XBox controller (any model and generation) - allow for dead-zone definition (both edge and...

Discus and support XBox controller (any model and generation) - allow for dead-zone definition (both edge and... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I will get straight to the point. Many many (way too many) XBox controllers, suffer from drifting issues. Some are fixable, some are not (without... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by NULUSIOS, Oct 18, 2020.

1. NULUSIOS
    NULUSIOS Guest

XBox controller (any model and generation) - allow for dead-zone definition (both edge and...

I will get straight to the point.

Many many (way too many) XBox controllers, suffer from drifting issues.

Some are fixable, some are not (without changing the actual analog stick in the controller).

Why after all these years of driver maturity, doesn't someone add dead-zone settings in controller calibration?

It would solve SO many issues.

Actually after all these years, even response curve should be configurable, but this seems to be "too complex" for MSFT, so at least consider DEAD ZONES.

:)

NULUSIOS, Oct 18, 2020
  2. kaeruNkame Win User

The dead zone.

I've adjusted to playing Rocksmith with severe lag do to HDMI, so I can definitely live with dead zones on the controller...
  3. QuickMythril Win User

Controller Dead Zones

unfortunately i don't think anyone on this forum can really help with that, and definitely not any official microsoft support, because that is a 3rd party controller.

you could try to buy those little attachments that go on the stick and extend them. that gives a greater degree of control, but you may not like the feel of it.

another option would be to have the joysticks replaced, or replace the entire controller. if you find the afterglow controllers are all similar in regards to their dead-zone, the only thing i can suggest is to try another brand or model of controller.
  4. Rangoon12 Win User

The dead zone.

I completely agree. I notice this on Shadow of Mordor (Windows 7 64-bit). It's an excessive amount of dead zone. I also compared this with my xbox 360 controller. The dead zone on the xbox 360 is smaller (better) than on the xbox one controller. And the
    360 controller I tested is brand new (less than one hour of use).
  5. ComedyInK Win User

Controller problems ...

It's the controllers the dead zones are too low.
  6. Galactic Geek Win User

Xbox one controller deadlines/vibration

Okay, I tested it. If I barely move the joystick, it won't do anything, but it's such a miniscule dead-zone, it's not really worth mentioning; no game would ever need to be that sensitive. The only reason it's there in the 1st place is because the bottom
    plastic edge of the joysticks have to move down (as you push the joystick up, down, left, or right) to touch the sensor inside of the controller to activate the signal so that it knows you're moving the joystick - that's all; that would be true for ANY controller.
Thema:

1. XBox controller (any model and generation) - allow for dead-zone definition (both edge and... - Similar Threads - controller model generation

2. Unresponsive right bumper on my xbox one controller model 1708

in XBoX on Windows
    Unresponsive right bumper on my xbox one controller model 1708: I noticed recently that my right bumper on my Xbox one controller model 1708 is being unresponsive. Its still working but I need to press the center of the bumper firmly for a response which is...
  3. Xbox One 1708 model controller joystick module

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One 1708 model controller joystick module: I've bought some aftermarket housing and face plates and what not for my 1708. Anyways I've got a drifting joystick, thing is, I've already replaced it twice. Soldered and everything. And it's...
  4. Xbox one s control pin model 1708 -- PIN do controle xbox one s modelo 1708

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox one s control pin model 1708 -- PIN do controle xbox one s modelo 1708: I just wanted the PIN to connect to my Bluetooth so i could play Só queria o PIN para conectar no Bluetooth para poder jogar :( a7279b54-2b9d-49b3-bdd0-cfd7d3e6bbe3
  5. Xbox Elite Controller Model 1698

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Model 1698: I have an Elite controller model 1698. Both pc and xbox will not read the controller. The light only blinks steady and will not be found to do a firmware update. Any help would be appreciated. I...
  6. I can't register Xbox One Controller (White, model 1708).

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't register Xbox One Controller (White, model 1708).: Hello. I'm on the add device page https://account.microsoft.com/devices?refd=account.xbox.com When I enter the serial number, a message pops up saying this serial number was not recognized What...
  7. Xbox One controller Model 1708

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller Model 1708: Hi! Is it possible that there are manufactured xbox one controller model 1708 that are asia versions? Because I've bought an xbox one wireless controller which says model 1708 as checked on the...
  8. Controller Issues MODEL 1537

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Issues MODEL 1537: I just bought a bunch of what used to be retail display controllers for the Xbox One launch in 2013. They used to be hardwired and such so they wouldn't be stolen. Anyways, the retailers did...
  9. Unable to sync any controller to base model Xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to sync any controller to base model Xbox one: Hi guys. I’ve got a launch Xbox one that isn’t connecting to any controllers. My only controller broke today so I went to get a new one. I found when I got home that pressing the sync button on...
  10. Controller Wired Xbox (First Model), how can i connect to my USB PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller Wired Xbox (First Model), how can i connect to my USB PC?: Hi, i would like to know if there is a change for me to play games with my wired xbox controller (first model like in photo below). I have already found a way to connect to my usb port, but i need...