Xbox controller buttons reassigned

Discus and support Xbox controller buttons reassigned in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi so ive been useing my xbox one series x/s controller on my pc fine without a hitch for a few months then it randomly changed the mapping my left... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GaryLindsay2, May 13, 2022.

1. GaryLindsay2
    GaryLindsay2 Guest

Hi so ive been useing my xbox one series x/s controller on my pc fine without a hitch for a few months then it randomly changed the mapping my left triger is y rotation the right stick down is left trigger i have been on properties in devives and can even calibrate due to this odd ocurrence any ideas

:)

GaryLindsay2, May 13, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, GaryLindsay! Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Do you use Xbox Accessories App to map your controller? Or do you use other software?

Also, do you have a Xbox to test the controller to see if the issue is happening only on PC?
  3. GaryLindsay2 Win User

Cant even calibrate i mean
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

Controller Issues

If you have a PC or laptop download the Xbox accessories app you can test the controller in and reassign buttons. Do not assign anything to the A button.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Add sprint by tapping forward twice for halo 5 on xbox one

or use the xbox accessories app to reassign it to a different button, or get a third party controller with rear programmable buttons, i did this and have the back 2 for run and jump.
  6. NiteTimeOwl3533 Win User

How do I reassign buttons on mouse?

Hi here is a guide on how to reassign buttons on a mouse from Xbox Support.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/4052294/accessories-how-do-i-reassign-mouse-buttons
Thema:

1. Xbox controller buttons reassigned - Similar Threads - controller buttons reassigned

2. Xbox One controller suddenly has all of its button inputs mixed up, How do i fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller suddenly has all of its button inputs mixed up, How do i fix it?: So today i was bored so i decided to try out Cloud gaming on my laptop because I wasn't home at that current moment, Keep in mind ive tried out Cloud gaming for the past 2 weeks without any...
  3. Xbox: If the 'View' button on the controller is used to go into full screen mode on a web...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox: If the 'View' button on the controller is used to go into full screen mode on a web...: For any web application that supports controller/gamepad based navigation, it is seen that if the View button on the controller is used to go into full screen mode on Edge on Xbox, it renders the...
  4. Elite Controller 2 Paddles unable to map to anything other than existing buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller 2 Paddles unable to map to anything other than existing buttons: The rear paddles do not seem to exist as separate control inputs, rather as duplicates of others. By default these are mapped to XYBA, and can only be mapped to an existing button, rather than...
  5. Xbox Controller's X and Y button not working in Youtube App

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Controller's X and Y button not working in Youtube App: Ever since yesterday, the X and Y buttons (backspace and spacing respectively) are not working at all. Is there a way to resolve this??? 03faab88-0606-46a2-8feb-ebcb646ec5f6
  6. Xbox One controller buttons not responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller buttons not responding: My Xbox one controller blinks and turns off on powering on. I tried to connect using a USB cable. In that case it stays on but none of the other buttons work. I have tried to power cycle my...
  7. Xbox Adaptive Controller issue - Joystick buttons being detected wrong

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller issue - Joystick buttons being detected wrong: Hello all, I'm trying to set up my Xbox Adaptive Controller on my PC but the buttons on the joysticks are mapped incorrectly and don't seem to change when I remap them. In Test Mode the following...
  8. Games only recognising controller when buttons pressed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games only recognising controller when buttons pressed.: I have a PS5 controller (I know, not Microsoft) and previously it has worked flawlessly with all games on the Xbox App. I recently tried to play Forza and Gang Beasts with the same controller,...
  9. Xbox Series X|S controller A button double input

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X|S controller A button double input: I'm having this problem with two brand new official Xbox standard controllers (on Xbox Series S). Occasionally the A button sends a double input when pressed once (noticeable especially in game...
  10. Series X Controller Issue: RT registers as active even if the button isn't pressed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller Issue: RT registers as active even if the button isn't pressed: Hi, I have an issue with my carbon black Series X controller. It seems to register that RT is pressed, in rapid succession, all the time. I've followed every repair step you can think of and the...