Xbox Controller is Connected to PC But Won't Work in the Xbox App

Discus and support Xbox Controller is Connected to PC But Won't Work in the Xbox App in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My controller is plugged into the PC and the guide button works but the controller won't work in games. I have a PS4 controller that is working fine... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/StarwindAmada76, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Xbox Controller is Connected to PC But Won't Work in the Xbox App

My controller is plugged into the PC and the guide button works but the controller won't work in games. I have a PS4 controller that is working fine but not the Xbox one. Windows Update says the driver in the controller is up to date.

submitted by /u/StarwindAmada76
    [link] [comments]

/u/StarwindAmada76, Oct 21, 2021
  2. KimJ5 Win User

Can't get Xbox Accessories app to see my Elite 2 controller on Windows 10

Just checking on status. Yes I'm connecting to the PC via the provided cable with my Elite Controller. My PC is upstairs and my Xbox is down stairs. When I turn on my controller on the PC it still turns on my xbox down stairs.

The main issue is the Xbox Accessory App won't work and I cannot configure my paddles.

I use USB to do this. It won't work anyway with Bluetooth.

How can I get the app working? I've ran through many suggestion that were on other forums.

I've rebooted

Uninstalled Reinstalled the app.

Yet it still does not work.
  3. IRB Win User

Xbox controllers for windows 10

The Bluetooth controllers don't come with an adaptor, is has Bluetooth built in. The device it connects to need to have Bluetooth to work, if your PC doesn't then you need to get a Bluetooth adapter for the PC.

The wireless part of the controller works on a unique frequency only for the xbox controllers, so it won't work with WiFi, so for your PC to use the Xbox Wireless part, you would need the Xbox Wireless Adapter.
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox one

So the answer is yes. The term "Wireless display" is sort of a misnomer. The display isn't actually wireless, it's more like Remote Desktop, where you're controlling the PC on a different device without the display DIRECTLY (where the wireless part comes
    in) connected to the device.

So this article loosely outlines how it works. You'll need the Wireless Display app installed on the PC and the
    Xbox One, and they'll need to be connected to the same local network. You'll connect the two in the app, and then control the PC via the app. A mouse and keyboard hooked up to the Xbox One are the best methods for controlling that, but you could put your
    PC in Big Picture mode if you want to control it more easily that way.

It's more like reverse streaming via the Xbox App, but using the Wireless Display app, so it won't be a wireless display, per se, but it will need to be wired to your Xbox.

Let us know if you have any problems or questions in trying to get that set up, and we'll be happy to help!
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Connecting a logitech extreme 3d pro to an xbox adaptive controller

The poster has no problems at all connecting the Joystick to PC so your solutions won't make a difference. Their problem is getting it to work with the Xbox Assisted Controller
  6. Ricardo Cintra Win User

On the Xbox controller asking for a alternative manual mac address where do I find this

Hi Your Controller is connected in PC or Xbox? You try see in Controller App on Xbox?
Thema:

Xbox Controller is Connected to PC But Won't Work in the Xbox App

1. Xbox Controller is Connected to PC But Won't Work in the Xbox App - Similar Threads - Controller Connected Won't

2. Xbox one won't connect to any controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't connect to any controllers: My Xbox one hasn't connected to any controllers I have. And they were connected for so long. And for some reason they aren't recognized. I do all of the fixes but none work. Even connecting the...
  3. Xbox won't allow controllers to stay connected wirelessly

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox won't allow controllers to stay connected wirelessly: I've tried multiple wireless controllers but they don't stay connected for more than 3 minutes before disconnecting from the console. I've checked for updates on the controllers but that's not the...
  4. Xbox series XS controller won't connect to my PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series XS controller won't connect to my PC: It says it can connect wirelessly and i've seen people connect it wireless but for some reason I can't connect it wireless. My bluetooth version is 5.2 and my OS build is 19044.1348. From what...
  5. New Xbox Series X controller won't connect to PC. Connects via Bluetooth, but not through...

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Series X controller won't connect to PC. Connects via Bluetooth, but not through...: Ideally I would prefer the controller to be connected through USB-C. I have tried using a cable, and going to the Xbox accessories app, but the controller does not appear. When I plug the...
  6. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller will only charge via USB won't connect. PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller will only charge via USB won't connect. PC: I use the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller on my PC via USB C cord. The controller has worked fine for its life so far. One day I turned my PC on and the controller wouldn't connect. The charging...
  7. My Xbox One controller won't connect to my PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One controller won't connect to my PC: Hi everyone, I've seen some threads about this but I'm struggling to find an answer for myself on this. I'm plugging my Xbox One controller into my PC via USB, the controller briefly vibrates but...
  8. Xbox360 controller won't connect to pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 controller won't connect to pc: Hi there! I've been trying to connect my controller to my Win10 pc for a few days now. Any time I plug it in and turn it on, all four lights flash, and they'll keep flashing even if I leave it for...
  9. XboxOne asks for update, won't connect to controller not xbox console app

in XBoX on Consoles
    XboxOne asks for update, won't connect to controller not xbox console app: I haven't used my xbox one for a while. Today I turned it on and realized it won't connect to the controller (controller blinks, stops blinking and then immediately shuts down) even using the usb...
  10. xbox360 controller won't connect to xbox Wireless adapter for Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox360 controller won't connect to xbox Wireless adapter for Windows 10: Hi, I have an Xbox360 wireless controller and the receiver stopped working (no green light) so I bought an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. I have the driver installed and have the 'Xbox...