been launching games that are HDR at an extremely dim level. I have a TCL 6 series and the HDR works fine. There has been a couple... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Aviddly, Jul 14, 2019.

1. /u/Aviddly
    /u/Aviddly Guest

Lately my Xbox has been launching games that are HDR at an extremely dim level. I have a TCL 6 series and the HDR works fine. There has been a couple of times in the past where I’d launch Gears 4 or NBA 2K and it’s extremely dark, but just going back home to the dashboard and re-opening the game would fix it and it would display the correct HDR.

Now it’s launching the HDR games dim all the time, and going back to the home dashboard to reopen them is not solving the issue anymore. This has started happening only a couple of days ago.

Any others experiencing this problem?

submitted by /u/Aviddly
    [link] [comments]

/u/Aviddly, Jul 14, 2019
  2. Davidson-EA3DD772-4E Win User

Xbox One X dimming for some games and apps

Found out HDR was the issue. If I turn off the HDR everything works fine. Anyone know why all of a sudden HDR would cause my XBox to dim?
  3. The def star Win User

Xbox one S, Netflix dims screen when HDR is enabled

I have the same issue but it happens with anything HDR including Forza Horizon 3. When content with HDR enabled kicks in the Xbox flashes black and then auto dims until the app that is using HDR is closed. It really sucks because it washes out the colors.
    The Netflix app on my TV with HDR doesn't do this so it rules out my TV as the issue. What's going on?
  4. GoodLieYoung Win User

Xbox One X HDR dimming problem!

Hello,

My xbox one x has an issue with loading games in HDR. When a game or netflix starts up. My screen dims dark. Like it fade away. All colours are dark and not bright.

I have a 4K/HDR tv with a 10 bit panel. And it doenst work.

I tried everything. Switching settings from my tv and xbox, hard reset, different HDMI 2.0 port and cabel. Only HDR in 8 bit mode doenst go dark. But I know my TV has an working 10 bit panel that works with other content beside my xbox one x.
    Same here. It looks as if you have screen dim on as a power saving feature. The problem with this bug is that dims the screen as soon as you start and play an hdr game or app.
  5. DominickDeDonno Win User

Xbox one S, Netflix dims screen when HDR is enabled

I've had the same issue since the one S came out. The only way to stop the dimming effect is to shut off HDR in the Xbox settings. Not sure if this is an MS issue or a Netflix issue. But seeing as I can cast 4k hdr Netflix from my phone directly to the tv
    with no dimming, my money's on MS issue
  6. MARIE ET POM Win User

Payday 2 Red 'Static'

Same here and only recently ... I notice the HDR doesnt kick in as it usually does with other games (Screen dims when launching games). Menus are fine like yours, only when in the actual heist. I’m curious about what they’ll ask you to do, but for sure,
    you’re not alone with this issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox constantly launching HDR games really dim - Similar Threads - constantly launching HDR

2. Xbox one constant error messege

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one constant error messege: My xbox keeps giving me an error code saying the game or app took too long to start the code is 0x8027025a ive tried restarting the console ive held the power button for 10 seconds and unpluged...
  3. My games are taking to long to load. For the last 2 days, I have to constantly reboot my...

in XboX Insiders
    My games are taking to long to load. For the last 2 days, I have to constantly reboot my...: [IMG] submitted by /u/ralphy2142 [link] [comments]
  4. My Xbox one counsel constantly signs my controller out of my profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one counsel constantly signs my controller out of my profile: No matther if im playing online or disconected from xbox live my controler will sign me out of my profile repeatedly. Iv tryed turning off auto sign in and that didnt help, its ultra garbage...
  5. XBOLX ONE X Games will not play with fluidity. They constantly buffer and stop in the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOLX ONE X Games will not play with fluidity. They constantly buffer and stop in the...: XBOLX ONE X Games will not play with fluidity. They constantly buffer and stop in the middle of the action and then start up again! I cannot play my XBOX ONE X Games because they constantly keep...
  6. Getting logged out of Fortnite Constantly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting logged out of Fortnite Constantly: Hi! I have been playing fortnite for 2 years now however recently I started getting logged out of the game automatically. I of course contacted EPIC support first who said everything is fine in...
  7. Utterly sick and tired of this. Cant play my games, constant updates, games uninstalled.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Utterly sick and tired of this. Cant play my games, constant updates, games uninstalled.: Is there ANY chance of me being able to use MY console when i like, how i like? I live on a boat so updating is a major pain in the [mod removed-profanity] over marina wifi. No problems though,...
  8. How do I stop constant ads on Sudoku

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I stop constant ads on Sudoku: It is impossible to play daily challenges because of the ads every time you complete a puzzle d7c7a4a3-2629-4fdc-ba08-7802afc96941
  9. Xbox Live constant disconnect for 30 seconds then reconnects + Xbox UI showing British...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live constant disconnect for 30 seconds then reconnects + Xbox UI showing British...: Every few minutes Xbox Live will disconnect for approximately 30 seconds then reconnect. This usually occurs while playing Rainbow Six Siege. However, it has also happened while using several...
  10. Mic Has Constant Sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Has Constant Sound: I just recently got a new controller for my Xbox since my last one had stick drift problems. I just plugged in my headset and was gonna test to make sure the mic was working properly, and it...