Xbox Controller Acting Weird After Latest Update

Discus and support Xbox Controller Acting Weird After Latest Update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't have an Xbox but I use a Series X controller on Windows, and ever since I updated it the L2 and R2 triggers haven't been working right in games... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CalebCountryman, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Xbox Controller Acting Weird After Latest Update

I don't have an Xbox but I use a Series X controller on Windows, and ever since I updated it the L2 and R2 triggers haven't been working right in games but when I test them out in Xbox Accessories there's no issue at all. The issue seems to be that the controller thinks I'm pressing the buttons constantly for some reason? I don't really know how to explain it, but like in Dark Souls trying to use the trigger only works maybe 1/5 times and when I go into the menu I have to fight for my life to move up or down in the menus because the menu select keeps bouncing up and down like crazy. I've had this problem for a few days now and even after noticing a new update and applying it today it still isn't working properly. I haven't been able to find anyone else with this specific problem online either, only stuff about the triggers sticking and they feel perfectly fine. There's been no water or fall damage and I take pretty good care of my electronics so I don't know what else this could be other than a software issue? If anyone could help that would be awesome, thank you in advance for reading this.

:)

CalebCountryman, Jan 13, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

There is a way to rollback the update of the controller to remove the firmware that might be causing the issue. But you'll need to get your hands on a console in order to do it.

Connect your controller to my console via USB and follow the steps outlined below.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox one update has caused headset transmitter not to work!!!!!!

after the latest updates my turtles beaches are acting weird also, but mine are the xo 7's and plug into the controller, no audio unless i keep pressing the audio effect button multiple times then the audio comes on, if the controllers go off then the same
    thing happens. seems these updates are not nice to turtle beach.
  4. DarkInceptions Win User

Can't Download Update for MW3

That fixed it!! The weird thing is, ever since the latest update my wireless (on xbox) has been acting up... I wonder if it is just my adapter :\
  5. kevinwininger Win User

Xbox One Hardware Issue??

Xbox one acting weird after last console update can't do anything keeps locking up
  6. BrianWrightWS6 Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 - left joystick input lag / starting to drift

I have had the same issues, I've sent two controllers back now. The buttons and drifting seem to be notorious. Even this latest one I received is already acting weird.
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller Acting Weird After Latest Update - Similar Threads - Controller Acting Weird

2. Controller acting weird

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller acting weird: My controller taking double inputs i press the direction key once and it inputs twich also my right analog stick random has the up input 63cf1705-bd5c-4c70-94f6-99700e615c75
  3. Series x controller acting weird after latest skip ahead update

in XboX Insiders
    Series x controller acting weird after latest skip ahead update: After the latest skip ahead update my controller will remain powered on but it will lose all functionality as if its powered off. It does have a simple remove battery and put it back in fix but I...
  4. Controller Acts Weird on App / Games

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller Acts Weird on App / Games: I attempted at playing Maneater and Minecraft Windows 10 using my Xbox One controller, if I press RB + A it will minimize my screen and also enlarge it. Press "A" on Minecraft brings up the...
  5. My xbox controller is acting weird and not connecting to the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller is acting weird and not connecting to the console: Hi, I have recently been having a strange problem with the connectivity of my xbox controller to my console. The problem happens every few days and its starting to get annoying due to the...
  6. USB connector controller acts weird with mobile gaming through the Xbox app

in XBoX on Mobile
    USB connector controller acts weird with mobile gaming through the Xbox app: controller acting weird I can connect my controller but it will randomly shut off and turn right back on, pause or spin like the thumbstick is stuck. In general it acts weird. Like I can move...
  7. Xbox One controller acting weird when used wireless on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller acting weird when used wireless on PC: Hey everyone, This issue started recently but I haven't been able to get to the bottom of it. My Xbox One controller (bought earlier this year) had been working fine while connected via USB or...
  8. Controller acting weird

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller acting weird: Recently my xbox controller has been heating by the d pad area, and it keeps vibrating for no reason. It also at first kept turning off after every 3 secs. But i changed batterys and it worked....
  9. Xbox controller is acting weird

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller is acting weird: hello all I am running into some trouble with my xbox controller and I have tried all the troubleshooting methods and I even went out and bought a brand new controller but am still experiencing...
  10. My controller is acting weird...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller is acting weird...: So I tried playing a game on my Xbox one and suddenly, my left stick is drifting upwards. I even took out the grey pieces from the left stick and it still is drifting up. I'm not even touching the...