Xbox Controller no longer works!

Discus and support Xbox Controller no longer works! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So apparently my controller only works when I hold down the home button, meaning I hold down the home button and itll stay on, the second I release the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Icymyst, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Icymyst
    Icymyst Guest

So apparently my controller only works when I hold down the home button, meaning I hold down the home button and itll stay on, the second I release the home button it turns the controller off. Anyone else experience this issue? I just opened up a fresh
    pack of batteries and still getting the same results.

:)

Icymyst, Sep 19, 2019
  2. Galaxy Golden Win User

xbox controller no longer works

Do you still get a blinking light on the controller when you try to connect them to your laptop?
  3. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello
    Icymyst

Thank you for contacting Xbox Forums support! I'm sorry to hear about your controller not staying on.

I would recommend starting off by hard resetting and power cycling
    you Xbox. Follow that guide to perform a complete power cycle.

Here is some more trouble shooting steps:
    Troubleshoot your Xbox One Wireless Controller

Also, , we would suggest getting in contact with
    Xbox Customer Support
    to go over warranty details and what options are available for you.

As provided above the best way to reach Live Support would be here:
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us#0

Step 1 ----Select Xbox One

Step 2 ----Select See other options

Step 3 ----Select topic (Ex. System Update)

Step 4 ----Select "Show contact options"

Step 5 ----Select request a call from support

I hope this helps a bit more.

Felix

Xbox forums support
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

Please try a full shutdown of the laptop then try again
  5. Alucario Ultra Win User

6. Blitzkrieg cG Win User

yes, its not a problem with the controllers I use these also on my xbox regularly.
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller no longer works! - Similar Threads - Controller longer works

2. XBox One Controller on PC no longer works

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox One Controller on PC no longer works: Just bought this wired controller one month ago. Plugged it in, installed and worked no problem, but I was getting a constant Xbox Accessories Runtime Error. Reinstalled Xbox Accessories App, it...
  3. Headset no longer working on Xbox One S Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset no longer working on Xbox One S Controller: All of a sudden my turtlebeach headset has stopped working with both Xbox controllers. I have plugged other devices in to the 3.5mm jack and the same problem persists. Headset works with PC....
  4. xbox controller no longer works

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox controller no longer works: Couple months ago was using an xbox one controller wired to play games on Laptop, just tried today with 2 controllers and neither one seemed to be connecting/usable....
  5. Elite Controller Up button no longer works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Up button no longer works: Hello, When I use my XBox One Elite Controller, the Up button doesn't respond. I went to the store and they said that because it's out of warranty I can only buy a new controller. Same thing...
  6. Xbox One Controller no longer works (correctly) after last Windows 10 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller no longer works (correctly) after last Windows 10 update: Hello, After attempting to play Rainbow Six Siege and DOOM on Steam, I'm seeing that my xbox one controller isn't being recognized properly since the last update. My L and R sticks work, RB and...
  7. Elite controller no longer works with chat pad unless power cable is inserted.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller no longer works with chat pad unless power cable is inserted.: As above. I have tried the chatpad on another controller and it works fine on battery only. I have tried updating the controller with the chatpad attached but no update is needed. I've tried...
  8. Xbox controller headset jack no longer working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller headset jack no longer working: How long are Xbox One controllers guaranteed for and how do you go about getting one replaced if still under warranty. We bought a new Xbox one last Christmas (2017) and the controller will no...
  9. Fifa 18 - controller doesn't work and selected storage device no longer available

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fifa 18 - controller doesn't work and selected storage device no longer available: Hello, I haven't played Fifa for some weeks but when I tried to play some I got to a language selection after Fifa startup but my controller stopped working in Fifa. I could click Xbox button and...
  10. Headset wireless controller no longer works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset wireless controller no longer works: Hey, I've had my Xbox 1S since new about 1yr ago. It came with the wireless remote and I purchased a couple turtle Beach headsets. It all functioned fine until one day neither headset would work...