Xbox controller keeps showing need update

Discus and support Xbox controller keeps showing need update in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I want to config my xbox controller elite 2 on pc. I have downloaded xbox accessories and connect the controller through USB. Accessories shows my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by huangze1122, Jun 11, 2021.

1. huangze1122
    huangze1122 Guest

I want to config my xbox controller elite 2 on pc. I have downloaded xbox accessories and connect the controller through USB. Accessories shows my controller need update but when I click on update, it shows my controller is already the latest version and it goes into a deadlock that I need update my controller to access configuration but I can't update. That's so weird.

Xbox controller keeps showing need update [​IMG]
    It shows need update,

I click in and it shows no update needed, my controller is already the lastest version.

Back to main page it still shows need update

:)

huangze1122, Jun 11, 2021
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

how do you fix a pdp controller

The firmware for the controller might need updating. Download the pdp control hub app from the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 or Xbox One. That should show you if it needs updating or anything else that might get it working.
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

Headset no longer working on Xbox One S Controller

Have you checked if controllers need an update?

To update your controller firmware:

• Connect a controller to your Xbox One with a USB cable. Keep any headsets connected to the controller.
    • Connect to Xbox Live.
    • Press the Menu
    • Go to Settings > Devices & accessories. Select the controller.
      • If you have multiple controllers attached, you can select Buzz – which will cause the selected controller to vibrate.
    • Then select Update to download the new firmware to the controller attached via the USB cable, and the screen will show the Updating controller … progress screen
    • When you see the Controller updatedscreen, press ‘B’ to go back to the Devices & accessories main page
  4. CatseyeMcBeard Win User

Headset no longer working on Xbox One S Controller

Have you checked if controllers need an update?

To update your controller firmware:

• Connect a controller to your Xbox One with a USB cable. Keep any headsets connected to the controller.
    • Connect to Xbox Live.
    • Press the Menu
    • Go to Settings > Devices & accessories. Select the controller.
      • If you have multiple controllers attached, you can select Buzz – which will cause the selected controller to vibrate.
    • Then select Update to download the new firmware to the controller attached via the USB cable, and the screen will show the Updating controller … progress screen
    • When you see the Controller updatedscreen, press ‘B’ to go back to the Devices & accessories main page
    Thanks.

"Controller already updated"

Still no change.
  5. XBF Nestor S Win User

Xbox one gamepad doesn’t work on pc

Hey Malkov!

Sounds like the controller might need an driver update. Follow the steps listed on our

controller update
    (for windows) page on our website and keep us posted!
  6. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Usb on connecter cable for an xbox controller not responding with pc

Thema:

1. Xbox controller keeps showing need update - Similar Threads - controller keeps showing

2. I am trying to buy 2 controllers from Xbox Design Lab & I keep getting this error when I...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I am trying to buy 2 controllers from Xbox Design Lab & I keep getting this error when I...: Error DetailsTry that again Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help. PUR-PrerequisiteProfileMissing CqCjfMYKpEmIvqHX.28 2021/06/17 - 17:32:16 UTC Close I refuse to use...
  3. Xbox controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller keeps disconnecting: Hi, My xbox controller keep disconnecting and then reconnecting again - presenting me with a slow flashing light on the controller. I've power cycled it I've checked the firmware is up to date...
  4. Xbox One controller is trash and keeps randomly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller is trash and keeps randomly disconnecting: My new Xbox one controller eats up my batteries after not even 10 hours of use, and randomly just disconnects when I’m playing a game on my PC. The light will just start blinking at random times...
  5. Forza Horizon 4 Keeps Crashing at the Game Controller Screen - Please help

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 Keeps Crashing at the Game Controller Screen - Please help: Forza Horizon 4 Keeps Crashing at the Game Controller Screen - Please help - as I have tried closing at Startup Apps, and after restart tried the solution, however, it didn't work. I have just...
  6. Controller keeps disconnecting. Where to raise complaint?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller keeps disconnecting. Where to raise complaint?: My Series S controller keeps disconnecting. Along with that the WiFi also disconnects. I've tried some of the methods mentioned else where like changing the power option and connecting through...
  7. xbox controller keeps on disconnecting from PC when playing games on steam

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox controller keeps on disconnecting from PC when playing games on steam: when I am playing games on pc, the xbox controller keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting over and over again. Whether it is wired or wireless, the problem still persists....
  8. My Xbox One keeps on disconnecting controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One keeps on disconnecting controllers: My Xbox One keeps on disconnecting any controller that tries connecting to it. And I know it’s the console and not the controllers because I tried connecting the same controllers to a roommates...
  9. Xbox Controller Keeps Going To The Left!!! HELP ME PLEASE

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Controller Keeps Going To The Left!!! HELP ME PLEASE: Hey, this started happening a day ago. I haven't been on the Xbox in a while and it was put away for about 6 months. I finished updating the Xbox and controller was fine. Since yesterday evening...
  10. Console Won't Show on TV and Controller Keeps Flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console Won't Show on TV and Controller Keeps Flashing: Hey folks, I'm hoping someone can help me out here. For the last 2 days my console hasn't been recognised by my TV and also my controllers wont connect. I have tried everything from multiple hard...