Xbox Controller Dies After Syncing To Device

Discus and support Xbox Controller Dies After Syncing To Device in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hope this helps as I've been looking for information for this for a while. I've been having it an issue with my Microsoft branded Xbox one controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Killer Twilight, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Xbox Controller Dies After Syncing To Device

Hope this helps as I've been looking for information for this for a while. I've been having it an issue with my Microsoft branded Xbox one controller dying like the batteries are dead after syncing to the Xbox. I do mainly use rechargeable batteries so
    I'm not sure if that is a variable, but I've also had issues with brand new packs of batteries and the controller is still dying. I started pondering about what could cause syncing issues and attempted doing some soft clears on the device. I have finally resolved
    this on my end by holding the Xbox button down until the device power is off, making sure Xbox controller is off and plugged in to the Xbox, and unplugging the Xbox one device itself for a minute or two. After everything has been off for a couple minutes plug
    it all back in and start the device up via the controller plugged in to the Xbox if you can. My theory is it has something to do with the sync memory or something with leftover power inside the devices after turning them off. I hope this helps and feel free
    to ask any questions until this gets closed.

:)

Killer Twilight, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Kevenstu01 Win User

Using the Xbox One S controller for both console and phone.

hi SnackPack83

unfortunately you cannot, the controller is set to ''always'' connect to the last synced device.

you will have to sync your controller every time you want to switch device

and turning off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button until it turn off is the intended way of turning it off without turning the Xbox off (when synced to an Xbox), or when synced to another device other then the Xbox
  3. NYsFINEST KiLLA Win User

Controller won't sync, help!!

Got my xbox one 1st day came out havent had a problem worked 100% then this weekend battery died i got the another controller with play and charge kit then after that none of the controllers would sync either ways. Please Feed backs
  4. Wishcatcher Win User

Elite Controller V2 - Using with PC and Xbox One

5. Lord Dirt Win User

Controllers don't stay synced to Xbox One after turning them off

My controllers are updated. Last night I was playing Titanfall and my controller died. I quickly changed batteries and the controller would not sync. Took over three minutes of it being plugged into the Xbox One for it to finally sync with the console. Total
    crap!
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Pairing Bluetooth Xbox Controller with an iPad and then back to Xbox

Hi,

I can understand how this can be annoying but I'm afraid you can only sync a controller to one device at a time. So when you switch devices you'll unfortunately need to sync again.

However, if you connect your Xbox controller to your controller using a USB cable, your controller should instantly sync to your console.
Thema:

Xbox Controller Dies After Syncing To Device

1. Xbox Controller Dies After Syncing To Device - Similar Threads - Controller Dies Syncing

2. Anytime my controller dies, it won't connect to the Xbox Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anytime my controller dies, it won't connect to the Xbox Series X.: So the other day I finally got to really play the new Xbox Series X. Well I played to the point that my controller died. I reached over to swap out batteries and when I turned it on, it would not...
  3. Controller dieing with headset

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller dieing with headset: I was looking this up and everything but came here yo make sure. I have rechargable battery packs. I was using one bit now its charging i i p this other one in and my controller constantly dieing...
  4. Xbox controller dies every 5 minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller dies every 5 minutes: Hey guys i bought an xbox one refurbished the console works fine but the controller i put new batteries and after 5 minutes says batterys are low , i bought the charge pack and after 5 minutes it...
  5. Xbox One controller flashes and then dies

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller flashes and then dies: Hi there, I have a 9 month old xbox one wireless controller that I use for PC gameplay exclusively (I have no console, so any fix involving power cycling the xbox console itself is not an...
  6. Why is my Xbox One Controller Rechargeable Battery dieing quickly when my console is turned...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox One Controller Rechargeable Battery dieing quickly when my console is turned...: Why are my Rechargeable Batterys dieing if my console is turned off? There in red bars. 300fbfb0-9696-4e3e-b711-e0cd2219ab0d
  7. Both controller died together - really?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Both controller died together - really?: 'morning, i went through all the troubleshooting options to get either of my 2 rechargeable controllers to respond...by the end i was advised to buy new controllers. I wanted a 2nd opinion, i...
  8. X박스 컨트롤러 사망 [Translation - Xbox Controller dies]

in XBoX on Windows
    X박스 컨트롤러 사망 [Translation - Xbox Controller dies]: PC 하드웨어를 새로 구매하여 OS(윈도우10)까지 새로 설치를 했습니다. 그 후에 기존에 사용하던 Xbox컨트롤러를 으로 사용하 했는데 PC에서 인식을 하지 못했습니다. 단순히 촉 불량으로 생각했는데 윈도우7을 사용하는 PC에서는 아무 이상없이 작동했습니다. 드라이버 문 일 것이라 생각하 윈도우10 업데이트를 확인해봤는데 업데이트는 최...
  9. 1st controller dies, 2nd controller connect, message doesn't leave

in XBoX on Consoles
    1st controller dies, 2nd controller connect, message doesn't leave: Ok, I thought this would have been asked by now. But I can't find an answer anywhere. Why is it that when my controller dies, I reach for my second controller to connect. It connects, and then the...
  10. 1st controller dies, 2nd controller connect, message doesn't leave

in XBoX on Consoles
    1st controller dies, 2nd controller connect, message doesn't leave: Ok, I thought this would have been asked by now. But I can't find an answer anywhere. Why is it that when my controller dies, I reach for my second controller to connect. It connects, and then the...