Xbox constantly re-downloads deleted game

Discus and support Xbox constantly re-downloads deleted game in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Whenever I remotely initiate any game download, my Xbox Series X also re-downloads “Resident Evil Code Veronica.” I delete RE, cue any download on... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Spooky_Toast, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Xbox constantly re-downloads deleted game

Whenever I remotely initiate any game download, my Xbox Series X also re-downloads “Resident Evil Code Veronica.”

I delete RE, cue any download on mobile, and it returns from the dead. Always.

Assuming it’s a backend issue on a mobile download list. Tried deleting Xbox app but no luck (happens on web too). Have re-initialized console and intentionally started the download/cancelled RE in fruitless hopes that would clear it.

I do understand I should eventually play this game. Message received, RE.

submitted by /u/Spooky_Toast
    [link] [comments]

/u/Spooky_Toast, Nov 25, 2021
  2. AridLizard Win User

Xbox constantly deleting downloaded games

this is probably due to game updates cancelling.

if you have automatic updates turned on and something happens to cause the update to cancel then the game is uninstalled.

this could be happening as a result of your "slow internet".

you could turn off auto updates to prevent updates from starting so that they don't get cancelled in the background while you are playing something else. this will be ok for solo games but online games will require you to manually update them before you
    can play them.

this guide might help with getting a better connection which might help prevent updates from cancelling

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/connection-solution

hope this helps
  3. XGN Corrupt Win User

I cannot play my modern warfare 2 game

Try deleting the game and re-downloading it, if it's a disc try and delete the information stored on your Xbox.
  4. NathanielLarson Win User

games

Before you tried re-downloading it did you delete the original download off your xbox? If not delete it from your xbox first and then try re-downloading it.
  5. ill Trickz Win User

xbox saying "disk is unreadable" on a downloaded game.

Have you tried deleting the game and re downloading it? Some times the game could have an error while downloading and can end up not being completed but the Xbox thinks it is. My advice is delete the game, not the game saves. After deleting it re download,
    and let it fully download with no interruptions; such as playing a game, or doing anything on the console to make the download pause. Giving it a rest period to download it you will have a better chance on having no errors on the game.
  6. RobertCoombs-AC8D9CA Win User

Digital Copy of Game not playing

Try deleting the game off of your Xbox 360 Harddrive and re-downloading the game from your Download History.
Thema:

Xbox constantly re-downloads deleted game

1. Xbox constantly re-downloads deleted game - Similar Threads - constantly downloads deleted

2. Forza 5 failed download. Cause SSD to constantly be active.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza 5 failed download. Cause SSD to constantly be active.: error code 0x00000000 This is what is showing. Software trying to download both Forza 5 and Forza 5 standard edition. I do not have Xbox game pass any. It keeps try to constantly download and...
  3. xbox series X Slow download, constant drops

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series X Slow download, constant drops: I have a 100 Mbps connection. In xbox network speed test I get Download 93 Mbps And Upload 112 Mbps. I'm using Wired and as tested with 5ghz dedicated WiFi, using Google DNS as well . When...
  4. Tried closing my membership after the constant downloads now got a 4gb update

in XboX Insiders
    Tried closing my membership after the constant downloads now got a 4gb update: I closed my insiders account after downloading a 500 mb update. I usually get off of work at 7am play games for a little bit then fall asleep again. Having to wait for an update to finish every...
  5. Download Symbol Constantly Shows in the Store (Top Right)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download Symbol Constantly Shows in the Store (Top Right): The download symbol with the number 1 constantly shows top right between the cart and search symbols. If I select it, it takes me to my games section yet I don't have any downloads queued or any...
  6. Game constantly glitching after the new download.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game constantly glitching after the new download.: Since my console DL the new update with the Hardhat map not matter witch map I play while shooting against another player my game starts glitching like a bad lag . And its REALLY[Mod removed-...
  7. : Random slow download and constant high ping

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Random slow download and constant high ping: : Random slow download and constant high ping So i recently moved to Okinawa Japan from the US and i got a good internet provider here with 150 mbps download speeds. Both of my roommates were out...
  8. Constantly getting Error Code: 0x800704c6 game is stuck downloading at a certain point at 0 B.

in XBoX on Windows
    Constantly getting Error Code: 0x800704c6 game is stuck downloading at a certain point at 0 B.: Hi I've had this issue regarding downloading a game on the Xbox App on PC. The game downloads to a certain point and just stops and doesn't continue. It has been happening for the past few days...
  9. Anyone dealing with constant stopping/resuming on *every single download/update...?!*

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone dealing with constant stopping/resuming on *every single download/update...?!*: For probably almost a week or more now, every time I have an update or download something new, it’s unbearably slow. It’s constantly stopping and resuming over and over and over and over again. My...
  10. Xbox constantly deleting downloaded games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox constantly deleting downloaded games: I'm having a repeat issue where my xbox one randomly uninstalled games. At first it was one or two, but this last week I've lost 13 games. This is becoming an issue as my slow internet makes...