Xbox controller disconnects randomly from series x when wired headset plugged in.

Discus and support Xbox controller disconnects randomly from series x when wired headset plugged in. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When a wired headset is connected to the controller, we are experiencing static and audio issues. In addition to this the controller will desync from... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FOXDVD, May 3, 2022.

1. FOXDVD
    FOXDVD Guest

Xbox controller disconnects randomly from series x when wired headset plugged in.

When a wired headset is connected to the controller, we are experiencing static and audio issues. In addition to this the controller will desync from the xbox for up to 10 seconds and reconnected randomly. This happens none stop. When the headset is not connected the controller works fine.

We tried a brand new controller out of the box with new batteries and same issue.

We made sure the firmware was up to date on both controllers.

We bought another wired headset (different brand) from amazon, and same issue.

What could be causing this and any possible solutions?

:)

FOXDVD, May 3, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, FOXDVD! Thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry you are having a hard time with your controllers.

If it's okay, I have some questions regarding your setup.

• Have you also made sure your console's OS is up to date? you can see this by going to Settings > System > Updates.

• Have you already connected your controller to your console via USB cable? I know this defeats the purpose of a wireless controller, I just want to know if the issue persists even if it's wired.

• Are there any external devices plugged into your console?

• Is there a stereo adapter plugged in between your headset and your controller?

• Are you using original Xbox controllers manufactured by Microsoft?

• What kind of batteries are you using with your controllers?

• Which headsets have you tried so far?

Additionally, I'd suggest power cycling both your console and your controllers, like this:

- Press and hold your controller's Xbox button until it shuts down.

- Remove your controller's batteries.

- Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down.

- Remove all external devices from your console.

- Unplug your console for 3 - 5 minutes.

- Put everything back together and check if the issues persist. If possible, please plug your console directly into one of the wall's outlets.

Please let me know if this works.

Thank you!
  3. Noel Hoekstra Win User

Xbox series X - AUDIO - USB vs 3.5mm headphones - Quality & Latency

I understand you about the xbox license.

I rather not want to have a wireless headset because I dont like charging and the battery life will decrease over time. So that leave me with two options:
    1. Wired, 3.5mm into the Xbox series x controller
    2. Wired, usb, into the Xbox series X

I checked the microsoft store and there are only 2 compatible series X headsets. Both wireles.

Do you know any wired Xbox series X headset? That is compatible with the series x? I prefer USB but have to go 3.5mm otherwise.
  4. KingOfWombat Win User

Wired versus Wireless Controllers/Headsets

I prefer wireless controller and wired headset, but I do not recommend using a wired controller and a wired headset. Some headsets will make a weird buzzing noise when plugged into a wired controller. And also, same goes for plugging your wireless controller
    into your console to charge a battery pack.
  5. SammyVS Win User

Connecting headset

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

I imagine this headset is wired and has a 3.5mm connector, right? If I'm correct, the Xbox Series S controller has an output that you can plug the headset into the controller.
  6. DangerousBard Win User

Wired headset not working

As stated in the xbox support about wired headsets:

support.xbox.com/.../wired-headset-help

The following conditions may cause an echo or noise during game play:

The microphone detects ambient noises. This includes voice transmission that comes from the earpiece.

The headset plug is not fully inserted into the controller.

You are using the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, and the battery levels in the unit are low.

If you or other players hear an echo or other noise during game play, try one of the following:

Turn the volume down on your TV or stereo.

Disconnect the headset from the controller, and then reconnect the headset to the controller.

Clean the plug on the headset cable with a clean cloth, and then reconnect the headset to the controller.

Test the headset by connecting the headset to a different controller if you can do this.

If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, replace the AA batteries or recharge the Xbox 360 rechargeable battery.

Check these steps to locate your headset problem.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller disconnects randomly from series x when wired headset plugged in. - Similar Threads - controller disconnects randomly

2. My Xbox One S Controller randomly disconnects whilst playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S Controller randomly disconnects whilst playing: I have had this issue for a long time now where my controller will randomly disconnect every few minutes. I have tried the two known fixes for this issue, which are updating the controller's...
  3. Controller disconnects randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnects randomly: I've got to rant here cause I'm infuriated how many complaints I see about the Xbox Series X/S that just decides to stop accepting any controller connection. It's not even a controller problem it...
  4. My controller randomly disconnects from my Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller randomly disconnects from my Xbox Series S: I've had the controller for probably less than a year and probably close to ever 2-3 minutes it disconnects from the Xbox. The controller stays on, but it's almost like it stops sending its signal...
  5. XBOX One controller disconnecting randomly while plugged in wired

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One controller disconnecting randomly while plugged in wired: Hello there, I have recently bought an Xbox One controller for my Windows 11 laptop to play Battlefield 2042 and Halo: Infinite on and all of a sudden I noticed that while playing with a wire (USB...
  6. Xbox controller randomly disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller randomly disconnects: I have a problem where my Xbox controller will randomly start flashing and my game will pop up and tell me to reconnect my controller, then it reconnects after a few seconds. It will do this...
  7. Any word on random controller disconnects?

in XboX Insiders
    Any word on random controller disconnects?: Does anybody know if MS is working on this? They just note it in the patch notes but it never seems like it's gonna get fixed. submitted by /u/kincomer1 [link] [comments]
  8. Controllers randomly disconnect from xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controllers randomly disconnect from xbox one s: For several months my 2 xbox one controllers keep disconnecting. I have tried power cycling controllers and Xbox. I have made sure xbox and both controllers are up to date. I have put new...
  9. Xbox controllers disconnecting from console randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controllers disconnecting from console randomly: Hello everyone, I bought an Xbox Series X around 4 months ago. For the last 2 months I am getting my controller disconnected once in a while when playing. It's quite a game breaking experience...
  10. When is MS going to fix the random disconnects with the Elite 2 controller?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When is MS going to fix the random disconnects with the Elite 2 controller?: and before you suggest changing the batteries, connecting via USB or updating the firmware 1. There are no swappable batteries in the Elite 2, there is a rechargeable battery and 2. It does the...