Xbox Controller Audio Passthrough

Discus and support Xbox Controller Audio Passthrough in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 device connected to my Xbox controller, and when I plug an audio jack cable in, no sound is outputted. I've tried device manager,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by gLiTcHyN0ObZ, May 11, 2022.

1. gLiTcHyN0ObZ
    gLiTcHyN0ObZ Guest

I have a windows 10 device connected to my Xbox controller, and when I plug an audio jack cable in, no sound is outputted. I've tried device manager, driver settings, hard-wiring it with USB-C, and restarting, but the audio is still coming out of my speakers, not the controller. When connected to an actual Xbox, the controller outputs sound, meaning that the controller is not faulty. The controller also has the latest update.

:)

gLiTcHyN0ObZ, May 11, 2022
  2. [Farscape] Win User

My headphones are not recognized by my PC when plugged in the controller

the controller has to be hardwired for audio to work as the xbox controller bluetooth does not allow audio passthrough.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

Turtle beach connect to pc

yes as the controller works on bluetooth but there is no audio passthrough via bluetooth, either plug the controller in with a cable and hardwire the headset into that or use xbox wireless adapter.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

Connecting wired headset to XBox wireless controller and hearing audio when the connecting the controller via Bluetooth

none of the xbox controllers support audio passthrough via bluetooth, you have to use wired or use an xbox wireless adapter for that to work.
  5. [Farscape] Win User

No More Microsoft Wireless

why blame bill gates when he has nothing to do with the company these days and only owns a fraction of Microsoft now.

when the xbox one launched there was no bluetooth in the console, there was no bluetooth in the controllers.

bluetooth came to the controllers from the s model up and that was to connect to pc or phone, that bluetooth functionality was for connection only, no audio passthrough.

the only way your going to get audio passthrough via the controller on pc is have it hardwired.

whats the point of bluetooth audio passthrough, if your using on a pc then you have many options to connect bluetooth headphone, headsets etc, same goes for mobile.
  6. ReckitRab Win User

Audio passthrough on xbox one s controller windows 10

yes that's what I am trying.

The controller is up to date with the latest firmware, no change to audio passthrough
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller Audio Passthrough - Similar Threads - Controller Audio Passthrough

2. Crackling Audio on a brand new 2nd-party Xbox Series Controller in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Crackling Audio on a brand new 2nd-party Xbox Series Controller in Windows 11: Recently i got my Xbox Series PDP controller that i ordered, the controller was working fine on my Xbox One, so did the headphone jack, it had no problems, but when i used my controller with the...
  3. Dualshock 4 controller not being detected except in settings as an audio device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dualshock 4 controller not being detected except in settings as an audio device: when i connect the duelshock 4 controller, it doesnt show up as a device anywhere except in settings as an audio device, or in HID as a game controller in device manager, but on steam it shows no...
  4. Distorted Audio on Elite Xbox Controller Used on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Distorted Audio on Elite Xbox Controller Used on PC: I have an xbox elite controller series 2 that I use with my PC. Lately when using my controller with my headset I hear my audio distorted like a shaky robot. This has been a new development as I...
  5. Series S + Insignia 4k Audio Extractor + 2.1 Klipsch Speakers. Can't Control Volume?

in XboX Insiders
    Series S + Insignia 4k Audio Extractor + 2.1 Klipsch Speakers. Can't Control Volume?: I have a Series S and a nice pair of 2.1 Klipsch speakers. I bought an Insignia audio extractor that works great. I have a Vizio 4k TV. I do have sound and video. However I cannot control the...
  6. Windows 11 - No wireless audio with Xbox one controller and adapter for PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 - No wireless audio with Xbox one controller and adapter for PC: Since beginning this month i have Windows 11 and i can't use my Xbox One controller and adapter with the latest firmware wireless for audio. I need to connect it with USB to use the 3,5mm audio...
  7. Xbox Controller Forza Horizon 5 Edition - Muffled/No Audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Forza Horizon 5 Edition - Muffled/No Audio: I got the FH5 Edition controlle for Christmas. Recently I tried using it with headphones plugged in and the audio was very very low. I can turn the volume on the headphones to max outbound, and...
  8. How do I get audio to feed through the controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get audio to feed through the controller: New to Xbox. Just bought the Series X. The audio will play through my tv but it does not play through the controller, so none of my headphones are working when I plug them in. I'm used to plug...
  9. No audio passthrough through my wireless Xbox one controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    No audio passthrough through my wireless Xbox one controller on Windows 10: Hello guys, I've connected my Xbox one controller through bluetooth to my PC. The controller works fine except the fact that when I plug in my 3.5 mm headset to the port in the controller, there...
  10. Audio passthrough on xbox one s controller windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio passthrough on xbox one s controller windows 10: Hi guys I am trying to get audio through my Xbox one s controllers audio jack, this is connected over USB to a windows 10 laptop. Unfortunately this is not coming up as an audio device. The...