Xbox controller disconnects but light stays on

Discus and support Xbox controller disconnects but light stays on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Anyone experienced this before? The xbox will randomly cut off all controllers (I've tried using a wired one too), and will only work with them again... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChippoB, Mar 24, 2020.

1. ChippoB
    ChippoB Guest

Anyone experienced this before? The xbox will randomly cut off all controllers (I've tried using a wired one too), and will only work with them again after it's been turned off at the plug. The wired
    controller doesn't show any light, and the wireless one's light stays on. If I turn the xbox off using the button, or take the batteries out of the controller, the controller turns on shows a steady light but doesn't actually connect. Any ideas how to stop
    this?

:)

ChippoB, Mar 24, 2020
  2. LifelessProphet Win User

Xbox one S suddenly stop syncing both my controllers, usb cable wont work

I have exactly the same problem. I have an Xbox One and Three working controllers. The xbox will not stay connected to any of them. So I am now using a micro usb plugged directly into the controller, but that is not working at all. The xbox light flashes
    on the controller and then it disconnects. If left alone it will reconnect in about 15 seconds. And then it disconnects again after 1 or two minutes. I have tried all of the steps provided on the link posted. I have even factory reset the xbox console and
    no change.
  3. pascalcastano Win User

xbox 360

Hello yes the light stays on in red fixed I have all disconnect and reconnect, still in red nothing shows on the tv
  4. AssertiveGrub90 Win User

How do I turn my Xbox on

You can also turn it on by holding down the xbox logo button in the middle of your controller until the light stays on
  5. Win10Gamer4STEA Win User

Xbox One controller connecting to PC

Hi Formula! Do you notice any lights on the controller? Usually the white light should stay white and not be blinking.
  6. DanielDickson81 Win User

Xbox One S Controller 3.5 mm sound issue

I just posted about my controller and constant disconnects, some indicate the controller has disconnected and other times it just acts like it's frozen (with the Xbox button with a solid light), when it freezes I have to remove the batteries.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller disconnects but light stays on - Similar Threads - controller disconnects light

2. Microsoft Elite Controller 2 disconnects from XBOX One X intermittently

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Elite Controller 2 disconnects from XBOX One X intermittently: I've had this series 2 elite controller since Nov, this last week it is disconnected from my xbox one x intermittently, I have to re-sync the controller with the xbox to get connected again. I've...
  3. My controller keeps disconnecting mid game

in XBoX on Windows
    My controller keeps disconnecting mid game: I'm running on windows 10 and I'm playing Rocket League on Steam. I have a plug and charge kit so thats the battery pack in the controller. Whenever I'm playing Rocket League, my controller will...
  4. Elite controller 2 disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller 2 disconnecting: I purchased the elite controller 2 around the start of 2020. It worked perfectly fine for a while but then kept disconnecting mid game like every five minutes. I use a Astro A50 wireless so i dont...
  5. Mic keeps disconnecting on Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic keeps disconnecting on Xbox controller: I have a pair of new headphones and I have my ofc Xbox controller. I can be playing just fine one second and if I just move one bit it disconnects my mic, please help...
  6. xbox one X controller keeps disconnecting!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one X controller keeps disconnecting!!: I have Xbox One X Gear Of War Edition and I never had this problem with my 2 past Xbox One S and X systems. After 5 or 6 times I turn on my Xbox One X system. The controller won't turn on the...
  7. Xbox One - Sync Issues - Controller Frequently Disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Sync Issues - Controller Frequently Disconnecting: Hi all, this only started happening today and looking online seems to be of no help. Using my console with the wireless controller as usual today when all of a sudden I notice the buttons stop...
  8. Xbox One wired controller randomly disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wired controller randomly disconnects: So I have 3 Xbox Controllers. One has a broken USB port and can only connect to the console wireless, but it won't work wireless on my Xbox, like any other controller. The second one has a fixed...
  9. Xbox one controller disconnecting.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller disconnecting.: So I’ve recently been having this problem where while I’m playing a game a message will pop up on my xbox saying to please reconnect my controller like its off because the batteries died or...
  10. Controller disconnects but light is solid?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnects but light is solid?: Hello, I have two problems but both the same. One of my Xbox One controllers just randomly disconnects while being active. It will either drop and flash the xbox light to sync where I turn off...