Xbox Controller Freezes on PC

Discus and support Xbox Controller Freezes on PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps "freezing" whilst in game. The controller stops accepting inputs, but holds on the input that was being... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Craig J Lucas, May 21, 2022.

1. Xbox Controller Freezes on PC

My Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps "freezing" whilst in game. The controller stops accepting inputs, but holds on the input that was being pressed. If the analogue stick is pointing left, it stays pointing left but no other buttons work. It happens more frequently the longer it's in use.

I'm using the controller plugged in, and the only temporary fix is to unplug the controller and plug it back in again.

Other inputs(keyboard, mouse, ect.) still work. I've tried multiple USB ports, updating the controller using the Xbox Accessories App, making sure other drivers/Windows updates are up to date(I'm not aware that I took an update that caused the issue).

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

:)

Craig J Lucas, May 21, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Craig. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Are you able to test it on other computer or a console to see if it works fine? This way we can know if it's a Controller issue or Windows/Software issue.

Also, this always happened with the controller or it started to happen a few hour/days/weeks?

Waiting for your answers, my friend.
  3. Craig J Lucas Win User

Hi Lucas

I might be able to test it on another device in a few days. I don't own a console or another PC to test it on, so I'll have to see if I can borrow one.

The problem started happening a couple of days ago, the controller is probably 18 months old or so.

Thanks
  4. FabioHVSilva Win User

Controller stopping randomly

Have you try with USB cable connected to update the firmware?

The controller is old (wireless) our new (Bluetooth), because if is new and you have a PC with Bluetooth you can try on PC and if see its freeze there too. If that happens its the controller.
  5. MythiX Storm Win User

rainbow six bought on xbox one store...

each time it's freeze, I press the xbox button on my controller and my controller vibrate, I wait 1 minute and then the screen goes black and the xbox completly freeze.
  6. SalientNewt6103 Win User

XBOX ONE wireless controller problem (PC)

I got a wireless controller adapter and a xbox one controller for my pc. Everything works just fine for the first 30 minuites then all of a sudden whatever game it starts lagging. On some games it even freezes. If i put my batteries out and back
    in the controller it the lag disapears. What can I do to solve this issue?
    miso
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller Freezes on PC - Similar Threads - Controller Freezes

2. Xbox Series X controller freeze when the headset is plugged in

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X controller freeze when the headset is plugged in: There seems to be an issue when plugging the headset into the controller. controller freezes during gameplay. But when unplugging the headset, the controller recover functionality. This never...
  3. Xbox One S Controller freezing and request replacement page not loading

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Controller freezing and request replacement page not loading: My controller freezes and the only way to un freeze it is by removing natteries which is very frusterating in multiplayer games. I tried to request a replacement through the virtual agent and the...
  4. Xbox one controller freezing up constantly on PC (connected via USB), windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller freezing up constantly on PC (connected via USB), windows 10: I just got this controller to play Elden ring on PC. Throughout playing elden ring I routinely get these massive obnoxious freezes where the game freezes for 30+ seconds randomly. I thought it was...
  5. Xbox Series Controllers Losing Connection/Freezing With Wired Headset Plugged into AUX port...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series Controllers Losing Connection/Freezing With Wired Headset Plugged into AUX port...: Hi just want to report a bug I've found with controllers constantly losing connection or freezing whenever playing on the console with a headset plugged into the AUX port. I was told this is...
  6. Series X/S controller freeze occ. with headset pluged in

in XboX Insiders
    Series X/S controller freeze occ. with headset pluged in: My Xbox Series S Controller freezes from time to time when I play Fortnite Duo/Trio/Team with friends and having my Razer Kraken Headset pluged in to the Series S Controller. Then I have to remove...
  7. Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on: Whenever I play a game after a few minutes the controller fully disconnects like I can't control my xbox series s at all but the light on the controller doesn't start flashing it just stays solid....
  8. Series X/S Controller freezing whilst still having power

in XboX Insiders
    Series X/S Controller freezing whilst still having power: I was on forza horizon 5, I joined a race then my controller just became unresponsive, no button worked, I’d looked to see if anybody was having this issue and apparently people was having this...
  9. Xbox series x and xbonex controllers freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x and xbonex controllers freezing: hello, When i turn on either of these two controllers the light will show the controllers as connected but non of the buttons work if you hold the home buttons down for a minute the controllers...
  10. Anyone having trouble with their controller 'freezing'?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone having trouble with their controller 'freezing'?: I have had an elite series 2 controller since it launched, and have not had any troubles. Last night I started having an issue where mid game (no matter the game) I would have a pop up saying...