Xbox controller keeps turning off my Xbox for no reason

Discus and support Xbox controller keeps turning off my Xbox for no reason in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For some random reason my xbox one wireless controller turned off my xbox mid game and also every time I change my battery pack it turns my xbox of for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StandingHydra32, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Xbox controller keeps turning off my Xbox for no reason

For some random reason my xbox one wireless controller turned off my xbox mid game and also every time I change my battery pack it turns my xbox of for no apparent reason can anyone help?

:)

StandingHydra32, Mar 22, 2020
  2. NENGaming Win User

Xbox 360 Shuts down but wired controller stays on?

This happens to me too, it's been doing it for a while, I'm still unsure of the reason. Normally though if I see the controller light still on when my xbox is off I'll press the on/off button again on my xbox. This seems to turn off the controller for me
    without turning on my xbox again.
  3. xTightKiddx Win User

My Xbox Controller Won't Stay On

Yes, the light on the xbox one controller turns off completely. I have to keep pressing the button to turn it back on then it turns off shortly after again.

Also to add, My main xbox controller says full when I checked the batteries on it, when I removed the same batteries and put them into the new controller it says Medium.
  4. Miss Kleo Win User

my xbox keeps turning of for no reason

Hey NIGHTWIND93! You can contact
    phone support
    to order a new power supply, glad AbnormAnomaly could help you find the solution! :)
  5. AbnormAnomaly Win User

How long are you using it before it turns off? Is it maybe overheating? What is the air flow like around the unit? If its in an enclosed entertainment unit try moving it out or making sure there is space behind it for the fan to move the heat away from
    it.
  6. HassanB Win User

Hello,

If you've already tried the solution steps listed here, and you've already tried a different power supply and the console is still
    not turning on then you'll need to send the console in for a repair.
Thema:

Xbox controller keeps turning off my Xbox for no reason

1. Xbox controller keeps turning off my Xbox for no reason - Similar Threads - controller keeps turning

2. My XB1 controller keeps turning off after a few seconds even with new batteries

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XB1 controller keeps turning off after a few seconds even with new batteries: My XB1 controller keeps turning off after a few seconds even with new batteries. How do I figure out if the problem is with the controller or the console? de0e6973-6552-4207-8b9f-d765178dbe05
  3. Solved: Bluetooth interference. Xbox 360 controller keeps turning off, not battery related,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Solved: Bluetooth interference. Xbox 360 controller keeps turning off, not battery related,...: 360 controllers keep turning off in-game I've searched the Web with little success and thought I'd try here. My 360 controllers keep switching off in-game. This is the second time it's happened...
  4. Controller Keeps Turning Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Keeps Turning Off: Hey Forum, My XBOX 360 controller keeps turning itself off automatically at critical points during games. Example: Playing Far Cry 4 and whenever I'm being shot at or attacked it turns itself...
  5. Xbox one controller doesn't keep connected when turn on my xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller doesn't keep connected when turn on my xbox one x: Hi, i bought my Xbox One X a few weeks ago and have an issue with the controller, every time i want to turn on my console it just turn on fine when i press the home button, but then the light on...
  6. My xbox one keeps turning off and on. I can start it with a controller but it turns its self ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one keeps turning off and on. I can start it with a controller but it turns its self ...: please help me i just wanna know if i need a knew one or not e4e93227-5830-4289-a887-14e6df71277e
  7. Controller keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller keeps turning off: My controller keeps turning off. I tried a new battery pack and it still happens. I plugged the controller in USB and it still turns off. Any thoughts on how to fix or has the controller failed?...
  8. my controller keeps overheating or just wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller keeps overheating or just wont turn on: Hey guys, so about 2 days ago, my controller wouldn't turn on, but I was using a USB cord so i figured that it was just the cord that was broken, so I got a new unopened cord I had stored around...
  9. My controller keeps turning off what should i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller keeps turning off what should i do?: I have FULL batteries but, it still doesn't come on. I did the power cycle and I tried putting a different Charge Station Battery but, it still turns off no matter what....
  10. My controller keeps turning off what should i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller keeps turning off what should i do?: I have FULL batteries but, it still doesn't come on. I did the power cycle and I tried putting a different Charge Station Battery but, it still turns off no matter what....