Xbox Controller Headset Mic

Discus and support Xbox Controller Headset Mic in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My controller one day would not allow me to use my mic with it, when the computer is plugged into any other controller or my computer it works fine. It... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by EarlyBirdRiley, Oct 10, 2019 at 8:53 AM.

1. Xbox Controller Headset Mic

My controller one day would not allow me to use my mic with it, when the computer is plugged into any other controller or my computer it works fine. It is plugged in directly into the 3.5 mm headphone jack. I can also hear audio just fine through it. When
    I am in a party it will recognize the mic but it just wont work. Anyone know anything?

Also I have tried using the adapter thing which worked for a while until it eventually also stopped working and now doesn't work with anything but the mute light still works turning off and on when i press it.

:)

EarlyBirdRiley, Oct 10, 2019 at 8:53 AM
  2. RygersDeath Win User

Problems with microphone on Xbox One

I have experienced this myself.

Many of the newer headsets are not compatible with the original xbox controller headset jack. I tried several headsets before discovering this issue.

Static usually means it is not getting a good connection due to the headset jack not connecting completely.

It should work if you buy a xbox headset adapter.

You may also try powering off the controller. Plug in the headset. Once it shows the headset is connected. Press the xbox button on the controller and scroll to the audio settings. Make sure the the slider for the mic is turned to the on position. Also try
    adjusting the mic and headset control volumes and mic sensitivity in this menu.
  3. IceStorm III Win User

Is the tritton warhead compatible

The "mic" you're referring to is the boom mic that plugs into the headset.

The mic I'm referring to is the chat system that allows one to talk to other players. Normally, that's supported by a wired mic cable that goes from the 360 controller to other headsets. On all other 360 headsets, a cable is required from the base of the
    360 controller to the headset for chat. Even the wireless Astro A50 has a mic cable port to go to the 360 controller.

On the Tritton Warhead, that's all done wirelessly, same as the Microsoft Wireless Mic for 360 works. Tritton integrated the wireless mic into the headset base unit so that the headset can be completely wireless - no wired mic cable going to the controller.

It's the wired mic cable that the Tritton Warhead lacks that is the problem. There will be no way for the Warhead's base unit to sync its wireless mic with the Xbox One.

If all you want to do is use the Warhead as a wireless headset without a mic, it will be fine. If you want mic support, it won't.
  4. RUB83R P1G Win User

should be able to use Kinect and a headset at the same time

You could always get the headset adapter which will allow you to use your headset mic with the Xbox one controller which would eliminate the need to use the kinect mic.
  5. EnderWolf602 Win User

Headset stopped working after Firmware update 3.1.1221.0

Hi, thank you for the response. Yes, the headset and mic work with another controller with an older firmware.

The headset, once plugged into the controller with newer firmware, there is absolutely no audio from anything and the mic does not work. The controller does not recognize the headset at all.

Please note, the controller in question is a customized controller from Microsoft.
  6. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Xbox mic not working

Try the steps below and see if any of this helps.

The Xbox One controller uses the same wiring standard that Android phones use (CTIA). If you have an Android phone, plug in your headset and see if you hear anything and try and make a call using the headset, make sure the mic is working too.

Apple phones use an OMTP standard and the mic and ground wire are flipped and the mic doesn't work on the Xbox controller.

Connecting a compatible headset to Xbox One

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-compatible-headset

Troubleshooting basics -

- Make sure the mic mute switch on the headset is not on

- Clean the jack that plugs into the bottom of the controller and re-seat the headset jack

- Check the mic on the headset. Some mics are detachable, so re-seat the mic on the headset

- Hard reset the Xbox - Hard reset the Xbox by holding down the power button on the front of the Xbox for 15 seconds. After the 15 seconds let go of the power button then restart the Xbox.

Xbox One Chat Headset troubleshooting

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wired-headset-help

With your headset plugged into the bottom of your controller

- Hit the Xbox Button on your controller and instead of choosing settings, choose Audio

- Make sure the Headset Mic is set to On and headset volume and mic monitoring is turned up

- Check the headset itself just to make sure there's no mute enabled on the headset

Start a party and see if the circle lights up around your gamer pic

On your Xbox, make sure the headset audio is set correctly - if this fixes it you're good

Settings > Display and Sound > Audio Output > Headset Audio - Stereo Uncompressed

Controller troubleshooting. If it's a software issue with the controller, this should help.

