Xbox controller disconnecting xbox one/windows 10

Discus and support Xbox controller disconnecting xbox one/windows 10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I bought a xbox series X controller back in February and keeps disconnecting. At first I thought it was just my pc however I tried it on xbox and it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Recon Ollie, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Recon Ollie
    Recon Ollie Guest

I bought a xbox series X controller back in February and keeps disconnecting. At first I thought it was just my pc however I tried it on xbox and it disconnected all the time. Games aren't playable anymore because it disconnects every time I move it. This has happened before and I wasn't able to fix that problem however I was actually able to play for a bit then it would disconnect but now with the series X controller it disconnects every time I pick it up, I wasn't able to log into my xbox before.

On my series X controller it started to happen when I had a USB power surge on pc, everything started to disconnect but after a few days everything went back to normal apart from my controller.

My controller is up to date and on pc I uninstalled my USB ports form device manager and I uninstalled the xbox controller as well and nothing seems to be working.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but I use a wired controller.

Anybody have any suggestions as to whats causing this?

:)

Recon Ollie, Aug 18, 2021
  2. Catherine Cus. Win User

Closing and reopening xbox app causes freeze

Hi,

If you're having issues with the Xbox controllers while streaming games through the Xbox app on Windows 10, this may be be due to outdated drivers of the controllers. To resolve this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to update your Xbox One controller on Windows 10.

It is also recommended to keep your Windows 10 device and the Xbox app up-to-date. Refer to the following links for the steps:

After installing the updates, disconnect the Xbox controllers, and then restart both of the Xbox One console and the Windows 10 computer. Reconnect the controllers and check if you'll encounter the same issue.

Keep us posted with the progress. We'd be glad to further assist you.
  3. xI Josiah Ix Win User

Xbox One S controller for Windows 10

4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

XBOX app on Windows 10 wont recognize XBOX wired controller for XBOX or Windows 10

The Xbox One controller is a plug and play device. If the Windows 10 PC can't detect the controller, it may be due to Windows not automatically updating the controller's drivers. To update your Xbox
    One controller on Windows 10, kindly visit this
    link
    and follow the steps provided.

We also recommend checking if there are updates available for your Windows 10 device. See

How to get software and driver updates for Windows 10
    for the steps.

Refer to this
    link
    for additional information on how to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC.
  5. LaminateCow15 Win User

Various problems with xbone pad and Windows 10

6. XBF George L Win User

Xbox controller connects but wont work

Thema:

1. Xbox controller disconnecting xbox one/windows 10 - Similar Threads - controller disconnecting windows

2. Xbox controller keeps disconnecting from windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller keeps disconnecting from windows 10: In the past year I have bought two xbox controllers and both seem to work alright on xbox but when it comes to windows 10 they suck. It's not anything to do with the build quality or anything like...
  3. Windows 10 Xbox Series X Controller Disconnects Mid-Game

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Xbox Series X Controller Disconnects Mid-Game: Ever since a recent Windows update, I have noticed that my Series X controller I use play some games on PC with (Rocket League, Halo, etc), will disconnect while mid-game or in gameplay at random....
  4. Xbox controller (Model 1914) randomly disconnecting from Windows 10 PC over Bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller (Model 1914) randomly disconnecting from Windows 10 PC over Bluetooth: Got an issue with the new xbox series x controllers -- I get random disconnects when playing games using the model 1914 controller. Just to note - I have the model 1708 controller and do not have...
  5. Xbox Elite Controller 2 randomly disconnecting from Windows 10 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Controller 2 randomly disconnecting from Windows 10 PC: Dear team, I'm experiencing the same issue with my Xbox Elite Controller 2 that many users have experienced months ago: it's connected to my Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth (not a dongle but an...
  6. Xbox One Controller constantly disconnects on Windows 10 after Anniversary Update - Why...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller constantly disconnects on Windows 10 after Anniversary Update - Why...: I have an issue with the Xbox One controller constantly disconnecting (wireless) from my Windows 10 PC after a few minutes. I then reconnect, and it disconnects again. This problem has been going...
  7. Xbox Elite Controller disconnects on windows 10 using wireless dongle

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Controller disconnects on windows 10 using wireless dongle: I have 2 xbox elite controllers and 2 dongles.. the old one and the new nano. I have tried the dongles on 2 separate gaming computers and both have the controllers disconnecting randomly. I have...
  8. Xbox Controller for Windows 10 keeps disconnecting every 10 minutes

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Controller for Windows 10 keeps disconnecting every 10 minutes: Hello everybody, I recently bought a new Xbox Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. While playing some games I dicovered that my controller seems to disconnect very regulary every 10...
  9. Xbox One wired controller disconnect on Windows 10 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One wired controller disconnect on Windows 10 PC: [img] My wired xbox one controller keeps disconnecting seemingly at random. Sometimes I can play for 10-20 min with no issue, other times it disconnects as soon as I plug it in. Whenever it does...
  10. Xbox One controller disconnects all the time windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller disconnects all the time windows 10: I have a wired xbox one controller. Bought it about a month ago. The entire time it's been sitting on the computer, never dropped or anything. It's started disconnecting constantly. I'll be...