1) Settings > Kinect and Devices > Devices and Accessories > More Options

2) Select Firmware version, (even if it states no update available) and then choose Update Now.

- When its done it should state no updates needed

- Choose Close

3) Choose More Options > Select Assigned to and re-assign your profile to your controller

4) Buzz the controller. It should buzz. If it doesn't, either the feature is turned off or the batteries are low. Use new batteries and test again.

5) Go back to Configure and choose Restore Original. This resets the controller back to defaults

6) Pull the batteries out of the controller and leave them out until the Xbox has restarted from the step below

7) Hard reset the Xbox - Hard reset the Xbox by holding down the power button on the front of the Xbox for 15 seconds. After the 15 seconds let go of the power button then restart the Xbox.

8) Put batteries back in the controller

9) Re-sync your Xbox One controller to refresh the connection back to the Xbox.

- If you're not sure how - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-a-wireless-controller

10) With your headset plugged into the bottom of your controller

- Hit the Xbox Button on your controller and instead of choosing settings, choose Audio

- Make sure the Headset volume is all the way up

11) Now test the headset and see if it's working.

If your headset and mic are working on an Android phone but not working with the controller, it could be an issue with the controller.
Thema:

Xbox Controller Headset Mic

1. Xbox Controller Headset Mic - Similar Threads - Controller Headset Mic

2. Gaming headset, xbox controller, pc, mic volume low

in XBoX on Windows
    Gaming headset, xbox controller, pc, mic volume low: Not sure if this has been asked I had a hard time searching for it, but I have a "gaming headset(not xbox) connected to an xbox controller, that is plugged into a PC, yes I game entirely with a...
  3. Xbox One S controller doens't recognize Chat Headset's mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S controller doens't recognize Chat Headset's mic: Hello, I have recently bought Microsoft's Chat Headset for my Xbox One S and the controller fails to recognize the mic, although it seems to recognize the headset itself. I can also hear party...
  4. xbox 1 rig headset cannot get it to connect to my new controller no sound no mic

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox 1 rig headset cannot get it to connect to my new controller no sound no mic: Tried new headset. Seems xbox won't recogonize it. Tried putting in my old headset which I had sound on but no mic, now no sound no mic for the other controller. Help...
  5. No sound on headset or mic for XO Three Gaming Headset Wired connected to a wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound on headset or mic for XO Three Gaming Headset Wired connected to a wireless controller: Purchased a new Ear Force XO Three Gaming Headset(Turtle Beach) and a wireless controller. Connected the headset to the wireless controller and attempted setup on X Box One Console. However, we...
  6. Newer controllers don't recognize the mic on either of my headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newer controllers don't recognize the mic on either of my headsets: So I have two separate Xbox One S consoles, and 3 different controllers. One controller is an older black one (model 1697) and the other two are newer that came with their bundles (both model...
  7. new controller and new headset but still no mic i can hears others but they cant hear me

in XBoX on Consoles
    new controller and new headset but still no mic i can hears others but they cant hear me: just last week my headset decided to crap out on me and stop working. I can hear others but they cant hear me. ive had my console and controller for over 2 years now so I figured a new headset and...
  8. Wired Controller / Headset Mic Buzzing Noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Controller / Headset Mic Buzzing Noise: I recently purchased the Razer Wildcat wired controller for my Xbox One and ever since I started using it members in my party have been complaining about a loud buzzing noise. I tried plugging in...
  9. Headset mic not working after latest controller update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset mic not working after latest controller update: Hey, I updated both my controllers a few days back, and since then, the mic on my headset stopped working. I can hear other players, and the mute and volume adjust works. I've tried a new headset,...
  10. PC headset mic not working on controller headphone jack

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC headset mic not working on controller headphone jack: Hello, I have a Turtle Beach Z300 PC headset, and have recently connected it to my new Xbox One controller with 3.5mm headset jack. The problem is, the audio through it is working, but the mic is...